Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#135 : May 01, 2012, 08:53:30 PM

Bucs could be in worse hands. We could have Jeff Ireland as our GM.

To each his own.  I'm not one way or the other on Ireland, but a lot of Fish fans I know are fine with him.

Really?

Exactly. Irelands handling of the interview with Antonio Bryant has hurt him and i think a lot players hold it against him. How else do you explain all the players that refuse sign down there

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#136 : May 02, 2012, 10:14:07 AM

The fans hate Ireland. This is what he's done since he's been in Miami:

* Draft Jake Long and Chad Henne over Matt Ryan and any other player in the 2nd round.
* Use 2nd round pick on Pat White.
* Trade two 2nd round picks for Brandon Marshall, give him a $50 million contract, then trade him after two years for two 3rd rounds picks.
* Participate in failed courtship of Jim Harbaugh and completely undermine sitting coach Tony Sparano. Then give Sparano a new contract.
* Only draft one Pro Bowl player in four years.
* In four years already have five 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks that aren't with the team anymore.

All that and the team he's built has won 11, 7, 7, & 6 games while the teams that Dominik built has won 3, 10, & 4.  Take away Ireland's 11 team and he built a team that has won 20 games compared to Dominik's 17.  Look, I'm not saying the guy is great or anything... I don't follow the Dolphin's one bit, but the handful of Fish fans up here that I know, don't really have a problem with him other than the QB situation.  Also, being in the northest, the Dolphin's fans up here are happy to have "Jake Long and Chad Henne over Matt Ryan and any other player in the 2nd round" because they don't like Ryan and think he's overrated.  I can't disagree with that sentiment.

From what I heard, Sparano wanted White to run the Wildcat... Ireland gave him the player he wanted.

I see no issues with either Marshall deal.  It was a high risk / high reward situation... it didn't pan out as far as the long term end, but in the 2 years there, his on the field play was there.

I never followed the Harbaugh / Sparano situation... I didn't care enough.

"* Only draft one Pro Bowl player in four years."  That's only 1 less than the Packers...

From 2000-2004 (5 drafts), the Patriots had a total of 8 players play for them for more than 4 years.  TOTAL.  It's all about the quarterback.  You have one, you win... you don't have one, you lose.  I think it's pretty impressive that Ireland has managed to build a team that has won an average of 7+ games a season without having a quality QB.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#137 : May 02, 2012, 10:25:31 AM

* Draft Jake Long and Chad Henne over Matt Ryan and any other player in the 2nd round.
* Trade two 2nd round picks for Brandon Marshall, give him a $50 million contract, then trade him after two years for two 3rd rounds picks.
* Participate in failed courtship of Jim Harbaugh and completely undermine sitting coach Tony Sparano. Then give Sparano a new contract.
* In four years already have five 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks that aren't with the team anymore.

All that and the team he's built has won 11, 7, 7, & 6 games while the teams that Dominik built has won 3, 10, & 4.  Take away Ireland's 11 team and he built a team that has won 20 games compared to Dominik's 17.  Look, I'm not saying the guy is great or anything... I don't follow the Dolphin's one bit, but the handful of Fish fans up here that I know, don't really have a problem with him other than the QB situation.  Also, being in the northest, the Dolphin's fans up here are happy to have "Jake Long and Chad Henne over Matt Ryan and any other player in the 2nd round" because they don't like Ryan and think he's overrated.  I can't disagree with that sentiment.

From what I heard, Sparano wanted White to run the Wildcat... Ireland gave him the player he wanted.

I see no issues with either Marshall deal.  It was a high risk / high reward situation... it didn't pan out as far as the long term end, but in the 2 years there, his on the field play was there.

"* Only draft one Pro Bowl player in four years."  That's only 1 less than the Packers...

From 2000-2004 (5 drafts), the Patriots had a total of 8 players play for them for more than 4 years.  TOTAL.  It's all about the quarterback.  You have one, you win... you don't have one, you lose.  I think it's pretty impressive that Ireland has managed to build a team that has won an average of 7+ games a season without having a quality QB.

This is why these discussions are useless, posters never admit to being wrong. You are now defending Ireland, but that was not the issue. The issue was your comment that Dolphins fans were not unhappy with Ireland. That comment was wrong as shown by FRG and me and others, so just say "oops did realize that and move on.

As for the actual comparison it just come down to perspective. Many phish fans think their franchise is currently in a nose dive. Some Bucs fans may feel the same way, but there are others that see the Bucs as headed in the right direction.  No one knows who is right or wrong. This season will be telling

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#138 : May 02, 2012, 10:26:35 AM

Everyone on here would be killing Dominik if he did any of those things. Matt Ryan's team is 43-21 while over that same period the Dolphins are 31-33. Because of Ireland, Dolphins fans have spent 4 years watching Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Tyler Thigpen, and Matt Moore play with a brand new QB coming in for year five.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#139 : May 02, 2012, 12:12:07 PM

This is why these discussions are useless, posters never admit to being wrong. You are now defending Ireland, but that was not the issue. The issue was your comment that Dolphins fans were not unhappy with Ireland. That comment was wrong as shown by FRG and me and others, so just say "oops did realize that and move on.

As for the actual comparison it just come down to perspective. Many phish fans think their franchise is currently in a nose dive. Some Bucs fans may feel the same way, but there are others that see the Bucs as headed in the right direction.  No one knows who is right or wrong. This season will be telling

I'm not defending him. I just don't see why there'd be any real justifiable hatred towards the guy.  It also lends me to believe that the haters are the vocal minority.
: May 02, 2012, 12:19:12 PM TBayXXXVII

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#140 : May 02, 2012, 12:13:21 PM

Everyone on here would be killing Dominik if he did any of those things. Matt Ryan's team is 43-21 while over that same period the Dolphins are 31-33. Because of Ireland, Dolphins fans have spent 4 years watching Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Tyler Thigpen, and Matt Moore play with a brand new QB coming in for year five.

I wouldn't.  I don't like Matt Ryan.  I think he's overrated and a mediocre QB.  I've said many times that I don't trust Freeman... yet, I'm happier that I have Freeman than Ryan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#141 : May 02, 2012, 01:45:34 PM

.... fans have spent 4 years watching Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Tyler Thigpen, and Matt Moore play with a brand new QB coming in for year five.

IN Bucworld...   this comment made me shivver...

Freeman. Don't. screw. this. up.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#142 : May 02, 2012, 02:01:53 PM

This underlines why 2012 is so important for Freeman. Really don't want to be on the QB merry go round again.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#143 : May 02, 2012, 03:09:39 PM

This underlines why 2012 is so important for Freeman. Really don't want to be on the QB merry go round again.
Yup.  This year is a very firm measuring stick on what we have at the QB position.

But, we have to realize when he was drafted he was wrongfully stripped of nsaps in preseason and TC.  For guys like Byron Leftwich and Luke McCown.  And then the Bucs get rid of McCown after taking up all those snaps soon after the bullets started flying.

And then year 3 rolls around, and he has to organize a bunch of players to attend voluntary workouts at the Academy.

He really hasn't had the regular routine that would help settle his stomach for the game. 

And let us not even mention Olsons ideations about offense...three guys run to one spot, and you all just go up and get it!

Tragic.

But this is it with Free, IMO.  Regardless of age, he needs to step it up.  Otherwise, he is who he is.  Replaceable.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#144 : May 02, 2012, 05:38:45 PM

Freeman will be just fine. I'm not concerned about him at all. In 2010 he won 10 games with rookie receivers and rookie backups in the OL. Looking back, the coaching is questionable as well, since that has also been blamed for the collapse of 2011. With more weapons, better protection, and solid coaching, he has to be better than last year. He's in better shape already, and his work ethic has never been questioned. One thing we will always have to thank Raheem for, is Josh Freeman, our franchise QB.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#145 : May 02, 2012, 06:11:08 PM

Freeman will be just fine. I'm not concerned about him at all. In 2010 he won 10 games with rookie receivers and rookie backups in the OL. Looking back, the coaching is questionable as well, since that has also been blamed for the collapse of 2011. With more weapons, better protection, and solid coaching, he has to be better than last year. He's in better shape already, and his work ethic has never been questioned. One thing we will always have to thank Raheem for, is Josh Freeman, our franchise QB.

He threw a bunch of first down interceptions. That's called pressing. Hardly surprising under circumstances. Should be corrected with better team ( players, coaches, scheme, running game). 

He should do well. Isn't he in a contract year too?  Could be wrong

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#146 : May 02, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

Freeman needs to work on his delivery and his accuracy. Big time.

He seems to throw a lot of passes that receivers have to gather in, rather than catching in stride.

Lot of work to do. Fingers crossed.

Watching Free in the RZ is always nerve wracking as well. That has been over three years. Fingers firmly crossed!!

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools