Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beatles reflects on the draft...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2012, 03:03:07 PM

Was better posting times back then.

I think it all went downhill when PR stopped actually publishing magazines.

I think it went downhill when Raheem was hired.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2012, 03:08:42 PM

Was better posting times back then.

I think it all went downhill when PR stopped actually publishing magazines.

I think it went downhill when Raheem was hired.

A part of that is true...but the 2006 season was a disaster and we still had decent posting and nobody was as distraught. Granted we just had a playoff team in 2005 but the people still kept coming here and talking.

I think a lot of it is just the new posters who kind of pushed their way in and maybe a lot of the old guys didn't agree or they just preferred the old way of the boards or something. Idk. PR has changed A LOT since those times. Hard to believe it was 7 years ago.

Either way, the new boards are a bit faster but I still wish I had a magazine to have...even if the stories were a bit dated due to the magazine delivery.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 29, 2012, 03:11:00 PM

Kinda curious how many here were regular posters on the main board?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2012, 03:14:32 PM

I think people just lost interest in the team during the Raheem years.    I feel like the team wasn't an NFL team for those 3 years.   I know a lot of old time fans who have no interest at all in the Bucs anymore due to that Raheem fiasco.   I can honestly say I don't love the team anymore either.    That Raheem hire was an absolute killer as far as keeping the fans interested in the team.   It did generate new fans such as more minorities and more young fans and those are the guys you now see posting on the site.   But most of the knowledgeable fans from the past are gone.    I don't think it's due to the magazine not being printed, I think it's because the last few years were such a turn off that people don't have the Bucs in their hearts anymore.    Leeman Bennett couldn't do it, Ray Perkins couldn't do it, but Raheem did it - he killed off a lot of the loyal Buc fans.

I keep saying the Bucs need to get rid of Freeman.   He's a link to Raheem.   Until they get rid of him and move on, I don't see the old time fans coming back.   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 29, 2012, 03:16:08 PM

Kinda curious how many here were regular posters on the main board?

I posted on that board for about a year back in 2002 or 2003.   I found that this site had more posters who knew Buc history (most of those guys are gone now though).

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 29, 2012, 03:27:19 PM

I actually found this board through the original Bucs Board on their official website. The old TBBBBBBBBB was just no where near as good as this one. It was almost like playing politics on that board. They deliberately had people bait other into getting banned for just the fun of it. Not to mention the moderators were complete Nazis and would give you a 30 day ban if your sig pic was not a certain size. It was ridiculous. I eventually found this board and it is the best bucs message board around. The traffic for this board is much higher then others.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 29, 2012, 03:37:05 PM

I know some here WISH I was, but i'll say this: I am not going away like the others did. You're stuxck wiyh me and my positive ass for life. :P

In fact, I'm just biding my time. Just wait till I show up at G2G's and tailgates. You all will see a person that BLEEDS pewter and red. 8)

Now, back on topic.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jlr0714

Starter
#22 : April 29, 2012, 03:42:46 PM

God Java....would you just let it go!   Raheem is GONE!   Let it freaking go!  I've been reading this board for the last few years, looking for legit discussion of the team and players...instead, 90% of what I read is name calling and **CENSORED**ing/moaning about Gruden and/or Morris.  Can we just move on already?   

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2012, 03:47:55 PM

I have spoken to many bucs fans, on various websites, that claim they don't come here because of the negativity more than any other reason.

I do my research on this fanbase and i'm GOING to play a part in bettering it...as soon as the door opens....i'm going to do some work. You'll see..

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 29, 2012, 03:52:37 PM

Negativity?

There is very few negative people here at all.

Realists? Yes.

Negative? If you consider trolls to be negative then sure, but they are just that, trolls.

Nobody had any reason to be optimistic last season so claiming that as negativity is just stupid. There was not a single positive thing that came out of last year other then the off-season.

In fact I am glad we sucked last year. I am truly glad they sucked so bad that it resulted in a vast culture change from Ownership on down. The only positive thing was Raheem getting fired. And trust me. Raheem getting fired is the best thing that the Bucs have done in the past 3+ years.

jlr0714

Starter
#25 : April 29, 2012, 03:57:46 PM

Got no problem with people being realistic.   We sucked last  year.   team quit.   Coach over his head.   But it's done.  I would just like to see our focus move to the future.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 29, 2012, 03:59:03 PM

I don't mean that.

I mean the trolls, and  the ones that **CENSORED** like it's all they are programmed to do.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just  the reason given by who i talk to.

Yes, though. It's mainly the trolls. You know who they are.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 29, 2012, 04:03:54 PM

My little pony?

Grow the hell up man!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2012, 04:30:04 PM

My little pony?

Grow the hell up man!
...Deja vu :P

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 29, 2012, 04:36:25 PM

My little pony?

Grow the hell up man!
...Deja vu :P
I'll say it again. Grow up. You're 21(IIRC).

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beatles reflects on the draft...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools