Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers sign LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 06, 2012, 11:16:55 PM

You know this is the part that pisses me off.

We could have signed Kellen Moore.

A real legitimate threat to make the roster and be a back up.

But no we sign Jordan Jefferson..A lesser weaker crappier version of JaMarcus Russell.

Jefferson is a loser. He won't amount to ANYTHING.

You're right....this whole off-season has been a sham! They should just quit now!

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#16 : May 06, 2012, 11:22:38 PM

Hahahaha appreciate it .... Now even though my grammar seems wacky do u beleive me just a little lol, why my gammar may be off my sources are right on... Maybe just a little to think about for future post from me aka the "mah source" guy Hahaha thank you guys you've made me feel very welcome to post here, just remeber my sources are legit.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 06, 2012, 11:24:24 PM

But no we sign Jordan Jefferson..A lesser weaker crappier version of JaMarcus Russell.

You're right....this whole off-season has been a sham! They should just quit now!

Back up QB was one of the things that I really wanted to see upgraded.

Orlovsky is no upgrade.

Kellen Moore is a good player. And I feel like he could be a starter in the future.

If Tebow can be considered a starter...why can't Kellen?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 06, 2012, 11:25:21 PM

Hahahaha appreciate it .... Now even though my grammar seems wacky do u beleive me just a little lol, why my gammar may be off my sources are right on... Maybe just a little to think about for future post from me aka the "mah source" guy Hahaha thank you guys you've made me feel very welcome to post here, just remeber my sources are legit.

Tooting your own horn about a camp body fodder signing?

You didn't break anything major. In fact, this is barely news.

OnceABuccAlwayzABucc

Second String

#19 : May 06, 2012, 11:27:10 PM

You'll see ..... I'm hearing jj impressed big.time, team looking at goal line wildcat options hmmmm just a heads up, camp body not jj will make final roster as insurance to free and Orvolosky BANK ON IT!!!

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 06, 2012, 11:45:02 PM

Orlovsky is no upgrade.

Kellen Moore is a good player. And I feel like he could be a starter in the future.

I don't disagree that Kellen Moore was worthy of a look...I personally am not a big Orlovsky fan either but he was able to show somewhat favorably with the lowly Colts at the end of last season. Hopefully NO backup QBs are required this season but on the other hand, if Orlovsky beats out whatever competition for 2nd string then it will be on his own merits and not because he was GIVEN the position. Which segueways to my other point...which is that Schiano gives me the impression that he has no agendas coming in other than to get the best players on the field so just because Orlovsky looks like the only legitimate veteran backup on the squad doesn't mean that there isn't a constant evaluation happening......I wouldn't say anything is static leading up to the beginning of the season. I expect that today's hero will quickly become tomorrow's goat and vice versa....tabula rasa!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 07, 2012, 07:47:13 AM

Kellen Moore has a ridiculously weak arm . He is never going to be a starter in this league , or anything close to it. He is Colt Brennan Part II

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 07, 2012, 09:39:17 AM

Jefferson isn't nearly as bad of a signing as some are making it out to be. So he's like Jamarcus russel? I remember before that fatass had a sizzurp problem he knocked our asses right out of the playoffs. So yes the kid has some red flags but these are the types of risks you take on depth.

Also the one guy straight up sounds like kellen moore's girlfriend.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 07, 2012, 09:50:36 AM

Orlovsky is no upgrade.

Because kellen is 6 ft 190 pounds and throws about as hard as my little sister.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 07, 2012, 09:52:27 AM

If Jefferson makes the team I will be shocked.  He is awful. 

I am also sick of seeing our first round FRANCHISE QB come off the field on gimmick plays.  You don;t see Stafford, Brees or Rodgers coming off the field, in lieu of the backups.

It was stupid to do so then, it would be stupid to do so now.

If they stick Jordan Jefferson in at the goalline, I will puke and write off Sully and company as a group of idiots rather quickly.

Freeman is a beast.  Goal line package sub?  Are you outta your skull?!?!?!?!?!?!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 07, 2012, 10:18:28 AM

Crash test dummy for camp. That is all. They need someone to simulate Cam Newton maybe.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 07, 2012, 10:18:46 AM

I like Kellen Moore but if hes gonna make it on a NFL team it will be for one of the teams that runs a west coast offense or maybe the Patriots with their yards after the catch offense.

He would not make our team mainly because he does not have the arm to throw the ball downfield. If you can't throw it downfield how the hell do we take shots?

Im not a fan of Jefferson at all but at least he has a big arm and may develop into something. And he can be our Mohamed Sanu in the wildcat that Schiano ran at Rutgers.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 07, 2012, 10:28:24 AM

Looks like you all missed the point of this signing.

Schiano said that Jordan was far from developed as a QB, but the potential was there. They want someone they feel they can mold into a better player and coach said he looked better every practice.

No one said anything about sub-packages, or any of that hooplah. Even if Sully were to use him sparingly, to call for his head would be extremely stupid. We have no backup to Freeman, I'd rather that guy be someone we can coach than Orlovsky 

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 07, 2012, 12:59:18 PM

You'll see ..... I'm hearing jj impressed big.time, team looking at goal line wildcat options hmmmm just a heads up, camp body not jj will make final roster as insurance to free and Orvolosky BANK ON IT!!!
So you are saying Beetles, that no one said anything about it?

Looks like you all missed the point of this signing.

Schiano said that Jordan was far from developed as a QB, but the potential was there. They want someone they feel they can mold into a better player and coach said he looked better every practice.

No one said anything about sub-packages, or any of that hooplah. Even if Sully were to use him sparingly, to call for his head would be extremely stupid. We have no backup to Freeman, I'd rather that guy be someone we can coach than Orlovsky 
Looks like you need to read more precisely.

And as a matter of fact, I was also referencing Olson and his penchant for pulling Freeman off the field on some plays.  Which is ridiculous.  You don;t pull your franchise QB off the field for any reason other than injury.  Watching him line up at WR, or watching JJ run a fourth down and short wildcat was just stupid.

Maybe not to you it isn't, but to an old cat like me, it sure reeks of D-U-M-B.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 07, 2012, 01:05:05 PM

Quote from: youngone
Crash test dummy for camp. That is all. They need someone to simulate Cam Newton maybe.

Not much is said of the importance of having a highly mobile scout QB. If I'm not mistaken, we lost Michael Spurlock (Former College QB) and obviously Josh Johnson. With QBs like Michael Vick (Week 14), Cam Newton(Week 1 & 11), Robert Griffin (Week 4), I count 4 games or 1/4 of our schedule next season against legitimate dual-threat quarterbacks.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers sign LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools