Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs won't really benefit from the Saints suspensions « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
: May 02, 2012, 02:08:10 PM

Word just came down. Jonathan Vilma has been suspended for the season. Had Goodell punished the Saints BEFORE free agency and the draft, maybe this would have changed things. Had he punished the GM to miss all this time, that too would have changed things. But instead, he managed to punish the players without having much if any impact on the team. The Saints already filled their LB spots knowing they wouldn't have Vilma for awhile, if at all.
Anthony Hargrove out eight games. He's with GREEN BAY now. No impact.
Scott Fujita out three games. Again, not with the Saints anymore.
Only impact is Will Smith, who will miss four games. Bucs don't play the Saints in any of those games.
Comments?

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 02, 2012, 02:12:00 PM

Saints are still on their way down. Brees is always gonna be the factor that makes the saints go. They are losing key pieces though to keep this thing going for longer. Those draft picks lost are gonna hurt. They have a small amount of cap room when they still need to sign Brees. They may have a good year this year and that wouldnt surprise me but they will eventually start going down hill. Their window is closing fast imo. Who cares about this year. We are still moving up and our window hasnt even opened yet. Not until I see what were working with. As far as Im concerned the Saints were a better team anyways. No matter what their suspensions were this year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 02, 2012, 02:13:51 PM

New Orleans players (and fans for that matter) are taking the "it's us against the world" attitude - "if it doesn't kill us, it'll make us stronger".

As they should. Those games vs them were never going to be any easier. As long as they still have Brees, they will be tough to beat. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 02, 2012, 02:47:51 PM

Those games vs them were never going to be any easier. As long as they still have Brees, they will be tough to beat.

Yup, those games are going to be tough...Drew isnt going to allow them NOT to be competitive...thats an attribute I hope Josh picks back up and runs with.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 02, 2012, 02:51:01 PM

Brees is so good. I hate playing against him and I hate the Saints but I like watching him. He gets rid of that ball so fast theres nothing a defense can do. We really need somebody to shadow Sproles because we had nobody who could cover him. He killed us that second game.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 02, 2012, 02:52:26 PM

We really need somebody to shadow Sproles because we had nobody who could cover him. He killed us that second game.

Enter, Lavonte David.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 02, 2012, 02:53:23 PM

Bucs can beat the Saints at their full strength, their chances of beating them just shot up.

Brees is not happy at all about his contract either.  That team is a train wreck.  But their offense is going to be nasty regardless.

But the BUcs can beat them.  Proven that already.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 02, 2012, 02:54:10 PM

Yea he could do it. Get Barron on Graham. Corners need to bring their A games like they did that first game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 02, 2012, 02:56:22 PM

Bucs can beat the Saints at their full strength, their chances of beating them just shot up.

Brees is not happy at all about his contract either.  That team is a train wreck.  But their offense is going to be nasty regardless.

But the BUcs can beat them.  Proven that already.

Yea they can beat them. They had a great game plan vs them the first game but looked totally unprepared that second game. You need turnovers against that team. Otherwise you better be able to win a shoot out.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 02, 2012, 03:16:20 PM

Bucs and Saints almost always split the series every year regardless of how good or bad they are. The match-up for some reason is very odd.

What the Saints do in the other games is the question.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 02, 2012, 03:32:39 PM

IMHO the question through all of this is: Are the Saints still a 13-win team? Are they an 11-win team? If you get to 10 or less, the dynamic changes because then any of the other three teams could beat them out for the NFC South title.

In Verner We Trust

Madman

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 02, 2012, 04:17:39 PM

The Saints window is closing fast.

Brees is unhappy and getting old. Other than Jimmy Graham they've drafted poorly the last few years.

This offseason didn't help either. From Katrina darlings to bountygate scoundrels.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 02, 2012, 04:33:03 PM

I am 50-50 on the Saints now. If anything, some guys may step up to the plate very well that we never heard of. If that doesn't happen it will benefit the rest of the NFC South.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 02, 2012, 04:34:44 PM

I am 50-50 on the Saints now. If anything, some guys may step up to the plate very well that we never heard of. If that doesn't happen it will benefit the rest of the NFC South.

Yea I really couldnt tell you how its gonna hurt them. I just know Brees is a great QB and when you have that your gonna be ok.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 02, 2012, 05:50:36 PM

Not having Payton on the sideline all year will hurt them. Not having the players will not. "On any given Sunday" still applies. Brees can beat any team in the league. He makes the defense irrelevant.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs won't really benefit from the Saints suspensions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools