Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 04, 2012, 02:51:30 PM

Blount is somewhat comparable to Jacobs but he is 100x more athletic. Go to youtube and watch Jacobs highlights and watch Blounts. Blount has way more wiggle than people admit and he's way faster and more agile than Jacobs. For Blount to do the things he does at his size, he has to be one of the most athleticly gifted running backs in the league....but so many wrongly label him as a lumbering poer back. Makes me wonder if people are even watching the games.

Also, the Bucs have a player in the top 100 on the next show. (71-80) It's either VJax or Blount.
: May 04, 2012, 02:55:23 PM JDouble

player101

Starter
#31 : May 04, 2012, 02:54:09 PM

Doug Martin is only going to make Blount better by allowing him to conentrate on plays that better utilize his talents. With Martin there to be an effective change of pace and with the focus on the running game behind this powerful center triangle, I expect Blount to really flourish and put on some more highlight runs. I feel that we have as a better version of Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I also believe it will motivate Blount to fix the problems in his game, namely blocking. The guy has the body to be a fullback, their is 0 reason  that he can't be an A+ blocker. He just needs to work at it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 04, 2012, 03:37:58 PM

Blounts a baller.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 04, 2012, 05:00:22 PM

Blount got his 1000 yards in 9 or so starts. Olson is the one who said he couldnt block or catch, so I wouldnt put any weight into that until we see what he does this year. He caught the ball pretty darn well the few times he was asked to last year, so I think thats more of a myth or misuse. Blocking, well its hard to say. He wasnt on the field or asked to block enough for anyone to really decide if he can or not. Only the coaches know and i wouldnt put much stock into Olsons coaching.

last year Blount only had 12+ carries in 7 games and only had 15+ carries in 4 games. No back can consistently put up good numbers only getting those type of carries.

In comparison, Peterson had less than 12 carries just 1 game and less than 15 in just 3 games.

Anyone taking Olsons comments as gospel is being extremely stupid IMO, because looking at his track record as a coordinator, theres nothing of credit to believe anything he says to be true. Hes sucked every where hes coordinated.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 04, 2012, 05:04:02 PM

True Tat.

Olson sucked majorly.

Maybe the rumors of him sleeping in meetings cost him reps?  Ya never know...

Signed

Starter

#35 : May 05, 2012, 02:18:29 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/L_Blount27/status/198825278846410753
LeGarrette Blount
‏@L_Blount27

Studyin my playbook!! Gotta get it right!! Right now!! #imallin

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 05, 2012, 05:02:52 PM

Olson and Raheem used Blount as a scapegoat for their own incompetence.  Its a shame people bought into it.  He was misused, unused, untaught, not coached, a publicly disrespected by them.  He ran behind a tissue paper line that consistently had defenders running free in the backfield.  No back is going to be successful in that situation, but he actually would have been if Olson had given him any carries.

Martin is here as a compliment.  They will be splitting carries, but blount will get the larger share because he is frankly one of the best RUNNING backs in the league. 

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : May 05, 2012, 08:03:19 PM

He's a beast!

Both mentally and physically.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 05, 2012, 08:11:40 PM

Olson and Raheem used Blount as a scapegoat for their own incompetence.  Its a shame people bought into it.  He was misused, unused, untaught, not coached, a publicly disrespected by them.  He ran behind a tissue paper line that consistently had defenders running free in the backfield.  No back is going to be successful in that situation, but he actually would have been if Olson had given him any carries.

Martin is here as a compliment.  They will be splitting carries, but blount will get the larger share because he is frankly one of the best RUNNING backs in the league.
AND - Raheem and Co. needed to call the kid in, to keep him on the right track. To teach him to be a pro.  2011 was a bad year for coaching in Tampa

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 06, 2012, 10:36:36 AM

Martin is here as a compliment.

complement

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 06, 2012, 12:02:32 PM

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 06, 2012, 06:40:52 PM

He also makes fun of hot pockets, so what does he know? I've determined that my purpose in life is to get this forum to use complement-compliment correctly!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 06, 2012, 06:56:14 PM

: May 06, 2012, 06:58:27 PM JDouble

flash_kiley

Second String

#43 : May 07, 2012, 11:49:51 AM

They will both get their carries. And like John Wooden said,"It's not who starts the game, it is who finishes it that matters." I love that we now have two capable backs. And regardless of what is assumed, Blount isn't awful at catching the ball. He isn't a reciever, but he doesn't have brick hands.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 07, 2012, 11:52:34 AM

Its a 2 back system in the NFL today. It doesn't really matter who starts. Martin is going to see the field more due to the fact he can catch and block.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools