Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IN THE FIFTH ROUND, BUCS SELECT WEST VIRGINIA LB NAJEE GOODE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 28, 2012, 02:27:33 PM

From a paper in Charleston:

Goode redshirted in 2007, but earned his scholarship after the season. He had different jobs through the years and fit in different packages and special situations. He could rush the passer on the defensive line. He could drop back in coverage. He learned all three linebacker positions and could play, or start, wherever and whenever he was needed...

"The interest has been increasing over the last two weeks because I think teams are realizing - as a matter of fact, I know they're realizing - you don't have to take him off the field on third down," John said. "He covers real well. The Clemson (Orange Bowl) game, he shut down their tight end and it wasn't a fluke.

"He's got good hips and he fits the mold of some of the existing guys in the league right now. Once he gets to the next level and they coach him up, they'll see what he's really made of."

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 28, 2012, 02:27:51 PM

Camp body only guys... Not a good pick. He shouldn't bother renting an apartment. I hope he finds a sofa to sleep on so when he get's cut in August he can go right back to West Virginia.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 28, 2012, 02:28:33 PM

It's a 5th round draft pick people...

Chill.

Jesus.

lol

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#33 : April 28, 2012, 02:28:46 PM

Don't get this one....

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#34 : April 28, 2012, 02:29:38 PM

Would've liked Sanders to push Trueblood, but not the worst pick we could've made.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 28, 2012, 02:29:55 PM

Schiano coached against him so he knows what kind of player he is. I'm going with his judgment bcuz Lord knows our linebackers were horrible last year.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 28, 2012, 02:30:29 PM

It'll be a solid pick if he can provide depth and stay on the team. Dom's late round history after 4 is dreaded save Cody Grimm.

For now, he is a body to compete against Foster, Black, Watson, and Hayward. Najee can play inside if Foster goes down. But, I definitely see it going David-Foster-Watson opening day. Wouldn't count out on Najee playing SAM either.

Buc45

Starter
#37 : April 28, 2012, 02:30:39 PM

Everything I can find on him says he is a stout run stuffer and good tackler, but horrible in coverage. Could be a potential replacement for Quincy Black since Sam comes off the field on passing downs. Maybe a Adam Hayward type dude to play special teams and add depth. He has started inside and outside.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/najee-goode?id=2533016

Not according to this...

"The interest has been increasing over the last two weeks because I think teams are realizing - as a matter of fact, I know they're realizing - you don't have to take him off the field on third down," John said. "He covers real well. The Clemson (Orange Bowl) game, he shut down their tight end and it wasn't a fluke.

"He's got good hips and he fits the mold of some of the existing guys in the league right now. Once he gets to the next level and they coach him up, they'll see what he's really made of."

Interesting...during his Pro Day he was asked by scouts to run defensive back drills...Not that he is going to play defensive back but I think they wanted to see his footwork, hips, etc...He said that he was surprised at the drills he was asked to do...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 28, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

I swear, does DOm fall asleep on the third day?

I would have taken the tackle from FLA St., or ANY cornerback, but anything to push QB a bit, and to add depth to a thin rank.

But still, nothing has been done about the corners.  Dom needs to draft a CB with the next pick, no matter what.  It is absurd to roll with the guys we have right now.  ABSURD.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 28, 2012, 02:30:51 PM

As long as we still get Martinek I'll be happy with the late rounds.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 28, 2012, 02:30:52 PM

Chill.

Jesus.

lol

This times a million

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 28, 2012, 02:31:01 PM

Chill.

Jesus.

lol
Sometimes the 4-6 rounders are the real steals of the draft...there are some really good players still on the board when the Bucs picked this pick

Josh Norman being one of them

They could have got Goode in the seventh round

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 28, 2012, 02:31:18 PM

Josh Norman just came off the board to Carolina...

Would have rather Norman.  But, I am not gonna worry about a 5th rounder. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 28, 2012, 02:32:11 PM

First team All Big East.  Schiano is VERY familiar with him.  He needs to look at the bigger picture though...but as long as it is defense, I am semi-sold.

Keep adding to the defense, and I am happy...maybe irritated by the lack of CB depth, but we are swimming in the right direction, and less upstream now.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 28, 2012, 02:32:48 PM

We have three immediate starters. We could give the rest of our picks away and this would still be a great draft. Also, just cause he doesn't have a name that we all recognize, doesn't mean he sucks. Calm down.

I'm calm.  Bad pick imo.  We'll check back in a couple years.  Or maybe not even have to wait that long.  If he can't bump a lb off our roster in camp and ends up on the ps, I'll take that as a prety good indication of his future. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IN THE FIFTH ROUND, BUCS SELECT WEST VIRGINIA LB NAJEE GOODE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools