Boards > Pirate's Cove

Adam Yauch, MCA, Beastie Boys has passed away.

(1/4) > >>

Boid Fink:
RIP MCA.  Loved your stuff man.

Boid Fink:

J-Train:
RIP

Apparently this is the reason why he wasn't at the HoF. I hadn't heard anything about it.

pewtersurf:
I remember hearing it for the first time at summer camp in the 80's,  Fun times,  RIP

keeponbucn:
Part of the most influential group of my generation. Adam was a freakin pioneer be it rhyming or playing stand up bass.

Heavy heart all day and have been rockin my shirt I got back stage @ st Pete times years back.. Got to watch them play bball while I drank brews and chatted with mix mast mike.

"to all my sisters, and wives, and my friends......I want all the love and respect til the end"

Wife and I "mixed the Bass Ale and the Guiness brew" tonight in remembrance.

RIP Adam

Kelly Thomas:
Enshrining the Beastie Boys into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame is a prime example of why that place is a complete sham.

Beatles123:
As much as I despise, abhor, and all around HATE rap...the Beastie Boys are one of the few acts from that genre I can actually like. THAT'S saying something. 

RIP :(

J-Train:

--- Quote from: morgan on May 07, 2012, 05:19:45 PM ---thought it was obnoxious music, but 47 yrs of age is way too young to die - sorry to see him go at an early age - sounds like he did have a very productive life, though, even though a shortened one....lost respect for the Rock and Rolll Hall of Fame when these juvenile delinquent rappers were selected

--- End quote ---

You've just now lost respect for the Rock and Roll HoF? It's been a joke for years. I used to be one of those guys who was always like "Why not Rush????"....until I realized how screwed up it is behind the scenes.

Kelly Thomas:
Volumes have been written on why the RnR HoF is an abomination (Jann Wenner) Regardless, here's three bands that should be enshrined immediately.

Rush*
The Smiths*

*Rush and The Smiths have gifted some of the most brilliant music in the history of RnR and It's absolutely criminal that these two bands have not been inducted.

KISS***

*** I can't stand their music, but their stamp on RnR cannot be denied.

Instead it's the freakin' Beastie Boys and ABBA.  ::)

JavaRay:
Really?   The Beastie Boys are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Rush isn't?    That's ridiculous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version