Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Eric LeGrand « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 02, 2012, 09:50:10 AM

yeah i guess we might as well give up a roster spot for the guy and deny someone else who should really make the team.

Why not just make him some honorary member. He isnt going to play right?

Really?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 02, 2012, 09:50:19 AM

There is tons of chatter about this story on Twitter. I can't post all the responses as I'm posting from my phone, but lots of thumbs up for the Eric, the Bucs, and Coach Schiano.

Ironworker808

Second String

#17 : May 02, 2012, 09:51:26 AM

yeah i guess we might as well give up a roster spot for the guy and deny someone else who should really make the team.

You are an idiot. The dude is paralyzed you jackass. Of course it's an honorary move.

+1

I'm almost positive that 90th roster spot he's takin up for the next few weeks is keeping a future undrafted Hall Of Famer from playing for us.

JBSouthpaw

Practice Squad

#18 : May 02, 2012, 09:51:54 AM

Dude, there is trolling then there is your 2 comments.  I guess I should ignore you like everyone else.
don't be that guy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 02, 2012, 09:53:09 AM

Absolute classy move by the coach...We don't need every single spot on the roster...we can give that to him and he can inspire us in Tampa the way he has in Rutgers.

So glad he can be a part of this team, in whatever capacity.

As a disabled person, this guy has such a determination that I simply do not have in termd of getting stronger....yet, anyway....very happy to hear this. :)

WELLCOME, BIG 'E! :)
: May 02, 2012, 09:58:46 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 02, 2012, 09:54:33 AM

Pue class move.  Something like this makes you really proud to be a fan of the Bucs and helps repair their image to our community.  Well done Bucs!

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 02, 2012, 09:56:56 AM

We have 90 roster spots going into OTA...I don't think it's going to matter...

MarineBuc

Starter

#22 : May 02, 2012, 09:59:00 AM

I think this is the STUPIDEST post on the entire internet.

fsuklee

Second String

#23 : May 02, 2012, 09:59:23 AM

Two thoughts:

1. 2nd draft baby!

2. Saying it now...he spends less time on DL then McCoy.

Tasteless jokes aside really good PR move  and simply a nice act by the Bucs.  Schiano...you had me at hello.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 02, 2012, 10:01:40 AM

He might be an announcer on Bucs radio...I could see it since that's what he's training to do. :)

TB5219

Starter
#25 : May 02, 2012, 10:02:49 AM

Awesome heartwarming move, great PR, and do ya think? It might make a few immature divas on this team  think a bit...excellent coach we've got!

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 02, 2012, 10:06:01 AM

I heard there's a Teleconference going on. Anyone got a link?

Chaos

Starter
#27 : May 02, 2012, 10:06:10 AM

You know the saints activated Deuce McCalister  back to their active roster right before they won the SB. So he now has a Super Bowl ring. He didnt play either. Its all about showing love and respect to those football players who make a difference in your life.  Now this is the first time I have ever heard of LaGrand and his situation, but this is an amazing gesture from Shiano and the Bucs to say 'we're here for you and we love you" I bet if he was your brother, son, or friend you wouldnt complain . 

tmac87

Starter
#28 : May 02, 2012, 10:06:47 AM

I am happy to see this. I don't think he makes the final roster, but at least he'll get some cash for camp and Schiano is helping him make a little money for medical bills and life in general. Schiano really shows you there's more to this game than x's and o's.

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 02, 2012, 10:07:02 AM

There is tons of chatter about this story on Twitter. I can't post all the responses as I'm posting from my phone, but lots of thumbs up for the Eric, the Bucs, and Coach Schiano.
Yea, Eric LeGrand and Greg Schiano are trending.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Eric LeGrand « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools