Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2012 UDFA Tracker/ Discussion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 28, 2012, 08:10:54 PM

Shoot. Donkies signed Ihenacho. I hate having to root against him.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#31 : April 28, 2012, 08:11:33 PM

anyone know much on Thomas?

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 28, 2012, 08:11:50 PM

Chris Owusu, WR ran 4.36 with a 40in vertical

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 28, 2012, 08:11:59 PM

Mike Loyko‏@NFLDraftXpertReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

RT @Straitcrazy95: RT @JeffMoore_81: Congrats to Vandy for signing with the TB Buccaneers!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 28, 2012, 08:12:12 PM

Minnifield, Martinek, Rainey, and Fletcher.
Rainey was drafted.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 28, 2012, 08:13:17 PM

Joe Martinek signed with the Giants.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 28, 2012, 08:14:00 PM

Minnifield, Martinek, Rainey, and Fletcher.
Rainey was drafted.

Bobby Rainey not Chris Rainey.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#37 : April 28, 2012, 08:14:07 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=37589

A solidly built free safety prospect who isn't afraid to mix it up and attack the run game downhill. However, struggles to set the edge, lacks balance into contact and can routinely be blown out of plays. Will run the alley inside and is a solid wrap-up guy in tighter quarters. However, isn't a real consistent open field tackler and will struggle to bring down backs in space and doesn't take the best of angles in pursuit in any areas of the game. Plays out of control at times and will whiff on his fair share of tackles.

Isn't as instinctive as you would like at the free safety position. Gets caught with his eyes in the backfield, will bite on play fakes and take himself out of plays. However, displays natural movement skills. Sits into his drop well, keeps his feet under him and looks balanced out of his breaks. Generates a burst when asked to click and close on throws in front of him and displays the ball skills/coordination to adjust and come down with the grab. Runs well for the position in the secondary, plays fast and has good enough speed to play in the deep half. Gets a bit upright and leggy when asked to turn and run in man coverage. However, does well in off man, staying patient in his drop, reading the route and calmly opening up his hips and re-directing.

Impression: An NFL caliber athlete who struggles with instincts at times and isn't a real consistent tackler. Nothing more than a later round pick because of it at this stage.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#38 : April 28, 2012, 08:14:27 PM

Oh well.

stormsct

Starter

#39 : April 28, 2012, 08:15:02 PM

That was one guy I thought would sign with the Bucs. Oh well.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#40 : April 28, 2012, 08:15:44 PM

Joe Martinek‏@JMartJr

Looks like I'll be staying home and playing for the defending super bowl champs! #giants

3m Joe Martinek‏@JMartJr

Love all the support from Tampa! But....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 28, 2012, 08:16:04 PM

Maybe Martinek will find his way here eventually like Blount did. Not giving up hope. I think that kid is great.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#42 : April 28, 2012, 08:16:33 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=37589

A solidly built free safety prospect who isn't afraid to mix it up and attack the run game downhill. However, struggles to set the edge, lacks balance into contact and can routinely be blown out of plays. Will run the alley inside and is a solid wrap-up guy in tighter quarters. However, isn't a real consistent open field tackler and will struggle to bring down backs in space and doesn't take the best of angles in pursuit in any areas of the game. Plays out of control at times and will whiff on his fair share of tackles.

Isn't as instinctive as you would like at the free safety position. Gets caught with his eyes in the backfield, will bite on play fakes and take himself out of plays. However, displays natural movement skills. Sits into his drop well, keeps his feet under him and looks balanced out of his breaks. Generates a burst when asked to click and close on throws in front of him and displays the ball skills/coordination to adjust and come down with the grab. Runs well for the position in the secondary, plays fast and has good enough speed to play in the deep half. Gets a bit upright and leggy when asked to turn and run in man coverage. However, does well in off man, staying patient in his drop, reading the route and calmly opening up his hips and re-directing.

Impression: An NFL caliber athlete who struggles with instincts at times and isn't a real consistent tackler. Nothing more than a later round pick because of it at this stage.

Thanks timbuc!

I like the athletic part... but "stuggles with instincts" isn't so good, that's hard to teach.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

Supreme

Starter

#43 : April 28, 2012, 08:17:52 PM

Like the Johnson signing?

Nice! I was surprised he went undrafted.

The Freeman

Starter

#44 : April 28, 2012, 08:18:20 PM

Martinek vs Hynoski?
: April 28, 2012, 08:20:04 PM The Freeman
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2012 UDFA Tracker/ Discussion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools