Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: George Carlin « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: May 05, 2012, 06:30:08 AM

George Carlin sells used cars at the Trade Zone in Hackettstown NJ. The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. Strange (but fun) experience buying a car from him. He lives 3 minutes away from his car lot (has a dog and loves golf) and swears he just looks George Carlin, but I know George Carlin when I see him. As I'm leaving he's telling another customer that 200,000 miles is a lot of miles and that's why the car is so cheap. I'm thinking that where this guy comes from, 200,000 miles on a car is nothing. Carlin hasn't changed. He still tells the truth as he sees it. It's ironic, but fitting, that his second career is as a used car salesman.

If you go to see him, he goes by David (not Dave) now. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 05, 2012, 06:32:22 AM

Carlin was hilarious. I miss his stuff.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 05, 2012, 03:18:00 PM

One of the greatest comedians ever. Shame he couldnt live forever.

Not sure what this weird ass post has to do with anything. Dude is dead.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 05, 2012, 03:35:58 PM

A tad odd isn't it - Carlin the comedian passed in 2008 or 2009 as I recall

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 05, 2012, 10:41:34 PM

One of the greatest comedians ever. Shame he couldnt live forever.

Not sure what this weird ass post has to do with anything. Dude is dead.

Maybe.........maybe not.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 06, 2012, 08:27:36 AM

Reincarnation?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 07, 2012, 03:25:27 PM

David said his older brother went to HS with George Carlin. I think George Carlin's dad really got around the neighborhood. The resemblance is too good to be a coincidence.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 07, 2012, 06:08:02 PM

You are far more convincing with the George W. Bush hatred skit.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 10, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

I don't hate Bush. I do hate what he did and the embarrassment he was to the world. It makes Americans look like idiots for extending his term for four more years. Bush stole his first term, but we have no excuse for his second.  Bush guaranteed a Democratic victory to follow his pathetic administration. Americans would have elected ANYBODY. It just happened to be an intelligent, well-spoken, black man.

If given the choice between George W. Bush and George Carlin (or even David, the New Jersey used car salesman) for President, either of the latter would win by a landslide. The republican party would reject him. Bush was a one man walking depression. He shamed our great nation, but it appears you love him anyway. It does indicate where your priorities are.

Oh,........ and I don't do skits.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 10, 2012, 08:07:48 PM

Yea - you do.  And they don't play very well because too much is easily refuted.  But clearly you do say what you want to, whenever the feeling hits you. 

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 10, 2012, 10:17:17 PM

And they don't play very well because too much is easily refuted. 

Then go ahead and refute it!

GWB was a war mongering piece of crap that plunged this country into a living hell.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 11, 2012, 05:39:18 PM

And they don't play very well because too much is easily refuted. 

Then go ahead and refute it!

GWB was a war mongering piece of crap that plunged this country into a living hell.
The refuting took place - sorry you missed it.

#12 : May 12, 2012, 12:38:48 AM

I don't hate Bush. I do hate what he did and the embarrassment he was to the world. It makes Americans look like idiots for extending his term for four more years. Bush stole his first term, but we have no excuse for his second.  Bush guaranteed a Democratic victory to follow his pathetic administration. Americans would have elected ANYBODY. It just happened to be an intelligent, well-spoken, black man.

If given the choice between George W. Bush and George Carlin (or even David, the New Jersey used car salesman) for President, either of the latter would win by a landslide. The republican party would reject him. Bush was a one man walking depression. He shamed our great nation, but it appears you love him anyway. It does indicate where your priorities are.

Oh,........ and I don't do skits.

George Carlin would've told you that elections are rigged.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 12, 2012, 09:30:40 AM

George Carlin sells used cars at the Trade Zone in Hackettstown NJ. The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. Strange (but fun) experience buying a car from him. He lives 3 minutes away from his car lot (has a dog and loves golf) and swears he just looks George Carlin, but I know George Carlin when I see him. As I'm leaving he's telling another customer that 200,000 miles is a lot of miles and that's why the car is so cheap. I'm thinking that where this guy comes from, 200,000 miles on a car is nothing. Carlin hasn't changed. He still tells the truth as he sees it. It's ironic, but fitting, that his second career is as a used car salesman.

Holy crap.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 13, 2012, 12:32:46 PM

David said his older brother went to HS with George Carlin. I think George Carlin's dad really got around the neighborhood. The resemblance is too good to be a coincidence.

lol, he stops by to have random conversations with a car salesman and cant get a picture.

maybe, maybe not? hahaha, I just ran into Tupac yesterday. He works at starbucs and got his thug life tattoo covered with a giant briefcase that says "all business."

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: George Carlin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools