Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

sg1977nc

Starter
: April 27, 2012, 10:24:09 AM

If he is there around 50ish, I hope we trade up for him.  IMO he will be a Lance Briggs type playmaker, just a notch below Beaston, but a top 5 4-3 OLB right from the get go.  He is quick, great instincts, hits a lot harder than his weight would indicate, and loves football.   If we came away with Barron, Martin, and David and not much else, I would be thrilled.  3 playmakers and potential blue chip players at positions of need.  We have nothing, I mean nothing, at Will right now given that Foster stays put at Mike. 

David and Barron could hopefully erase opposing TEs and RBs from the passing game, Barber can win in the slot, Wright can match up against the #2, Talib against the #1, Grimm over the top, and an improved / healthy Foster at Mike. 

We can worry about CB, ROT, TE, FB, FS, and SAM next year. I want to see how guys like Talib, Grimm, K2, Stocker, Watson, and Lorig do under Schiano first anyway...maybe some can be salvaged. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 27, 2012, 10:26:48 AM

I think there's a decent chance he just makes it to the regular pick in the 3rd. He's not going to have a ton of suitors. 4-3 OLB is not the most coveted position and no 3-4 team is going to be interested in him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 27, 2012, 10:32:42 AM

If the LB run doesn't happen in the early 2nd I think he will be there in the 3rd.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 27, 2012, 10:34:50 AM

I think there's a decent chance he just makes it to the regular pick in the 3rd. He's not going to have a ton of suitors. 4-3 OLB is not the most coveted position and no 3-4 team is going to be interested in him.
Yeah, not too many teams are going to value David simply b/c he is a restricted linebacker. An undersized one at that. I wouldn't be shocked if we stayed pat and took him. Hopefully the Rams don't take him.

David would be a steal.

sg1977nc

Starter
#4 : April 27, 2012, 10:37:09 AM

In round 2 I could see him at the Jags, Lions (I think he goes there), Bears, Broncos (either of their 2 picks), or Giants.  In Rd 3 I could see him with the Colts or Vikes ahead of us.

smithcar

Starter

#5 : April 27, 2012, 10:37:58 AM

I am hoping he will be there in the third but I am very concerned he won't be.  I am not sure I want to give up too much to get him, maybe a later pick this year.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#6 : April 27, 2012, 10:38:12 AM

Would love to get him.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 27, 2012, 10:42:45 AM

It seems like the cupboard's getting a bit bare in terms of what the team has in terms of ammunition for a trade.  I don't have an inherent objection to the team trading back up into the second, but I think it would have to be relatively late in the round.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 27, 2012, 10:43:15 AM

If the LB run doesn't happen in the early 2nd I think he will be there in the 3rd.
I think the start of the second round will be a fight for the offensive lineman and then theres alot of defensive tackles who will go in the second.

I think Chicago will take him if hes there at 50. They cant roll into the season with Geno as a starter.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 27, 2012, 10:44:54 AM

Unless the Bucs feel really strong about Demario Davis I'd be looking to trade back up into the 2nd for Lavonte David or Michael Kendricks. Both of those guys are studs, and neither will make it to the 3rd.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 27, 2012, 10:48:08 AM

I think the start of the second round will be a fight for the offensive lineman and then theres alot of defensive tackles who will go in the second.

I think Chicago will take him if hes there at 50. They cant roll into the season with Geno as a starter.

I don't think the Bears will take him, but the Rams (2 picks), Jags, Seahawks, Eagles, Titans, and Bengals are all very likely landing spots.

sg1977nc

Starter
#11 : April 27, 2012, 10:53:30 AM

If he is there around 50ish, we should try to give up our 3rd, 4th, and 7th or something to move up.  Use our 5th and 6th on a FB or SAM / OL prospect...  Maybe you guys are right though and his size will scare some teams away...but the guy is a playmaker and has outstanding speed and coverage ability...I think the Lions or Bears will get him in the mid to late 2nd.  I hate the Lions...

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#12 : April 27, 2012, 11:14:05 AM

After our exciting first round, we really need to address LB and CB.

I'm pumping his tires hard the last few days, but with a pick in the 4th, I think Bradham is great value.  Lots of upside left, sound tackler, KO hitter, and he's a missile to the ball.  That hit on LaRon Byrd was a thing of beauty.

: April 27, 2012, 11:15:42 AM ErnieBuc

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#13 : April 27, 2012, 11:17:30 AM

They could always take Dennard in the 5th round...he's physical, lol.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 27, 2012, 11:17:41 AM

Lavonte David needs to be targeted big time.  Give up that four and move up some slots.  David helps the defense immenseley.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools