Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : May 04, 2012, 09:42:45 AM

You can't ignore greatness like that.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2012, 09:50:28 AM

Coach Schiano is going to be one of the best things that ever happen to LeGarrette since he started playing football.

Monster year predicted.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 04, 2012, 10:25:37 AM

I'm no fan of wasted draft picks but I'm hoping Blount does so well in every way this year that the coaches begrudgingly have Martin squat the bench.

Why is it so hard for so many fans to grasp the concept of a two RB backfield? Ideally we want Blount and Martin splitting snaps 50/50. Watch the last five years of Bradshaw/Jacobs. Why do all these guys try to turn it into a Blount vs. Martin thing like you have to pick one or the other? It's mind boggling to me. We have two great running backs. One is more of an all around back and the other is still developing at blocking and catching but is an amazing runner. They will both be great assets behind our new and improved O-line. Both.

+1

flaitguy

Starter
#18 : May 04, 2012, 10:46:33 AM

From what I understand Blount did as well in the 3 cone drill for agility than about anyone else including Martin, but that just isnt his running style. Personally, I think they shifty making people miss can be over rated. Carnell williams did it way too much. You may make one shift move then hit the hole. Use your power guys to open it up and then bust through the line. With the speed of the linebackers and safeties etc, extending the time of a running play doesnt do you any favors.

flaitguy

Starter
#19 : May 04, 2012, 10:47:45 AM

In addition, I believe some teams were very aware of Blount when he was in the game. Imagine a guy on the bucs squad that other teams actualyl had to game plan for.

Sim

Starter

#20 : May 04, 2012, 11:45:16 AM

We could never replace a game-breaker like Blount.

Our O-line is going to allow him to get to the second level on a consistant basis. Blount smashing through the defense is gonna be fun to watch...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 04, 2012, 11:55:03 AM

I honestly belive you will see three backs used, depending on the situation. It keeps the backs fresh, gives a different look and tires the defense out. Look for Dunsmore to figure in occasionally. IMHO Smith & Dunnsmore as well as the fullback from Texas, who can block/catch & run, were brought in for a specific reason and not for camp fodder. Can you imagine 5 backs in different scenarios all season long. For sure Martin/Blount will be the 'bell cows' but the NY Giant model will be used.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 04, 2012, 12:13:00 PM

The days of Eric **CENSORED**erson and Tony Dorsett. That is why people like Morgan bash LGB.

Stuck in the past. Sort of like roaches. Why evolve when you can just run through dung and be happy?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 04, 2012, 12:22:26 PM

Here is to hoping that with a full off season and better coaches that he can improve. If he doesn't then the Bucs have a fallback option in Doug Martin. 

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 04, 2012, 12:25:52 PM

And I got blasted last season stating BLOUNT is a Brandon Jacobs clone.  The dude is a one trick pony that is not starting material in this league. 

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 04, 2012, 12:33:37 PM

"...The dude is a one trick pony that is not starting material in this league. ..."

Me thinks your assessment is premature.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 04, 2012, 12:45:20 PM

And I got blasted last season stating BLOUNT is a Brandon Jacobs clone.  The dude is a one trick pony that is not starting material in this league.
I too made that comparison and was told they were nothing alike and I didn't no football. I think the only difference in their game is LGB jumps over people from time to time.  D coordinators game plan for them the same way. Clog up the line and get them to stop their feet. They are bigger backs that can't get back going quickly enough to get out the back field. That's why both backs either lose 3 or 4 yards or gain 5+ yards. There is no in between. That's why Bradshaw took over for Jacobs and why Doug will eventually take over for Blount. You can't keep your offense on schedule with their style of running. Its no coincidence that the giants biggest offensive struggles came when the more well rounded Bradshaw was out with injury.  Another thing they have in common is their lack of success in short yardage situations. And of coarse their inability to play on 3rd downs. Hopefully the bucs can use both runners effectively like the giants use Bradshaw and Jacobs.
: May 04, 2012, 12:49:35 PM buchead

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 04, 2012, 01:04:00 PM

That Carolina TD run is one of my all time fav Buc's running TDs, was at the Seattle game and both those long runs were awesome. I can't stand the one trick pony, one dimensional talk. He hasn't had an off season, was coached horribly since he has been here and people want to get rid of him. He would have led the league in rushing his rookie year if he would have been in camp from day one. I am pumped to see what Schiano does with Blount/Martin combo, I would not be surprised if  Blount got a 1000 in a back up role. Think a lot of the hate he gets is because of his past.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 04, 2012, 01:06:21 PM

Olson suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

He ruined the progression of the youngsters fo sho!

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 04, 2012, 02:41:14 PM

Doug Martin is only going to make Blount better by allowing him to conentrate on plays that better utilize his talents. With Martin there to be an effective change of pace and with the focus on the running game behind this powerful center triangle, I expect Blount to really flourish and put on some more highlight runs. I feel that we have as a better version of Jacobs and Bradshaw.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools