Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Eric LeGrand « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

dbrooks55

Starter

#30 : May 02, 2012, 10:07:49 AM

Going from the Talib's & Tjax's....what a breath of fresh air this is....positive things happen to positive people, that Schaino is!

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#31 : May 02, 2012, 10:09:12 AM

Yea this pretty much just blew up the blogersephere.

Great move IMO, We need Buccaneer Men on this team in any capacity.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 02, 2012, 10:10:06 AM

What a great tribute to a great young man! Gotta love Schiano and the Bucs for doing this.

Also, what a great **CENSORED**ing PR move(even if it wasnt ment to be a PR move). We are blowing up on twitter.

Also also, what now? Will he retire as a buccaneer or will he be a member on the roster that doesnt count? Would be sort of awkward to cut him.

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#33 : May 02, 2012, 10:12:17 AM

Can't imagine any negative coming of this.  LaGrand is a great kid, and Schiano is a man of his word.  This speaks volumes about our coach, and our organization.
Ceertainly, you can't want to be getting press from ESPN/NFLN/etc. because our players are beating up people at clubs and firing guns at folks, eh? (<----- eughhh.... Canadian)
It's nice to know that there is a new era in Bucs PR.  This front office has done everything right, in my eyes, since the new hires..... minus not addressing CB.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 02, 2012, 10:19:09 AM

Great great move, things like this deserve as much pub as possible. Love the way our team is starting to go about things!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 02, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

yeah i guess we might as well give up a roster spot for the guy and deny someone else who should really make the team.

Why not just make him some honorary member. He isnt going to play right?

Just when i was sure that Java was the most ignorant poster on the board, you come along with this jewel and prove me wrong. Dammit man!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DailyRich68

Starter
#36 : May 02, 2012, 10:31:39 AM

I wonder if the Bucs store will have LeGrand jerseys available.  I'm being absolutely serious.

And if someone isn't planning a line of "Buccaneer Men" merchandise, the marketing department needs some massive turnover.

Ironworker808

Second String

#37 : May 02, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

I wonder if the Bucs store will have LeGrand jerseys available.  I'm being absolutely serious.

And if someone isn't planning a line of "Buccaneer Men" merchandise, the marketing department needs some massive turnover.

Give him a number and I'll be first in line.

Donate all proceeds to spinal cord injury research and I'll camp out the night before.

MarineBuc

Starter

#38 : May 02, 2012, 10:35:55 AM

Give him a number and I'll be first in line.

Donate all proceeds to spinal cord injury research and I'll camp out the night before.

+1000

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 02, 2012, 10:38:39 AM

It doesn't get any classier than this!
    Buc radio broadcaster is a great idea, 'Beatles'. I have no doubt we will be hearing a lot about and from Eric.
    He'll either retire or go to IR once roster cutdowns begin, I'd think...

DailyRich68

Starter
#40 : May 02, 2012, 10:42:15 AM

LeGrand posted this on his Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/#!/EricLeGrand52/status/197694350568853505/photo/1

JM2

Pro Bowler

#41 : May 02, 2012, 10:42:35 AM

Gotta love a class act.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 02, 2012, 10:43:47 AM

Amazing.  Truly amazing.  I mean what a classy and honorable thing to do by coach Schiano and the entire organization.

Coach Schiano has continued to stay by his side.  From staying nights next to his bed in the hospital to now.  Love it.  Great man.

yeah i guess we might as well give up a roster spot for the guy and deny someone else who should really make the team.

Why not just make him some honorary member. He isnt going to play right?

You think this guy is regretting posting this yet?

What a jerk.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 02, 2012, 10:44:31 AM

I follow the guy on twitter. He is amazing. If you are on twitter you should follow him too   @EricLeGrand52

I cannot tell you how many times one of his tweets has made me very, very thankful for what l have.  He is an amazing kid with an unbelievable attitude.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 02, 2012, 10:46:27 AM

Patrick McDermott - Getty Images

9 months ago: NEW YORK, NY - AUGUST 20: Former Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand (L) speaks with David Wright #5 of the New York Mets before a game against the Milwaukee Brewers at Citi Field on August 20, 2011 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. LeGrand was paralyzed during a kickoff return in October 2010. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Eric LeGrand « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools