Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2012, 01:26:57 PM

At this point i think if we can make it happen then you get your tgree starters and call it a successful draft. We can still grab a CB prospect and Martenik.....but Barron, Martin, and Lavonte David would be a damn fine draft.
Agree.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 27, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Rams have three 2nd riunders so they might be a good trade partner....but at the same time they might be the most likely team to draft Lavonte David themselves.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2012, 01:31:59 PM

Rams have three 2nd riunders so they might be a good trade partner....but at the same time they might be the most likely team to draft Lavonte David themselves.
I hear that.

Dom needs to make moves and snag this kid.  David is a tackling machine, quick sideline to sideline, and can make plays.  He doesn't get as washed in a phonebooth either.  Not bad for a smallish linebacker.  But I have grown fond of him over time.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 27, 2012, 01:44:38 PM

I'm weary of Nebraska LBers they always seem to bust in the NFL and that dates back before Ruud.
I hope regardless we grab a LBer in round 3, unless Jenkins falls that is the only time I would consider taking him. If not in Round 4, grab someone like Casey Hayward or  Chase Minnifield

lowlife

Starter
#34 : April 27, 2012, 02:48:32 PM

If Ta'amu somehow falls into the 3rd he needs to get some serious consideration. An athletic NT  who can work 2 gaps but could blow up in a 1 gap scheme. Price hasn't proven he can be an effective nose and Okam hasn't been as effective as he was coming in late in 2010.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 27, 2012, 03:10:30 PM

Vikings traded a fourth rounder to move up into the first. I think the Bucs could give up their third and fourth to move up into the second if David falls to the middle of the round. It would be pretty sick getting Barron, Martin and David and only lose out on the fourth rounder they didn't have when the draft started.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 27, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

Lavonte David needs to be targeted big time.  Give up that four and move up some slots.  David helps the defense immenseley.
Can't afford to do that, we still would need some CBs.

fsuklee

Second String

#37 : April 27, 2012, 03:17:40 PM

Sorry guys...I love Lavonte David but agree with above poster that we need to make our 3-5 picks to build depth.  People saying trade up....with what?  Mortgage next years picks?  Not a fan of that,  Maybe get a 5th for K2 but that opens another hole.  We need LB/CB/OL depth.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 27, 2012, 03:18:55 PM

Sorry guys...I love Lavonte David but agree with above poster that we need to make our 3-5 picks to build depth.  People saying trade up....with what?  Mortgage next years picks?  Not a fan of that,  Maybe get a 5th for K2 but that opens another hole.  We need LB/CB/OL depth.
I highly doubt we trade K2, if we do. It better be for another 4th so we can grab a TE.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2012, 03:28:20 PM

Lavonte David needs to be targeted big time.  Give up that four and move up some slots.  David helps the defense immenseley.
Can't afford to do that, we still would need some CBs.
I agree, but David is a better LB prospectthan what is left (that is useable).  Janoris Jenkins is not an option in my book.  He loves the cheebah more than Tanard did. 

But if David is gone,thenyes, the BUcs need to get the BPA at the CB spot.  Ihave this feeling Schiano is going to be really blitz heavy, just based on the pick of Barron.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 27, 2012, 03:29:56 PM

If Ta'amu somehow falls into the 3rd he needs to get some serious consideration. An athletic NT  who can work 2 gaps but could blow up in a 1 gap scheme. Price hasn't proven he can be an effective nose and Okam hasn't been as effective as he was coming in late in 2010.
Wouldn't mind that either. He is a mammoth.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 27, 2012, 03:31:49 PM

^...and the Gmen have a deep talent base upfront defensively,so that might be a possibility.  But the BUcs need to dsperately answer the callfor the corners and linebackers first.

But hey, front line defenders are at a premium.  Pass rushers are needed in the worst way.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2012, 03:36:32 PM

I'm all for upgrading that pathetic front 7. Maybe we'll get a chance to pickup somebody after June first cuts.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 27, 2012, 03:37:35 PM

I just think if the Bucs can leverage that first round pick into Barron, Martin and David, you do it at the expense of the fourth rounder they didn't have before yesterday. If they can turn the third and fourth into David, they should do it if they legitimately believe he'd be a day one starter.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 27, 2012, 03:39:57 PM

David is a game-breaker. Barron made a lot of critical stops on third downs for Bama but David did likewise for Nebraska. Game-winning stops too. I want guys that rise to the big stage. While there are other good players out there, you can't deny that making plays at the biggest stagest of game matters the most.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade up for Lavonte David? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools