Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: "Talib may be immune to Goodell's wrath." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
: May 04, 2012, 03:16:24 PM

An interesting development in the ever-changing case of Aqib Talib.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=66230

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 04, 2012, 03:35:35 PM

No, Talib is not immune to Mjolnir.  At all.

If he is, I want Talib off the team faster than DEion can run.  Because it will only give Talib more of a sense of entitlement, and his attitude will get worse.  Bank on that.

I don;t want the guy on the team anymore anyway.  He is dumb as a box of rocks.  On field and off.

Arguing with refs AFTER the games, fighting after a big play is made by Barber in London only to say "go watch the tape"...WTF is that?  Go watch the tape?  You cost the teama big play by a class player....it goes on an on how incredibly assinine this fool is.  If he dodges the hammer, then look to trade him asap.  His value will be decent, possibly a first round talent if he can avoid the punishments.

Personally, I think he lands in prison, and that will take care of that.

(wipes hands, claps them)

buchead

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 04, 2012, 03:39:49 PM

Sure he is. The guy just suspended a head coach and a player for a year. No ones safe from Goodells wrath.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 04, 2012, 03:41:31 PM

If Talib's counsel actually believed that he would have already struck a plea

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 04, 2012, 03:43:55 PM

Time for a contract extension, Dom! Break out the check book! Aqib is a player we want around!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 04, 2012, 03:44:59 PM

Once again, it may be Talib's dumbazz that is telling his lawyers to forge on.

I can see him being that arrogant and stupid myself.  LAwyers are not the boss.  talib is the boss.  And Talib is dumb as a box of rocks with eyes.  Which is even dumber than regular, eye-less rocks, because they aren't pretending.

;)

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 04, 2012, 03:47:16 PM

Or a Pet Rock

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 04, 2012, 03:49:57 PM

I can see him being that arrogant and stupid myself.  LAwyers are not the boss.  talib is the boss.  And Talib is dumb as a box of rocks with eyes.  Which is even dumber than regular, eye-less rocks, because they aren't pretending.

;)

not really because the lawyer would at least try to withdraw if there was a legit plead deal refused.  at best they pushed back the trial to let the NFLPA put up this trial balloon first. I would have to look at the timing again

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 04, 2012, 03:56:00 PM

Lawyers do not care about Talib getting off...they want to get paid.  A high profile case like this is good for their rep, but not as good as the money they will receive.

It is well known Talib is a thug, so even if they lose, it isn't like people are going to say the Lawyers stunk...espescially when it is revealed he wanted to push the matter.

And pleabargaining in Talibs case is not good.  He will be suspended most definitely, and for how long is anyones guess.  I think more than 4 games myself.  He has a rep in the NFL as being a loser already....Goodell might want to slam him with 8 games.  I mean the guy can't even stay out of Stadiums when he is told not to...

What a total idiot.  He just doesn't care.

Shooting guns in Texas in Garland (a nice suburb) is not a good idea.  Talib is in trouble.  And shellcasings found in a driveway are damning evidence he pursued and tried to shoot and kill...

Not good for Talib.

What would the plea deal be anyways?  One year in jail and probabtion?  6 months and probation?  I doubt it would be probation straight up...

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#9 : May 04, 2012, 04:05:47 PM

;)

So, your saying some lawyers have eyes and others don't?

****!!! The last lawyer I used  had eyes (& cost me 3,000 GBP)!!!!

ArGH!!!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 04, 2012, 04:12:00 PM

Lawyers do not care about Talib getting off...they want to get paid.  A high profile case like this is good for their rep, but not as good as the money they will receive.

It is well known Talib is a thug, so even if they lose, it isn't like people are going to say the Lawyers stunk...espescially when it is revealed he wanted to push the matter.

And pleabargaining in Talibs case is not good.  He will be suspended most definitely, and for how long is anyones guess.  I think more than 4 games myself.  He has a rep in the NFL as being a loser already....Goodell might want to slam him with 8 games.  I mean the guy can't even stay out of Stadiums when he is told not to...

Shooting guns in Texas in Garland (a nice suburb) is not a good idea.  Talib is in trouble.  And shellcasings found in a driveway are damning evidence he pursued and tried to shoot and kill...

Not good for Talib.

What would the plea deal be anyways?  One year in jail and probabtion?  6 months and probation?  I doubt it would be probation straight up...

Defense lawyers on a case like this are paid up front, so getting paid not an issue. I doubt Talib "wants to push the matter" because there is probably a reasonable no time plea deal on the table.  Your view is colored by your knowledge of talib's history. However, in Texas he is a first time offender on a shaky charge. As you correctly point out, the concern is the league more than the charge, thats why the NFLPA's argument is noteworthy

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 04, 2012, 04:12:08 PM

Talib's is different in that no one knows for sure that he did what he is being accused of. If he gets off in court, he'll get off with the commissioner. (If the glove doesn't fit. You Must Aquit.)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 04, 2012, 04:12:42 PM

;)

So, your saying some lawyers have eyes and others don't?

****!!! The last lawyer I used  had eyes (& cost me 3,000 GBP)!!!!

ArGH!!!
Lawyers?  Not really.  There is some intelligence there.  A lot of them are scummy, but their is intelligence.

Talib?  Nope.  Box of Rocks IQ > Talibs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 04, 2012, 04:14:39 PM

Not good for Talib.

Defense lawyers on a case like this are paid up front, so getting paid not an issue. I doubt Talib "wants to push the matter" because there is probably a reasonable no time plea deal on the table.  Your view is colored by your knowledge of talib's history. However, in Texas he is a first time offender on a shaky charge. As you correctly point out, the concern is the league more than the charge, thats why the NFLPA's argument is noteworthy
How do you know they are being paid upfront?  He might tell them he will pay them a certain percentage up front, and the other when it is all said and done.  What is his lawyer and Talib do not see eye to eye further down the road? 

We are arguing nonsense.  But what I do know is that he is an idiot, wether I know his past or not.  NOBODY can argue that, and shell casing being found indicate a pursuit and shoot deal was occuring.  Damning as all hell.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 04, 2012, 04:35:22 PM

Not good for Talib.

How do you know they are being paid upfront?  He might tell them he will pay them a certain percentage up front, and the other when it is all said and done.  What is his lawyer and Talib do not see eye to eye further down the road? 

We are arguing nonsense.  But what I do know is that he is an idiot, wether I know his past or not.  NOBODY can argue that, and shell casing being found indicate a pursuit and shoot deal was occuring.  Damning as all hell.

You think defense lawyers allow criminals to pay after the fact? Does not typically work that way, thats all I meant.  Anyway, we'll see what happens
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: "Talib may be immune to Goodell's wrath." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools