Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IN THE FIFTH ROUND, BUCS SELECT WEST VIRGINIA LB NAJEE GOODE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

« #15 : April 28, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #16 : April 28, 2012, 02:20:34 PM »

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201204250169?page=2&build=cache

Nice article about him

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 28, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »

Awful Pick.

SO much talent on the board and we take this guy who will be lucky to make the roster.

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 28, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

Good intangibles; leader of the West Virginia defense.

This is something I'm already getting sick of if it's actually a high priority for our scouting/selection process and not just lip service. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #19 : April 28, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

Everything I can find on him says he is a stout run stuffer and good tackler, but horrible in coverage. Could be a potential replacement for Quincy Black since Sam comes off the field on passing downs. Maybe a Adam Hayward type dude to play special teams and add depth. He has started inside and outside.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/najee-goode?id=2533016
« : April 28, 2012, 02:22:58 PM JDouble »

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 28, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

Reach pick.  STs guy with ceiling of 2-down thumper at MIKE/SAM
He can cover well, from what I gather.  He does not have to come off the field, and he has drawn interest because of that.  I disagree...I think he can be a three down back, and it couldn't hurt to try and replace that horrible linebacker Quincy Black.

I also think his dad played in the NFL for a minute.

Not a bad pick.  Could be going corner here, or swing tackle, but like I siad, it wouldn;t suprise me one bit if all the picks were defensive. 

He might just be a ST/depth guy, but at the best he can push Black off the field.  And he has better agility than QB does.  Already.

But yeah, nothing to get too stoked about.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #21 : April 28, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

good project pick, not bad....now get TANK :3

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 28, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

Would not have taken in the 6th either tbh.  We passed on a few corners who would have a great chance to contribute immediately.  Damn, so much for best draft ever. 

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #23 : April 28, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »

Norman just went to the kittens...Doms first big blunder of the draft

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 28, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »

After what we've done so far in the draft I trust in Schiano and Dominik with this pick.

I dont get why we didnt draft why we didn't pick one of the corners who was there, but I trust them.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #25 : April 28, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

Everything I can find on him says he is a stout run stuffer and good tackler, but horrible in coverage. Could be a potential replacement for Quincy Black since Sam comes off the field on passing downs. Maybe a Adam Hayward type dude to play special teams and add depth. He has started inside and outside.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/najee-goode?id=2533016

Not according to this...

"The interest has been increasing over the last two weeks because I think teams are realizing - as a matter of fact, I know they're realizing - you don't have to take him off the field on third down," John said. "He covers real well. The Clemson (Orange Bowl) game, he shut down their tight end and it wasn't a fluke.

"He's got good hips and he fits the mold of some of the existing guys in the league right now. Once he gets to the next level and they coach him up, they'll see what he's really made of."

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

« #26 : April 28, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »

Josh Norman just came off the board to Carolina...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 28, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1152724-najee-goode-to-buccaneers-scouting-report-and-analysis

West Virginia’s Najee Goode is a versatile linebacker who will likely play inside at the next level. At 6’0” and 244 pounds, he bounced around between outside and inside ‘backer at college, but ultimately found most of his success manning the middle.

His best stats came in 2011 as he recorded 87 total tackles, including 14 tackles for loss. These numbers speak to one of Goode’s biggest strengths, which is filling the gaps and working inside the box. He added five sacks, one interception and one forced fumble as well, marking an altogether successful senior campaign.

Better suited against the run, Goode has underrated speed and unexpected burst. He ran a 4.64 40-yard dash at the combine and also posted a 35.5” vertical jump. Athletically, he’s capable of fitting both 4-3 and 3-4 teams as he is thickly built, dedicated to the weight room and is a strong tackler.

The reason Goode fits better inside is because he needs to improve against the pass. NFL.com notes how the compact ‘backer “works better in the box than he does in space,” as he can sometimes lose track of the ball when it’s in the air.

In addition, Goode can sometimes struggle to break free of blockers. CBSSports.com describes him as more of an effort and intensity player than one who has natural athleticism. His attitude didn’t go unnoticed at West Virginia, however, as he was the “unquestioned leader” of the defense.

Overall, Goode will likely begin as a two-down player in the NFL. He offers scheme versatility and is effective in the box. But he’ll need to continue improving in coverage.

During the offseason, WalterFootball pointed out that Goode “was solid at the East-West Shrine and the Combine.” Now that he’s begun to settle in at inside linebacker, there’s a good chance he can carry this momentum over into 2012.

After choosing Nebraska LB Lavonte David in the 2nd round, Tampa Bay looks to seriously bulk up the middle of the field by selecting Goode.  With time, he'll improve against the pass as Tampa looks to shake up the NFC South. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #28 : April 28, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »

Would not have taken in the 6th either tbh.  We passed on a few corners who would have a great chance to contribute immediately.  Damn, so much for best draft ever.

We have three immediate starters. We could give the rest of our picks away and this would still be a great draft. Also, just cause he doesn't have a name that we all recognize, doesn't mean he sucks. Calm down.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #29 : April 28, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »

If we were going to flush a pick down the toilet then why not draft Tommy Streeter? I mean seriously this was a MAJOR reach for Goode

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IN THE FIFTH ROUND, BUCS SELECT WEST VIRGINIA LB NAJEE GOODE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools