Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LAVONTE DAVID HAPPY TO BE A BUCCANEER « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 28, 2012, 08:46:19 AM

How the hell did he fall so far ?? I mean Zach Brown was picked in front of him. Teams must have temporarily lost thier minds. This guy is a stud and had no business being at the end of the 2nd round.

This is the kind of luck you need in the draft to win a championship .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 28, 2012, 08:50:54 AM

Uhhh...what difference does it make?  If the Bucs would have traded for TR, we wouldn't have these cats.

Defense needed fixing and you vehemently disagreed in regards to your groin lust for TR.

Spare me your reply because you are ridiculous in your opines about the TEAM. But fear not Doritos, you can add TR to your team in Madden. Which is all you wanted anyway. Fist...meet mouth. Booooom!

TR FTW!  Haha! You mad. Me glad.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 28, 2012, 08:52:14 AM

Defense defense defense! Doloris says its okay to lose 56 to 42. Because TR makes it worth it.

A ha ha ha!  Genius!!!

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 28, 2012, 08:54:15 AM

I was shocked Brown went before David. Shocked and excited all at the same time.
We never traded up for David and we had his old coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 28, 2012, 09:04:23 AM

Just watched the press conference after the pick and Schiano looked giddy talking about David.

I hope he's not 54. I feel burned by the last 54!

I kinda feel the same way, but if he is half as good as I think he is we will all soon forget that a scrub named Geno Hates wore #54 also. David can own that number.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 28, 2012, 09:13:01 AM

Lavonte David reminds me of Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis has got almost 10lbs on David, but other than that they are similar size, and have the same strengths and weaknesses. They even look the same when they are playing. I'm not suggesting we move David to Mike (although I believe 100% he could) I'm just saying I think he can be a Willis type player at the Weakside for us.

So we looking at David/Foster/Watson this year?  :o

Easy JDUB I've praised you be4 but you comparing David to Willis not gonna happen... Dude looks like he can bench press two cows and a pig.. And he (Willis) plays like a power backer adavid plays more like Hayes making splash play behind the line of scrimmage and hawking guys down from behind.. Nothing like Willis sorry just don't see it

You don't need to see it. You just said David plays like Geno Hayes.....so your opinion means nothing on this matter.  :P

People want to say David is like Brooks, but I personally think he is more like Willis. I acknowledged in my post he is 10lbs smaller than Willis, but he still plays like he's 250lbs. Hopefully over the next few years David will beef up slightly. He's 230lbs and that is fine. Derrick Brooks played at that weight with great success, but David could stand to add 5lbs-10lbs of muscle. Unlike Geno Hayes who never beefed up and still looked like a strong safety after 4 years, I am quite certain David will put in the time and effort to get a slightly bigger NFL build. Maybe Doug Martin can give him some pointers!

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 28, 2012, 03:16:10 PM

Uhhh...what difference does it make?  If the Bucs would have traded for TR, we wouldn't have these cats.

Defense needed fixing and you vehemently disagreed in regards to your groin lust for TR.

Spare me your reply because you are ridiculous in your opines about the TEAM. But fear not Doritos, you can add TR to your team in Madden. Which is all you wanted anyway. Fist...meet mouth. Booooom!

TR FTW!  Haha! You mad. Me glad.

Wow . What a dork. ::)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#37 : April 28, 2012, 08:30:08 PM

Could Lavonte David be our D'Qwell Jackson? They are just about the same size and have very similar instincts when you watch them on film....

#38 : April 29, 2012, 04:16:10 PM

Lavonte David reminds me of Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis has got almost 10lbs on David, but other than that they are similar size, and have the same strengths and weaknesses. They even look the same when they are playing. I'm not suggesting we move David to Mike (although I believe 100% he could) I'm just saying I think he can be a Willis type player at the Weakside for us.

So we looking at David/Foster/Watson this year?  :o

Easy JDUB I've praised you be4 but you comparing David to Willis not gonna happen... Dude looks like he can bench press two cows and a pig.. And he (Willis) plays like a power backer adavid plays more like Hayes making splash play behind the line of scrimmage and hawking guys down from behind.. Nothing like Willis sorry just don't see it

You don't need to see it. You just said David plays like Geno Hayes.....so your opinion means nothing on this matter.  :P

People want to say David is like Brooks, but I personally think he is more like Willis. I acknowledged in my post he is 10lbs smaller than Willis, but he still plays like he's 250lbs. Hopefully over the next few years David will beef up slightly. He's 230lbs and that is fine. Derrick Brooks played at that weight with great success, but David could stand to add 5lbs-10lbs of muscle. Unlike Geno Hayes who never beefed up and still looked like a strong safety after 4 years, I am quite certain David will put in the time and effort to get a slightly bigger NFL build. Maybe Doug Martin can give him some pointers!

Looked like David was playing at 220-225. I'm thinkin' that 233 is combine weight.

I don't think he plays like 250 either, more like 230-235.

JMO, as in - just my observation.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 29, 2012, 05:16:51 PM

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 29, 2012, 05:20:08 PM

Great video here if you haven't seen it. Tells his story.

: April 29, 2012, 05:24:16 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#41 : April 29, 2012, 09:18:36 PM

Great video here if you haven't seen it. Tells his story.

I love how he has such a nose for the football...he reminds me so much of the Browns D'Qwell Jackson....he attacks the football, love it

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 29, 2012, 09:25:33 PM

Right? I think it's very telling to see that high school footage. He looked like the same player way back then. He just has a natural feel for the game.

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 29, 2012, 09:31:46 PM

He has all the ability to diagnose a play at light speed.  And he has the ability to actually make a solid hit and tackle.  He completely reminds me of Derrick Brooks. 

From the build, the speed, the tracking...

Man oh man I am so got damned pumped about getting this guy...and I cannot wait to get his jerey.  I really hope the kid turns into a baller at the next level. I hope he treats his body like a temple, and he keeps eating steaks and italian food.  He is slight of build, but I could care less about that.  He can tackle, and he can stop momentum cold at the college level.  Should translate nicely.

Man...just GEEKED about this pick.

And then you add Barron into the mix?  Good gracious...

If I was Schiano, I would be up at 3:42 every A.M. scheming with the other coaches.

I would demand it.  If he wants his players to LOVE football, he better love it moreso!

Damn!  What a weekend.  All that tension is gone.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 29, 2012, 09:33:56 PM

His jerey? You mean like New Jerey? That's like me getting Martin's first name wrong last night. We're all so giddy, but bleery eyed!

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LAVONTE DAVID HAPPY TO BE A BUCCANEER « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools