Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#15 : April 29, 2012, 03:07:24 PM

I don't think Blount is a fumbler.

uh huh

Did you not read my whole post? During the 10-6 season, how many times did the Blount fumble? Last season was a train wreck and everyone fumbled. This team will not turn the ball over near as much.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#16 : April 29, 2012, 03:08:04 PM

Love to watch Blount run when he is north south.  Umfortunately, he liked,to take baby steps or run east  west too much.  Looking forward to Martin!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2012, 03:09:20 PM

Blount gets the start. Obviously.

Baring some "gangster-like" situation (see his college days) or injury, he earned his spot before Schiano was hired and should start. Especially if we're going by his own methodology. An honestly, who knows? Maybe Schiano and Sullivan can teach him to be an all-around RB? It's not completely impossible. Olson was a terrible playcaller/oc, and really, whether we were down or not, he should've given him the pill more often. Not to mention, Blount has more experience behind the line. I think that would be an advantage that should work in his favor, at least in the first part of the season.

Now, if they drafted TR, that would've been different. Too high of a pick not to start, and maybe a situation where the hype beats out better-than-average player. With Martin they can wait for awhile, get him used to the system and surrounding cast. An IF he pans out a better back for one reason or another, let him start. Blount will start, but make no mistake, they're going to use Muscle hamster.

...and they don't want us to use our muscle hamster  ;)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#18 : April 29, 2012, 03:09:42 PM

Well, we all know how Blount likes to knock out Boise State players...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 29, 2012, 03:12:23 PM

Well, we all know how Blount likes to knock out Boise State players...

..I don't think Blount could take him. Probably a good fight though.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 29, 2012, 03:23:00 PM

Blount will most likely retain the "starter" label, but it doesn't really matter. It's pretty clear Martin and Blount will work as a tandem sharing touches about 50/50 just like Bradshaw and Jacobs did for the last five years for the Giants.

As far as Blount not applying himself, only report I've seen that claimed that is the nonsense from Charlie over at WalterFootball that claimed Mike Williams and Blount were lazy....from an unnamed source of course. News flash: The entire roster got lazy last year. This will be Blount's first full offseason and first time with a real RB coach. If he doesn't show vast improvement as an all around back this year, then fine, but this rampant unfounded hate for Blount is driving be insane. Everywhere I look there is negative comments about this guy even though he has been nothing but great for us. Even if Blount remains a one dimensional runner for his entire career, he is still an amazing runner. I go back to the Bradshaw and Jacobs comparison and point out that after 6 years Brandon Jacobs is still way more one dimensional than Blount is after just 2 years....and they have figured out ways to use Jacobs quite well. People need to get off the guys freaking back and be thankful that we have such an amazing talent on our roster.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2012, 03:25:39 PM

Blount will most likely retain the "starter" label, but it doesn't really matter. It's pretty clear Martin and Blount will work as a tandem sharing touches about 50/50 just like Bradshaw and Jacobs did for the last five years for the Giants.

As far as Blount not applying himself, only report I've seen that claimed that is the nonsense from Charlie over at WalterFootball that claimed Mike Williams and Blount were lazy....from an unnamed source of course. News flash: The entire roster got lazy last year. This will be Blount's first full offseason and first time with a real RB coach. If he doesn't show vast improvement as an all around back this year, then fine, but this rampant unfounded hate for Blount is driving be insane. Everywhere I look there is negative comments about this guy even though he has been nothing but great for us. Even if Blount remains a one dimensional runner for his entire career, he is still an amazing runner. I go back to the Bradshaw and Jacobs comparison and point out that after 6 years Brandon Jacobs is still way more one dimensional than Blount is after just 2 years....and they have figured out ways to use Jacobs quite well. People need to get off the guys freaking back and be thankful that we have such an amazing talent on our roster.
Newsflash: DOUG MARTIN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BLOUNT

In every aspect.

GO BUCS #22

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 29, 2012, 03:26:50 PM

I'm the biggest Martin fan here Det, but he hasn't had a single carry in the NFL yet.....so no, he isn't.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2012, 03:27:41 PM

Doug Martin will lead the team in rushing yards, td's, and have more receptions than Blount. I'm 99% sure of.

Martin is a lock for a 1,200+ yard season barring injury

Blount will accumulate roughly 858 yards and have a high YPC that sits north of 5 but Martin will get more carries.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 29, 2012, 03:29:35 PM

BEAST MODE

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 29, 2012, 03:30:22 PM

It's funny how everywhere I read they say Martin is an instant starter.

Where?

Martin is not a lock to start, nor should he be. Competition makes every better.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 29, 2012, 03:32:58 PM

It's funny how everywhere I read they say Martin is an instant starter. If I were Blount I would take this as a challenge and say hey, Iv'e got something to say about this and Martin will have to beat me out. Remember everyone, Blount has not had a full camp with the Bucs so he had to step in and learn on the fly. This will be his first chance to bear down and learn and we have the coaching staff to help him. Blount is not incapable of blocking or catching out of the backfield. All he has to do is apply himself and that is the key. Blount and Martin will make a great 1-2 punch. Can't wait for the season!

Starter is meaningless. Martin isn't gonna get 290 carries or anything. I'd expect him to get more carries than Blount but to see an RBBC type thing happening.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 29, 2012, 03:36:05 PM

I think they both get 1000+ yards rushing this season. The difference will be in receiving yards.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2012, 03:40:09 PM

I think they both get 1000+ yards rushing this season. The difference will be in receiving yards.
Your not a loyal Doug Martin fan bro. Martin is top 10 RB material.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 29, 2012, 03:42:32 PM

Your not a loyal Doug Martin fan bro.

Your right. Obviously since I won't **CENSORED** on Blount, I can't support Martin. It has to be one or the other.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools