Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : May 07, 2012, 07:33:34 PM

And until he fixes his fumble issue, he isn't one of the best runners in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson had 19 fumbles in his first three years and was still considered the best runner in the league. What's the difference?
Peterson had 40 TD's in 3 season. That's the difference. AP fumbles, but he makes up for it by his huge TD numbers. What does Blount do to make up for his?

AP had 601 carries in his first two years with 22 TDs. 

Blount had 385 carries in his first two years with 11 TDs.
AP has a higher touchdown per carry rate.

He also has a higher fumble per carry rate.

I brought up AP because your claim (6 lost fumbles over his first two years means Blount can't be considered a great runner).....is nonsense. I am not comparing the two. AP is the best runner in the NFL in the last decade. Blounts numbers shouldn't be as good as AP's. The fact that they are even close should tell you something, but I sure you'll ignore that. The fact is Peterson had 216 more carries over his first two years, so it is impossible to fairly compare their production.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#61 : May 07, 2012, 07:34:43 PM

And he had Hutchinson, who is a mauler and a half.

That team was good for a few years.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : May 07, 2012, 07:40:17 PM

And now - running between the tackles - will be where the bucs are headed.  And that is a good area for Blount imvho

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope Like Hell LeGarrette Blount... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools