Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

: April 29, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

It's funny how everywhere I read they say Martin is an instant starter. If I were Blount I would take this as a challenge and say hey, Iv'e got something to say about this and Martin will have to beat me out. Remember everyone, Blount has not had a full camp with the Bucs so he had to step in and learn on the fly. This will be his first chance to bear down and learn and we have the coaching staff to help him. Blount is not incapable of blocking or catching out of the backfield. All he has to do is apply himself and that is the key. Blount and Martin will make a great 1-2 punch. Can't wait for the season!

traew01

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 29, 2012, 02:35:24 PM

I think they will use them much like the Giants used Bradshaw and Jacobs. They both will have big roles. A really strong tandem for sure.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2012, 02:35:42 PM

Maybe Blount will beat him unconscious at the back of OBP and take the job all for himself?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : April 29, 2012, 02:44:57 PM

Blount keeps fumbling, he may find himself unemployed.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2012, 02:46:15 PM

I don't think there will be any surefire starter right away.  Maybe for the strict purpose of having to put out a depth chart on the website. 

As most know, it's a two-back league and has been for several years now.  I think we'll see them both on the field at the same time quite often.

I do think that Martin will eventually be the go to guy and the guy that is trusted the most in crunch time.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2012, 02:46:37 PM

I'd like to see them used like Carolina uses their RBs, as a true committee. Just pound the will to live out of the other team and reduce the wear and tear on either guy.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2012, 02:46:43 PM

"starter" isn't important

Doug Martin will get more touches simply because he's available on 3rd down.

That said, Blount is a very good runner, so its not exactly a problem lol

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2012, 02:47:36 PM

They should have signed Hillis. 

But since they didn't, it's lucky they drafted Martin.

Blount ain't got what it takes to get the job done.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2012, 02:49:22 PM

I'd like to see them used like Carolina uses their RBs, as a true committee. Just pound the will to live out of the other team and reduce the wear and tear on either guy.
x2

could come close to two 1,000 yard RBs if used that way. Carolina had a 3 man committee with Cam Newton taking 1/3 of the carries and their RB still had 800 yards a piece

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#9 : April 29, 2012, 02:53:41 PM

I don't think there will be any surefire starter right away.  Maybe for the strict purpose of having to put out a depth chart on the website. 

As most know, it's a two-back league and has been for several years now.  I think we'll see them both on the field at the same time quite often.

I do think that Martin will eventually be the go to guy and the guy that is trusted the most in crunch time.
I don't think Blount is a fumbler. The problem was no one could hold onto the ball last year. The team was in complete disarray. When a team goes down hill,  turning the ball over is contagious and everyone is accountable. Everyone who touched the ball fumbled it last year. Blount is not the sole one to blame.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2012, 02:55:00 PM

The only issue I have with Martin is the wear and tear hes taken.

600+ carries in college? That has to have taken a toll right?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 29, 2012, 02:57:25 PM

It's funny how everywhere I read they say Martin is an instant starter. If I were Blount I would take this as a challenge and say hey, Iv'e got something to say about this and Martin will have to beat me out. Remember everyone, Blount has not had a full camp with the Bucs so he had to step in and learn on the fly. This will be his first chance to bear down and learn and we have the coaching staff to help him. Blount is not incapable of blocking or catching out of the backfield. All he has to do is apply himself and that is the key. Blount and Martin will make a great 1-2 punch. Can't wait for the season!

From most reports that are put out about Blount  the big issue with him is he doesn't apply himself.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 29, 2012, 02:57:30 PM

I don't think Blount is a fumbler.

uh huh

flaitguy

Starter
#13 : April 29, 2012, 03:02:02 PM

As i remeber blounts ypc wentup after 20 carries. I expect both to be the sameway.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#14 : April 29, 2012, 03:03:07 PM

From most reports that are put out about Blount  the big issue with him is he doesn't apply himself.
That's where the new staff comes in. Raheem and company came off with a less than serious approach and in trickled down to the players. This new staff is all about being accountable and Blount sees that. He will have a big year IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools