Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

chetthevette

Practice Squad

#15 : April 29, 2012, 12:02:04 PM

Blaze688, good info man. I knew about Eric Berrry and Sean Taylor but I thought Polamalu was a second pick. Thanks for clarifing it up. Would it not be fantanstic if Barron came close to being as good as Polamalu.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2012, 12:26:50 PM

I hope the negativity about Dominik ends now/ What a great offseason from the coaching hire to free agency and now a great draft. He has done a fantastic job

I disagree with your assessment of "a great offseason...".  I thought he should have been fired since last January and have seen absolutely nothing in the last 16 months that makes me change my mind.  He's terrible at his job and the sooner he is fired, the faster we can get a more competent GM in here.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2012, 12:44:57 PM

What a breath of fresh air this guy has been since the departure of Bruce Allen. This team has never been younger or more promising in the history of the franchise. Every GM makes mistakes, and he's had a few, but the future has never looked better.

Damn, just how many chickens did you count while we're waiting for the eggs to hatch? Do you think that maybe we should finish in the top half of a four team division at least once before you elect Dom to the HOF?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2012, 12:49:20 PM

I personally think Dom has done excellent and never really understood why people have bashed him. i understand the bashing of Morris and Olson but Dom not so much. IMO this team is really talented and IF Freeman is the real deal then we are going to have a scary team for years to come. I think Freeman has the leadership qualities but still question his skills at the QB position sometimes.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 29, 2012, 12:58:51 PM

I agree with lazoran about Dominik. I think he has done an excellent job and even the mistakes he has made (Clayton) have been corrected quickly. The players that were re-signed that everyone hates, like Quincy Black, were done so in a manner that allowed the Bucs to cut bait after a short trial period.

I think everything Dominik did the previous few seasons was under a low-cost structure mandated by those above him and he wisely set up the deals to be wiped clean from existence when the young players that were so promising in 2010 would be coming up on new deals. I believe that the Glazers realized they needed to re-engage the fans and removed the financial shackles from Dominik this offseason and he proved further value by landing big free agents.

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue against what Dominik did in the draft this past weekend.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 29, 2012, 03:53:06 PM

I personally think Dom has done excellent and never really understood why people have bashed him. i understand the bashing of Morris and Olson but Dom not so much. IMO this team is really talented and IF Freeman is the real deal then we are going to have a scary team for years to come. I think Freeman has the leadership qualities but still question his skills at the QB position sometimes.

Here's a short list of reasons.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1293532.msg1634743.html#msg1634743

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 29, 2012, 04:54:44 PM

I hope the negativity about Dominik ends now/ What a great offseason from the coaching hire to free agency and now a great draft. He has done a fantastic job

I disagree with your assessment of "a great offseason...".  I thought he should have been fired since last January and have seen absolutely nothing in the last 16 months that makes me change my mind.  He's terrible at his job and the sooner he is fired, the faster we can get a more competent GM in here.

You obviously have an agenda against Dominik that bears no relationship to the moves he has made to improve this franchise.
What a breath of fresh air this guy has been since the departure of Bruce Allen. This team has never been younger or more promising in the history of the franchise. Every GM makes mistakes, and he's had a few, but the future has never looked better.

Damn, just how many chickens did you count while we're waiting for the eggs to hatch? Do you think that maybe we should finish in the top half of a four team division at least once before you elect Dom to the HOF?

The man was forced to start from scratch since Allen's legacy was a ton of cap space. You could count the players worth keeping on one hand and not need the thumb. The team missed the playoffs in his second season due to poor officiating and tanked last year due to poor coaching (according to you and others on this board). Allen's teams had little talent and no future. Dominik's team has both talent and a future. Nobody here is electing Dominik to the HOF since his career as a GM is just getting started. I do like his chances better than Bruce Allen's, even though his daddy was never a HC in the NFL Dominik is building a new dynasty in Tampa Bay. I am confident this franchise is on the rise. I never felt that when Allen was here. Too many temporary fixes and not enough building for the future.

Hold an egg up to the light and you can see what is developing. Not all will hatch, but at least they won't die of old age.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 29, 2012, 05:13:01 PM

"This team has never been younger or more promising in the history of the franchise. "   Huh?   Seriously?  Like was said above, how about we actually do something before we anoint the greatness that is Dominik.   He was responsible for that poor coaching and I don't want to hear about poor officiating when one of the softest schedules ever was a major factor in the teams winning record to begin with.

Love the offseason and I didn't have a major problem with Dom sticking around, but let's see how everything plays out.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2012, 07:37:53 PM

Dom is going to be a great GM. I said this in his first season as GM.

While a lot of people whined and complained about him being promoted, I went and met the guy. He's always thinking of ways to improve the team, genuinely loves tampa, and is a good hearted person. The Glazers did the right thing by hiring him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 29, 2012, 07:55:02 PM

"This team has never been younger or more promising in the history of the franchise. "   Huh?   Seriously?  Like was said above, how about we actually do something before we anoint the greatness that is Dominik.   He was responsible for that poor coaching and I don't want to hear about poor officiating when one of the softest schedules ever was a major factor in the teams winning record to begin with.

Love the offseason and I didn't have a major problem with Dom sticking around, but let's see how everything plays out.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Gruden's/Allen's teams had NO potential for the future. They were saddled with too many players long past their prime. Every draft Dominik has had, has been received well by the "experts" and the majority of the fans. Gruden was right when he said the future is so bright for the Bucs after the SB. He was just wrong about the time frame and his involvement. Dominik and Raheem got the team headed in the right direction. Dominik and Schiano will take it much farther. I am not alone in that opinion. I believe most of the fans on this board expect the Bucs to make us proud, and soon. The trolls won't be a happy bunch and I'm fine with that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 29, 2012, 07:56:27 PM

Dom did well in this draft.  One thing about Dom is that he targets perceived areas of weakness, and gets really sexy picks at those positions.  I have always gave him props for that.

But he is terrible in resigning guys, and his FA activity has been hit and miss.  K2 was a great pickup, IMO.  And signing Nicks and Jackson was stellar, but perhaps the Glazers were hamstringing him.  Not sure.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#26 : April 29, 2012, 08:47:46 PM

If Freeman has a 2010 like season Dom will be seen as a genius. It's all on Freeman now.

It helps that he doesn't have to win the game all by himself. He has tools to work with (V-Jackson, Martin) and protection (Nicks).

Can't blame Freeman on those 40+ point games given by that Swiss cheese defense, either.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 29, 2012, 10:05:06 PM

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Gruden's/Allen's teams had NO potential for the future. They were saddled with too many players long past their prime. Every draft Dominik has had, has been received well by the "experts" and the majority of the fans. Gruden was right when he said the future is so bright for the Bucs after the SB. He was just wrong about the time frame and his involvement. Dominik and Raheem got the team headed in the right direction. Dominik and Schiano will take it much farther. I am not alone in that opinion. I believe most of the fans on this board expect the Bucs to make us proud, and soon. The trolls won't be a happy bunch and I'm fine with that.

Morris may have been the worst HC in this team's history and that's saying something with names like Bennett, Perkins, and Williamson out there, but that's beside the point.   I think guys like Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber, Abraham, Alstot, Dunn, etc. may have something to say about this franchise never being younger and more promising, but that's just my opinion I guess.   Gruden/Allen's Bucs closed with 3 out of 4 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances (would have been 3 if the DC didn't quit on the team in the middle of the season ..... we can all make excuses for why a team falls short of the playoffs).

I expect the Bucs to make us proud every season regardless of who the GM and HC is.   Don't care too much about the "trolls".

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#28 : April 29, 2012, 10:31:09 PM

Does anyone think dom resigns Clayton or Black if Shiano was the coach.  Dom Is accountable! But do not underestimate the role of a coach in resigning players.  I think Dom has done a great job and he seems to learn from his mistakes.  McCoy was not injured a bunch before we drafted him and he has the talent.  Free is the best Qb here since Steve Young.   I am excited about the first several players in this draft and a lot of Dom's late rounders become contributors.  Watch out for the kid from Utah state. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 29, 2012, 10:48:52 PM

It's amazing to me how many people just can't let their bitterness towards Gruden and Allen go and use even a time of optimism to piss on the old regime.
Forget the fact that they don't really understand the dynamics involved and simply buy into the lazy answer. Did Allen and Gruden draft poorly? Yes. But were they in a bad cap situation of someone else's making? Absolutely.
Beyond that, you only have to look at the current Phillies in baseball to understand how teams get old, get in trouble and then tail off. When you get locked into too many deals that aren't team friendly, you get in trouble. The Bucs had too many backloaded deals and then started drafting for need too much over BPA. It began with deals like the Keyshawn deal and the Kenyatta trade and Allen and Gruden never broke the bad habit. A few bad FA moves and you have failure. You think Gruden only wanted to play old players? He had too many gaps to fill in part because McKay's last few drafts were awful. And of course came the four high picks we gave away to get Gruden. Excuses? OK.
But none of that matters now. The current Bucs have yet to prove anything, but as a fan I hope they do infinitely more than ANY of our previous regimes. But remember 1979? We had more great players then than now. What happened? How could someone be dumb enough not to keep Doug Williams or unlucky enough to have what happened to Ricky Bell? Lee Roy Selmon got hurt in a Pro Bowl! Etc. etc.
Bottom line is I'm not sure why you want people to feel bad about Gruden and Allen NOW. I defend Gruden over 2002 and 2005 and even 2007 to a degree, but I really hope Schiano wins more. Will he? Maybe, maybe not. But if he doesn't, I won't say 'Yay, he didn't equal Gruden's record.' And you shouldn't want any other Bucs fan to be unhappy either. Time to pull together. Lord knows none of the other 31 teams will be pulling for us.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools