Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 28, 2012, 06:04:16 AM

Bucs only drafted one Pro Bowler during Gruden's entire tenure.

Yup, his draft analysis means **CENSORED** to me.

But you absolutely love the mess TWEEDLY RAH AND TWEEDLY DUMB  LEFT?     Hey I will be the first to admit Gruden has his flaws in his character but to deny his success as a NFL coach or his ability to express himself honestly concerning the players the Bucs have selected so far is uncalled for and repugnant.

Gruden's main flaw is he lives in a Black and White world where one minute you are ice cream and the next you are Dog Poop and once you are there you probably will never get out of the dog house.   

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : April 28, 2012, 08:47:13 AM

Some people just prefer a coach that finishes in the bottom half of the division every year over one that wins the Super Bowl. Sometimes you wonder how much color plays into their analysis.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 28, 2012, 08:51:21 AM

Gruden did what no other coach in Tampa could...

Draft Dexter Jackson

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 28, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Gruden did what no other coach in Tampa could...

So true.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 28, 2012, 09:04:58 AM

Thats where I will never disagree Java. Tony was a great man and coach, but Gruden took us to the promise land.
Best Coach ever. Horrible at the draft though. Horrible developing Talent.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 28, 2012, 09:27:21 AM

Gruden is the last person who should be talking about the draft. Him and Bruce Allen didn't do **CENSORED** for 6 years.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 28, 2012, 09:33:12 AM

I don't agree that he was horrible at developing talent.    He never had a player on his team who played better elsewhere.   That's the mark of a guy who knows what to do with talent when he has it.   Galloway went on record saying he'd be in the Hall of Fame right now if Gruden had been his coach from day one.   The problem was with the bad drafts, not with developing the players that were drafted.   They just didn't have the talent to be developed.

Lynch and Sapp would have never experienced this moment if it weren't for Gruden.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 28, 2012, 09:35:47 AM

Didnt Gruden allegedly tell Kelly not to go to the Bucs because the Bucs would not spend money?  Yeah, that was right before the Bucs spent $140 million on free agents . . . lol

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 28, 2012, 09:51:46 AM

That was Raheem.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 28, 2012, 10:10:08 AM

That was Raheem.
No, it was Gruden.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 28, 2012, 10:48:10 AM

No, it was Raheem.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 28, 2012, 11:07:21 AM

I think the Bengals are having one of the best drafts. Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Still, Sanu, and Brandon Thompson. Not bad kitties

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 28, 2012, 11:18:17 AM

You know I can never figure out why we keep visiting the same story in half truths...We never could recover from the draft picks we gave up for him so to say he was the worst at drafting...well he had to over come a lot...Sorry but have to respectfully disagree without bringing it all out in context...JMVHO...OBD

benir0

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 28, 2012, 11:39:06 AM

You know I can never figure out why we keep visiting the same story in half truths...We never could recover from the draft picks we gave up for him so to say he was the worst at drafting...well he had to over come a lot...Sorry but have to respectfully disagree without bringing it all out in context...JMVHO...OBD

Absolutely.  They paid for Gruden and all those free agents to WIN THAT YEAR.  It worked, and then, an aging team, missing all those picks and with all those FAs on the payroll went in the gutter for a few years.  We were competitive every game with Gruden, even with really bad rosters.  He didn't rebuild ideally, but we needed to hit every pick given where we were picking...I regret that Gruden didn't pan out here longer term, but I understand why things ended up the way they did.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 28, 2012, 12:23:21 PM

Maybe i'm missing something so hopefully someone can enlighten me...... what do the lost picks have to do with the selections of Clayton, Carnell, Gaines, Sabatino, Ruud, Alex Smith, Stovall, Sears, Black, Dexter Jackson?? These guys were all high round busts!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools