Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: "Talib may be immune to Goodell's wrath." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 04, 2012, 04:37:41 PM

How can Talib escape a dictators wrath? Goodell doesn't give a F***!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2012, 04:45:19 PM

A lot of straight up BS in this thread. Talib is not the one pushing to have this case move forward without a plea. A plea is the same thing as admitting guilt and with such shaky evidence and accounts from a career criminal as one of the only witness accounts against Talib, It would make any sense for Talib and his lawyer not to fight it.

Add in that if he pleas, the admission of guilt allow Goodell to bring down the hammer. If he founf innocent, it leaves Goodell in a very hard spot as he would be suspending a guy for something he was found innocent of. A crime that was reported to be him defending a family member even if Goodell feels he did it. Thats a huge can of worms and a PR nightmare for the NFL and Goodell.

Before spouting off all of this hypothetical garbage, at least try to have a basic understanding on how the judicial system woorks. It just makes you look foolish when you make comments that are just impossible or down right stupid when it comes to how the court systems work.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

jizzy_22

Starter

#17 : May 04, 2012, 04:45:19 PM

I don't understand why fans don't want this guy on the team he is one of the best players on the team and if you ask other players he played with they will all tell you that he is a great teammate...yes he has had problems with his attitude but when you get him around the right people he seems to be ok..just saying i dont get why people dont want this guy on the team when he clearly is our best CB

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 04, 2012, 04:46:54 PM

If Talib's counsel actually believed that he would have already struck a plea

dumb.....just flat out stupid. You think hes going to admit guilt and still get away from Goodell? really? If hes found innocent, there is a very good chance Goodell does nothing. If he just admits guilt and settles, he definitely going to be suspended.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2012, 04:49:13 PM

From what I have read, shell casing were found AWAY from the actual scene of the initial confrontation, lending dredence to the pursuit and shoot.

How is that anything but bad news for Talib?

Regardless, time will tell.  And he won;t plea because as Tat, that would be silly as hell.  Of course he is going to fight it, if for no other reason than he is a dumbazz, regardless of evidence, IMO.

He realizes prison costs him his career, and admitting anything may still cost him jail time, and a suspension.

Regardless, Talib is screwed.  Goodell will suspend him if comes out unscathed.  Shell casings...what did Billings do?  Pick them up and palce them in antohers driveway?

We don;t know everything, but Talib is a thug, and he will be traded or released soon enough IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2012, 04:50:10 PM

Man, I really need to slow down when typing...ha ha ha!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 04, 2012, 04:50:25 PM

Lawyers do not care about Talib getting off...they want to get paid.  A high profile case like this is good for their rep, but not as good as the money they will receive.

It is well known Talib is a thug, so even if they lose, it isn't like people are going to say the Lawyers stunk...espescially when it is revealed he wanted to push the matter.

And pleabargaining in Talibs case is not good.  He will be suspended most definitely, and for how long is anyones guess.  I think more than 4 games myself.  He has a rep in the NFL as being a loser already....Goodell might want to slam him with 8 games.  I mean the guy can't even stay out of Stadiums when he is told not to...

What a total idiot.  He just doesn't care.

Shooting guns in Texas in Garland (a nice suburb) is not a good idea.  Talib is in trouble.  And shellcasings found in a driveway are damning evidence he pursued and tried to shoot and kill...

Not good for Talib.

What would the plea deal be anyways?  One year in jail and probabtion?  6 months and probation?  I doubt it would be probation straight up...

Lawyers DO care if he gets off. Texas has a ridiculous conviction rate and if they get him off, it bodes well for their record.

Gun casing mean nothing unless the gun and the firing of the gun can legitimately be linked to Talib. So far, there has been nothing to suggest this except a couple witness accounts(one a bigger thug than Talib) and 15 others who say contradictory to that statement.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 04, 2012, 04:53:11 PM

So we are to assume that Talibs mother went after Billings?  By ALL accounts, Talib took the gun from his mother.  What he did with it afterwards is anyones guess (aside from trying to pistolwhip Billings, which is still a no-no).

Talib is screwed.  We'll see.

If not, good for us.  He will have trade value then.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 04, 2012, 04:55:17 PM

A lot of the conviction rates are from arguing before the case hits grand jury.

A trial jury conviction is nice, but nobody would care if Talib goes to prison.  They wouldn;t be suprised one iota.

It won;t matter, the lawyer Talib has is most likely a high end lawyer anyways.  He is still going to get his clients, and his success to fail rate will not change all that much.

As long as dude gets paid, and a little media exposure, he wins regardless.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 04, 2012, 04:55:19 PM

I don't understand why fans don't want this guy on the team he is one of the best players on the team and if you ask other players he played with they will all tell you that he is a great teammate...yes he has had problems with his attitude but when you get him around the right people he seems to be ok..just saying i dont get why people dont want this guy on the team when he clearly is our best CB

I hear ya..  I'm all for second and third chances and am usually the last person to say kick him off the team after a mistake. But with the cab driver, shooting, all the on-field stuff and the fact that he is not really playing all that great, at least last year I wouldn't mind them dropping him. He is not worth the trouble really and is capable of doing something stupid at any moment, putting us in a bad situation again. If he is found innocent he will play out his contract and be gone next year, which I'm fine with considering the state of our CBs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 04, 2012, 04:57:05 PM

And Talibs mother is a felon already, so having a handgum and shooting it is going to get her a load of time in prison.  Do you think if Talib is forced to choose between 3 years for himself, or 10-15 for his mother, do youthink he will bury her?

If so, again...he is a scumbag.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 04, 2012, 05:07:44 PM

Boid, take away your pesonal feeling for two minutes and actually look at the freaking law. Your opinion is overriding any sort of logic on how the law works. A casing being further away does nothing to finger Talib as the shooter. you also must weigh the eyewitness accounts of 13 people vs 2. Add in no gun powder residue, theres nothing but a career felon putting the gun in Talibs hand. Talibs mothers statement are vague and never said with any certainty that talib did anything.

Talib may have done it and I wouldnt put it past him. It all boils down to what the court can prove though. All the reports Ive read(every single one since it hit the public) do not have enough evidence to convict. Take it from someone who has several lawyers in the family, the prosecutors really have their work cut out for them unless they evidence that hasnt gone public.

They have to prove he did it beyond a shadow of a doubt. they have to be able to prove the gun was in his hand and he shot at him. The evidence they have released does not do that regardless of what you think about the situation. That doesnt mean Im defending talib or that he doesnt suck, but Im not going to let that cloud how the legal system works.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 04, 2012, 05:20:23 PM

Who shot the gun?

The absence of GSR is not the biggest piece of evidence that is lacking.  The shell casing exists, and shots were fired.  And Talib dissapeared for a few days, doesn't make him look good while his mother sat in the cell.  So who shot the gun?  Who?

And whoever shot it, did so outside thier private property so they pursued and shot.

Who did that?  Talibs mother?  All it takes is one witness.  So again, if Talibs mother shot the gun, she is outta here...sayonara, clink time.  For a while, considering her felon status and her firing a handgun at someone is a major no-no.  Talib will have no mother for many many years, at leasta mother that isn;t behind a turnkeys supervision.

Proof so far:  shell casings found.  Talibs mother is vague on whi shot the gun.  Talib could not be found, and someone said they did see him shoot the gun.  The others may not have, but how many of them were standing around watching it all boil down?

We know for certainty that either Talibs mother, a FELON did the deed, or Talib did it after trying to pistolwhip Shannon Billings.  Scumbag or not, it is regardless of the fact that bullets were fired.

One or the other did it.  My hunch is Talib did it, and he is toast.  Nothing has changed my opinion on the matter.  The fact there was a witness, and evidence left behind...well...doesn;t look good for Talib.  Unless he is truly willing to throw his mother under the bus for a very very long time.  And at that point, Schiano wil want nothing to do with that evil bastard anyway.

He is done for.  We'll see.

Okolo talib isn;t exactly a word of shining light, so what she says isn;t to be taken with much seriousness anyway.  She has flipped her story, and that doesn't look good no matter what.
: May 04, 2012, 05:21:56 PM Boid Fink

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 04, 2012, 05:24:19 PM

"Beyond a reasonable doubt"

there is reasonable doubt, and enough to convict talib, IMO.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 04, 2012, 05:50:01 PM

"Beyond a reasonable doubt"

there is reasonable doubt, and enough to convict talib, IMO.

If there's reasonable doubt he shouldn't be convicted.

I don't know if he'll be convicted or not but a plea wouldn't work in his immediate favor from a football standpoint. That much I do know.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: "Talib may be immune to Goodell's wrath." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools