Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
: May 03, 2012, 10:01:28 PM

Is listening to all these media pundits saying he can't catch, and he's just lost his job and blah blah blah. Use this as motivation and absolutely dominate this year. Keep the ball high and tight and explode through your holes(that's what she said) This kid was a 1k yard rusher and he didn't even sniff the starting lineup until like week 4 his rookie season. Last year he missed some time as well and could have possibly hit the 1k yard mark too. People are giving up way too soon on this kid. He's a beast!

snicker24

Starter
#1 : May 03, 2012, 10:06:44 PM

I'm no fan of wasted draft picks but I'm hoping Blount does so well in every way this year that the coaches begrudgingly have Martin squat the bench. If Blount can run better routes and pass block he'll be the best running back in football. (Blount should evolve into a great pass blocker but he'll never run slick routes like matt forte.)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 03, 2012, 10:07:26 PM

I like all that.  If I was him I'd be burning.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 03, 2012, 10:16:33 PM

He definitely needs to hang onto the football. Leaving it on the turf will quickly move him to the bench!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 03, 2012, 10:31:33 PM

I hope like hell a naked model knocked on my door with booze and condoms. Doesn't mean it will happen. Besides neither one will be "squatting" on the bench. I can't imagine one guy getting 25 touches while the other guy stews on the bench.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 03, 2012, 10:45:06 PM

(Blount should evolve into a great pass blocker but he'll never run slick routes like matt forte.)
That's my thinking. Even if he works hard at it and gets better like Cadillac did he still won't be as fluid and comfortable running routes and catching the ball like Matt Forte. Blount has heavy feet. He will never be able to break down and cut in and out of routes like Matt or Ray Rice. But guess what. Doug can. I'm all for Blount getting his touches and improving his game but Doug is getting slot of love and hype for a reason.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 03, 2012, 10:52:31 PM

That is what bothered me with Carnell. Though he learned to catch the ball, he never looked natural doing it. Guys like McCoy, Forte, Rice, Foster, Jones-Drew make it look effortless. I believe Martin can do that as well..... lookin forward to it, actually.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 03, 2012, 10:54:50 PM

I'm no fan of wasted draft picks but I'm hoping Blount does so well in every way this year that the coaches begrudgingly have Martin squat the bench. If Blount can run better routes and pass block he'll be the best running back in football. (Blount should evolve into a great pass blocker but he'll never run slick routes like matt forte.)
ummm... I'd just just as well prefer we get Martin and Blount on the field at the same time (something dumbass Olson couldn't figure out to save his life)... that would help our offense in many more ways than just Blount running wild and Martin on the bench.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 04, 2012, 01:48:34 AM

That is what bothered me with Carnell. Though he learned to catch the ball, he never looked natural doing it. Guys like McCoy, Forte, Rice, Foster, Jones-Drew make it look effortless. I believe Martin can do that as well..... lookin forward to it, actually.

I stand by my quote as to us getting the best back in the draft in Martin.

Everybody don't get me wrong I want nothing more than to have both backs on the field. I just hope Blount uses this as fuel and helps this offense become even more deadly by keeping the opposing defenses on their toes! Blount has the potential to be an amazing force to reckon with. With Martin spelling him this year or vice versa and for years to come, you gentlemen could be looking at one of, if not THE best RB tandems in the league!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 04, 2012, 03:46:17 AM

Carnell didn't look comfortable catching?   So what if he could catch?   

I hope Blount just keeps running over people because its one of the most exciting things I 've seen Bucs do  except Winslow and Gallaway in their prime....and Alstott dragging guys across the finish line.  With those exceptions I love Blount's runs.  Yeah.  He has to hang on to the ball.  He might have improved that last year if he'd had a coach who made him....

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 04, 2012, 07:37:48 AM

Is listening to all these media pundits saying he can't catch, and he's just lost his job and blah blah blah. Use this as motivation and absolutely dominate this year. Keep the ball high and tight and explode through your holes(that's what she said) This kid was a 1k yard rusher and he didn't even sniff the starting lineup until like week 4 his rookie season. Last year he missed some time as well and could have possibly hit the 1k yard mark too. People are giving up way too soon on this kid. He's a beast!

Please improve. Fans forget Caddy couldn't catch a cold when he started with us. After a while he had very good hands. Blount should be ok.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 04, 2012, 07:46:09 AM

I'm no fan of wasted draft picks but I'm hoping Blount does so well in every way this year that the coaches begrudgingly have Martin squat the bench.

Why is it so hard for so many fans to grasp the concept of a two RB backfield? Ideally we want Blount and Martin splitting snaps 50/50. Watch the last five years of Bradshaw/Jacobs. Why do all these guys try to turn it into a Blount vs. Martin thing like you have to pick one or the other? It's mind boggling to me. We have two great running backs. One is more of an all around back and the other is still developing at blocking and catching but is an amazing runner. They will both be great assets behind our new and improved O-line. Both.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 04, 2012, 07:49:10 AM

He's never going to be fluid and natural reciever no matter how hard he works. Just doesn't have the stop-start capabilities. He's a one direction full head of steam type of guy when he's at his best.
Now pass protection he can learn , but he needs to get his lazy ass in the film room.

BTW , just because he is losing the start job on this team ( which he will because Martin is simply a better overall player ) doesn't mean Blount can't still have a huge role and get lots of carries on this team. You need two backs in this league.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 04, 2012, 08:28:48 AM

Im gonna get a no. 49 jersey that says Blartin  :D

graypilgrim

Starter

#14 : May 04, 2012, 08:32:05 AM

Different coaching staff, different expectations, different teaching styles. Let us see what happens in training camp. I have no problem with two 1K+ running backs either.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools