Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 29, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

Jdub SR has reported things similar about Blount not applying himself(Not saying his word is gospel), and if true then them draft Martin hopefully lights the fire! There is no denying Blounts talent, just like Free there is no excuse for Blount this year (#1 WR to keep 8 of the box, Nice Oline, full offseason to work on his craft).

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 29, 2012, 03:47:00 PM

I'm the biggest Martin fan here Det, but he hasn't had a single carry in the NFL yet.....so no, he isn't.

Right.

If Martin obtains 5+ yards per carry, for maybe 20 carries, but Blount gets 50 carries and obtains only a 3 (or under) yard average, I'm pretty sure Blount takes a back seat.

From all reports, all it's going to take is a good excuse to get Blount on Schiano's bad side. Whatever the deal is, Blount better play his heart out this season, whether he wants to be on this team, or not.

Trouble is, he's (or his agent) probably going to put pressure on them to sign him long-term halfway through the season if they waiver on a choice for the first several games.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CaliBucsFan

Second String
#32 : April 29, 2012, 03:50:29 PM

Regardless of which one gets the start I think that they will split carries relatively evenly.  IMO our 2 backs could be as good as any pair in the league.  The season can't start soon enough

\\\"Im not afraid of anyone. They put their pants on just like I put my pants on.

-Kadeem Edwards

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 29, 2012, 03:50:37 PM

Your not a loyal Doug Martin fan bro.

Your right. Obviously since I won't **CENSORED** on Blount, I can't support Martin. It has to be one or the other.
HAHA, I got under your skin?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 29, 2012, 03:53:02 PM

Nope. You were too obvious. Was just using sarcasm to point out how dumb your comment was.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 29, 2012, 03:54:04 PM

Seriously though, I think he will be a better RB than Blount. And has potential to be a top 10 somebody.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 29, 2012, 03:55:23 PM

Seriously though, I think he will be a better RB than Blount. And has potential to be a top 10 some day.

I agree 100%......but I still think Blount is an amazing weapon and together they can be the top tandem in the league. Better start brainstorming for a cool nickname now.  Slash & Bash?

: April 29, 2012, 03:57:58 PM JDouble

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 29, 2012, 04:01:14 PM

Martin is going to start. He is a 3 down back, while Blount is better suited spelling him. Not sure why everything thinks Blount is a fulltime starter in this league when he can't block or catch.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 29, 2012, 04:16:02 PM

Blount will still get lots of carries I think. Martin is a three down back so he will probably get the bulk of playing time. I'd also like to see Smith get some touches too as a change in pace.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : April 29, 2012, 05:05:33 PM

Seriously though, I think he will be a better RB than Blount. And has potential to be a top 10 some day.

I agree 100%......but I still think Blount is an amazing weapon and together they can be the top tandem in the league. Better start brainstorming for a cool nickname now.  Slash & Bash?
any nickname that doesn't incorporate "hamster" is unacceptable

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#40 : April 29, 2012, 05:09:01 PM

Barring injuries:

Martin 170-180 carries
Blount 150-170 carries
(3rd RB) 50-70 carries
Freeman 50 carries

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 29, 2012, 05:09:04 PM

HamsterBlaster from mad max

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 29, 2012, 05:09:16 PM

Well since he obviously hates the nickname Muscle Hamster, I see it as a disrespect to call him that. Besides that, it's a pretty lame nickname for our stud running back.

Time2GetYounger

Second String

#43 : April 29, 2012, 05:16:32 PM

Blount is an immensely talented back, it's frustrating he has the fumbling problem because he would be something special otherwise.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#44 : April 29, 2012, 05:21:54 PM

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is not a lock to start. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools