Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason Cole still criticizing Bucs draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

acacius

Hall of Famer

#90 : May 02, 2012, 07:33:20 PM

In fairness, we really only had a revolving door at FS.  Lynch was a pretty darned big part of the best of the Bucs' defenses, and it seemed like there was a pretty noticeable drop-off when we tried to swap him out for Phillips.  (And yeah, we didn't spend a high first round pick on Lynch.  We got pretty darned lucky with him though.)

#91 : May 02, 2012, 07:43:18 PM

How much money did Finnegan just sign for? The edge goes to the corner.

If your scheme uses zone coverage you're better off with 2nd-mid round picks at CB.

When it comes time to sign/ re-sign players you can get 2 top players for the price it's going to cost you for a #5 pick cover corner.

Scheme & cap wise the edge goes to the safety.

Of course by that same "logic" why did we have a rotation of scrubs at S for all those years we played zone? Why would we want to pay a premium for an S when they have so little to do? The edge never goes to the S. I've never seen, well actually pretty much annually you see it, so many people trying to rationalize a low value spot into a high value spot. Again, you cant escape the judgement of 32 teams where the franachise tag is much, much lower for the S's than the CB's and if you shave off the top 2 S's and do the compare after doing the same for CB's the figures get a lot worse - the 4 million gap turns into the 6 m gap. You'd think if S's gave you all this great power and flexibility someone would have recognized it aside from y'all.

Sure, can't argue that point and that was my first thought as my jaw hit the floor when I heard Goodell say Mark instead of Luke. LOL!

Seems when Monte was in Tampa Bay that they found 4th & 5th rounders that were able to get the job done. Lynch was picked in the 3rd I think.

Still, the premise was not spending money on premium CBs which frees up some cap. Two top players for the same price as one top CB.

I'm waiting to see coach Schiano's defense around Barron as the centerpiece.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#92 : May 02, 2012, 07:48:08 PM

I'm waiting to see coach Schiano's defense around Barron as the centerpiece.

It's going to look somrthing like this from Darren Sproles point of view:

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#93 : May 02, 2012, 08:50:48 PM

You'd think if S's gave you all this great power and flexibility someone would have recognized it aside from y'all.

aside from schiano you mean?

i dont buy the fact that you can only draft 4 positions in the 1st round.  we had claibornes frickin' college coach and we passed.  but the fans (and certain media) know we are supposed to draft a CB in the 1st so Dominik/Schiano messed up.

id rather the team draft a player they think will be great, rather than a forced position.  jmo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#94 : May 02, 2012, 09:01:32 PM

You'd think if S's gave you all this great power and flexibility someone would have recognized it aside from y'all.

aside from schiano you mean?

i dont buy the fact that you can only draft 4 positions in the 1st round.  we had claibornes frickin' college coach and we passed.  but the fans (and certain media) know we are supposed to draft a CB in the 1st so Dominik/Schiano messed up.

id rather the team draft a player they think will be great, rather than a forced position.  jmo.

Me too. I have seen the "forced position" scenario not work out too many times.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason Cole still criticizing Bucs draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools