Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#270 : May 10, 2012, 01:25:17 PM

How is it ridiculous? The Bucs won ten games with mostly rookies and scotch tape. Their QB was a 22-year old playing his first full season. All three seventh round picks plus some UDFA rookies started throughout the season and they won ten games.

They played awesome in 2010. Schedule was a little easier but still they won with a very young team. Its a shame they didnt have an offseason because I think many problems last year stemmed from that. Affected the coaches and players.

Understatement of the century, but it definitely was fun

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#271 : May 10, 2012, 01:39:04 PM

Gruden starts with a "G". God starts with a "G". Coincidence? I think not.

Happy now, Java and Lum?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#272 : May 29, 2012, 01:07:55 PM

How is it ridiculous? The Bucs won ten games with mostly rookies and scotch tape. Their QB was a 22-year old playing his first full season. All three seventh round picks plus some UDFA rookies started throughout the season and they won ten games.

Chris Simms had thrown a quarter of the passes that Freeman had thrown prior to be thrust into the starting lineup in 2005 due to Griese's injury and the team finished 11-5 and won the NFC South.

Good counterpoint!    That 10-6 season was due mainly to the unbelievable luck of being able to grab Blount off the waiver wire from Tennessee.  There is no doubt in my mind that the 10-6 season would have never happened because the league was not prepared for the running game Blount provided nor were they prepared by  the success Williams brought the first year.   

However, One year of Game planning by the rest of the league and the wheels came off and the Morris/Dominik era showed how truly incompetent the whole organization had become.   I am still amazed at how horrible the Bucs were last season!!  A perfect example of what happens when the "INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM! " 

What is amazing is talent wise I don't believe the Bucs are that far off and with the moves they have made with the new organization that actually seems to know what they are doing I am very excited about the Bucs future.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#273 : May 29, 2012, 03:25:29 PM

Gruden wouldn't know a good draft if it body slammed him.
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools