Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Franchise - Is Josh Freeman the guy for Tampa Bay? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 06, 2012, 01:50:29 AM

It's a tough situation to be in right now. If the Bucs go 8-8 and Freeman is around the 17th best QB in the NFL, what do we know? We're better off if he's great or awful. The middle only can lead to wasted time.
Josh, step up, bro. You have the weapons. It's time.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 06, 2012, 01:50:51 AM

People like to make excuses for Freeman. He's going into his FOURTH season. He's already had 2.5 years of playing time. If he can't prove he's in the top THIRD of the league among starting QBs this year, then he probably isn't the long-term answer for us. Is that too much to ask? I didn't say top five. That means around 11th best QB in the NFL.
Throw away Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, maybe even Flacco, Newton, Stafford.
Can you be better than Ryan, Bradford, Smith, Sanchez? Better than Kolb, Vick, Romo? Right now it's very tough to imagine. But we need answers, not excuses.
2011 shouldn't even count as the regression was team-wide.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 06, 2012, 01:54:04 AM

It's a tough situation to be in right now. If the Bucs go 8-8 and Freeman is around the 17th best QB in the NFL, what do we know? We're better off if he's great or awful. The middle only can lead to wasted time.
But it IS his first year in a new scheme. Like it or not there WILL be some erroneous things because of that. 

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 06, 2012, 02:01:54 AM

"I can't root for Freeman. He is too tall"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : May 06, 2012, 02:23:22 AM

Not too tall, too big overall.   He's bigger than the defensive linemen.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 06, 2012, 02:42:59 AM

Not too tall, too big overall.   He's bigger than the defensive linemen.

Not that you were paying attention or anything, beyond your normal selfgratification, but JF has slimmed down a lot this offseason.

Whoops.. I guess you will now go back to "too tall...?"  ;)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 06, 2012, 02:48:59 AM

I'm really curious to see if his playing style has changed with the weight loss.   We'll see...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 06, 2012, 12:22:20 PM

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 06, 2012, 12:30:50 PM

LOL
HA HA HA!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 06, 2012, 12:42:41 PM

But it IS his first year in a new scheme. Like it or not there WILL be some erroneous things because of that.
OK, we can use that excuse too. Use any excuse you like, but meet THIS criteria. In the second HALF of 2012, will Freeman be one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL? Let him finish 16th overall, but give him a half season and then what does he do? You give him enough passes and the guy will be in his sixth season already. I can see it now. Freeman throws for 3,700 yards, 24 TDs and 15 INTs and we go 8-8. But then he gets hurt early in 2013. That gives him 2014 whereupon he goes 3,500 with 22 and 18. People will say ''Well, he missed a full year. Give him time.'' Then what? He has a bad year in 2015 and then finally you draft a new QB in 2016? That means essentially you would have given him SEVEN years to prove he's not a franchise QB. That's ludicrous, but very conceivable given how this is playing out.

In Verner We Trust

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 06, 2012, 12:51:11 PM

Every time he says that it does make me chuckle.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 06, 2012, 01:03:29 PM

Every time he says that it does make me chuckle.

You must not chuckle much then because I have never said that.  Not even once.    I have said he's too big, but not too tall.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 06, 2012, 01:03:43 PM

Needed another vote option. Jury is still out.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 06, 2012, 01:06:29 PM

Needed another vote option. Jury is still out.

Exactly.   This poll is ridiculous.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 06, 2012, 01:08:37 PM

I'm NOT buying a new Nike 'Freeman' jersey yet.

He still could be a RaheemBust. Looked like dog **CENSORED** a lot of last season.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Franchise - Is Josh Freeman the guy for Tampa Bay? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools