Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 28, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

I regret that Gruden didn't pan out here longer term

They were fools to fire him when they did.    I can see firing Allen, but not Gruden.   Schiano is ok, but the Bucs still don't have a head coach as good as Gruden.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #31 : April 28, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »

Maybe i'm missing something so hopefully someone can enlighten me...... what do the lost picks have to do with the selections of Clayton, Carnell, Gaines, Sabatino, Ruud, Alex Smith, Stovall, Sears, Black, Dexter Jackson?? These guys were all high round busts!!!

Ruud was team MVP during a playoff year.    That is far from a bust.

Carnell contributed a lot.   He was not a bust.

Alex Smith was a pretty solid tight end.   he was not a bust.

Sears was playing at a pro bowl level his first year.    He ended up having a mental disorder - fluke.    I don't think that can be considered a bust.   Great pick actually given how he played year one.

Here are some busts though:   Roy Miller, Gerald McCoy, Arrelius Benn, Myron Lewis     (that's 4 guys in 2 years 2009 and 2010.   Its too early to say anything about the 2011 draft)

jlr0714

Starter
« #32 : April 28, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

Entirely premature to classify McCoy or Benn as busts.   

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 28, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

Maybe i'm missing something so hopefully someone can enlighten me...... what do the lost picks have to do with the selections of Clayton, Carnell, Gaines, Sabatino, Ruud, Alex Smith, Stovall, Sears, Black, Dexter Jackson?? These guys were all high round busts!!!

Sears was playing at a pro bowl level his first year.    He ended up having a mental disorder - fluke.    I don't think that can be considered a bust.   Great pick actually given how he played year one.

Here are some busts though:   Roy Miller, Gerald McCoy, Arrelius Benn, Myron Lewis     (that's 4 guys in 2 years 2009 and 2010.   Its too early to say anything about the 2011 draft)

Wow, are you really going to make me post 6 years worth of **CENSORED**ty draft picks under gruden?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 28, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »

The Gruden years had a lot of busts too.   But don't act like the current picks haven't sucked the last few years.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 28, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »

The Gruden years had a lot of busts too.   But don't act like the current picks haven't sucked the last few years.
The current picks never had real coaches, they had a **CENSORED**ing circus for a staff.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 28, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »

Had the Bucs not lost 2 first and 2 second round picks, they could have drafted:

Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Anquan Boldin, and Matt Schaub.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #37 : April 28, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »

I'll give you Sears because no one is to blame for mental illness, not even yours, but the rest of that nonsense you posted is just that..... nonsense. Carnell was not worthy of his lofty draft status and MIGHT be 3rd on someone's depth chart. Ruud has now become camp fodder for the Seahawks. Alex Smith, solid? Hilarious.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #38 : April 28, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

When BFT+C can post when a Gruden team lost 10 games in a row and finished with the worst defense in Buccaneer history you will have a point.

Since you can't your posts are nothing more than misinformed and angry fan drivel.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 28, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

When BFT+C can post when a Gruden team lost 10 games in a row and finished with the worst defense in Buccaneer history you will have a point.

Since you can't your posts are nothing more than misinformed and angry fan drivel.
There is a reason Gruden got fired.

We went from being the #1 Playoff seed in the NFC at 9-3 to losing 4 in a row and missing the playoffs. All of that started with us getting our asses handed to us by the Panthers on national TV.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 28, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »

oh God.... did u have to bring up that game? I vividly remember our "MVP" Ruud getting schooled all night long.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #41 : April 28, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

The 4 in a row were a direct cause of the defense checking out (or not being coached) when Monte used his workdays as a recruiter for the Vols.
The drafting wasn't great, agreed.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 28, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »

The 4 in a row were a direct cause of the defense checking out (or not being coached) when Monte used his workdays as a recruiter for the Vols.
The drafting wasn't great, agreed.
Sounds like a problem Gruden didn't handle. He's the head coach and Monte was still under contract, should have force him to do his job.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #43 : April 28, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »

OK whatever. He trusted an old friend to do his job as he had every day for his career.  And yes, old friend; they used to vacation together before JG ever ended up in TB.
 I'm guessing you've only HEARD of the old sombrero without actually sitting in it watching pure garbage play football.
Gruden's still the best coach TB has ever had.  Hardware, baby.
Hoping Schiano does even better.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 28, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »

OK whatever. He trusted an old friend to do his job as he had every day for his career.  And yes, old friend; they used to vacation together before JG ever ended up in TB.
 I'm guessing you've only HEARD of the old sombrero without actually sitting in it watching pure garbage play football.
Gruden's still the best coach TB has ever had.  Hardware, baby.
Hoping Schiano does even better.
Gruden was a great coach, for 2 years. As soon as he finished drinking all the Dungy juice, he was nothing but mediocre.
« : April 28, 2012, 01:35:24 PM BFT+C »
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools