Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 27, 2012, 11:18:01 AM

I think lots of OL,WR and CBs go in the 2nd!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Buc45

Starter
#16 : April 27, 2012, 11:22:17 AM

We have plenty of young players on this team...we don't need the excess picks on the back end.  Trade up for David!  He is the best OLB in the draft...and would be a perfect fit.  I don't want to sit around and pick up another Myron Lewis or Quincy Black...Lavonte is worth moving up for...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 27, 2012, 11:28:13 AM

We have plenty of young players on this team...we don't need the excess picks on the back end. Trade up for David!  He is the best OLB in the draft...and would be a perfect fit.  I don't want to sit around and pick up another Myron Lewis or Quincy Black...Lavonte is worth moving up for...
Yeah, I think you hit the nail right on the head. That's why I think we should trade up twice and get another third.

Swap a 4th + our 5th to get a third.

Trade our third + our 6th to get a 2nd

2. Lavonte David OLB
3. Brandon Boykin CB

Boykin would contribute right away as the nickel back, David at WLB, with Barron patrolling the operation. Then in the 7th, grab Joe Martinek or the fullback from Texas and I see a young team that is ready to actually compete now.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 27, 2012, 11:31:52 AM

To move up from 68 to around 50 it would probably take next years 3rd. I think is worth if he is still there at 50. He is an ideal fit for us and it would mean we got three immediate starters from this draft. Would leave CB as our only hole, but you cant do everything in one draft. Besides, we might still get a solid CB in the 4th. Fingers crossed.

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#19 : April 27, 2012, 11:34:25 AM

I would be willing to take a flyer on Janoris at this point. 

Having taken the best safety, and the 2nd best running back, a homerun pick in the 2nd for Jenkins would put this draft off the charts, talent-wise.
I know Dom and Schiano aren't moving up for a guy with character concerns like Janoris, but I think you're getting a high first rounder in the 2nd round, kind of like Bowers last year, but slipping for another reason. 

Either way, I'd take the flyer on Janoris, and deal with LB in the 3rd/4th. 
There will also be some vets that get released, once things shake out.  We can focus our 1st next year on the stud MLB, and this year, have a proven vet to ride along with our young D, and help them get their feet under themselves.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 27, 2012, 11:35:16 AM

To move up from 68 to around 50 it would probably take next years 3rd.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking.  And if they feel like he can be a starter from day 1, I think I'd be prettty ok with it.

Buc45

Starter
#21 : April 27, 2012, 11:54:50 AM

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.  And if they feel like he can be a starter from day 1, I think I'd be prettty ok with it.

You mean this year's third and next year?  I could live with that...I hate trading future picks but I think David is that special...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 27, 2012, 11:56:44 AM

I would be willing to take a flyer on Janoris at this point. 

Having taken the best safety, and the 2nd best running back, a homerun pick in the 2nd for Jenkins would put this draft off the charts, talent-wise.
I know Dom and Schiano aren't moving up for a guy with character concerns like Janoris, but I think you're getting a high first rounder in the 2nd round, kind of like Bowers last year, but slipping for another reason. 

Either way, I'd take the flyer on Janoris, and deal with LB in the 3rd/4th. 
There will also be some vets that get released, once things shake out.  We can focus our 1st next year on the stud MLB, and this year, have a proven vet to ride along with our young D, and help them get their feet under themselves.
A flyer would mean, to me, that he slips into round 6.  He would be worth the risk only then.

Otherwise, stay clear from the pot dummy aka Janoris Jenkins.  Just a total idiot, Bucs wouldn;t go near that clown.  If the BUcs do take him, Dom will have secured himself into my book as the biggest idiot on the BUcs management team.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 27, 2012, 11:56:51 AM

You mean this year's third and next year?  I could live with that...I hate trading future picks but I think David is that special...
Yeah.  I generally don't love it either.  But it's only bad if it doesn't actually work.

lowlife

Starter

#24 : April 27, 2012, 11:57:10 AM

A lot of pretty good CB/LB prospects left.
Boykin, Hayward, Kendricks, David, Wagner, Acho, Lewis, Cole, Spence, Davis, Manning, Fleming, T. Johnson, Robinson, etc.

Atleast a handful of those guys will be there in the 3rd.

Supreme

Starter

#25 : April 27, 2012, 12:36:27 PM

A lot of pretty good CB/LB prospects left.
Boykin, Hayward, Kendricks, David, Wagner, Acho, Lewis, Cole, Spence, Davis, Manning, Fleming, T. Johnson, Robinson, etc.

Atleast a handful of those guys will be there in the 3rd.

Agreed. And I'm sure that in Dom wants someone, he'll trade up to get him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 27, 2012, 12:39:32 PM

His height may cause him to slip. If he gets close enough to the 3rd I'd trade up to get him.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2012, 12:44:12 PM

They could always take Dennard in the 5th round...he's physical, lol.

ROFL.

You win this thread.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2012, 12:47:20 PM

If we could trade up and nab David (whatever the price) we could really pul off a coop.
#1 Safety
#2 RB
#1 OLB (4-3)

Thats a damn solid draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 27, 2012, 01:26:06 PM

At this point i think if we can make it happen then you get your tgree starters and call it a successful draft. We can still grab a CB prospect and Martenik.....but Barron, Martin, and Lavonte David would be a damn fine draft.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools