Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gerald McCoy's Fan-Movie Event « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucD

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 05, 2012, 11:05:35 AM

It was a great time.  Gerald was awesome and so was Clayborn and Hayward.  Got into the lines and was giving everyone high fives and signing autographs.

Even without pads Clayborn is a beast man.

Oh yea and the movie was awesome too.  Lol

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 05, 2012, 11:15:18 AM

Movie was great. Waited in line for jus shy of two hours though while the players sign autographs and took pics. Think I would have rather just paid for the tickets and gone right in!

One thing I noticed, seeing McCoy and Clayborn side by side....Clayborn is bigger. That was shocking to me.

One funny thing, they had Mosis Madu there taking pics and signing autographs and nobody knew or cared who he was! lol

Draft Aaron Donald

MarineBuc

Starter

#17 : May 05, 2012, 12:07:48 PM

A Ton of fun...great movie. Adam Hayward and Gerald McCoy got there early and were very gracious and spent a ton of time with the fans.

JDouble...I know most fans don't know or care about Madu...but as an Oklahoma fan it was really cool to see him, and get a chance to talk to him. He knows with the way the Bucs drafted...he has got to work his azz off.

: May 05, 2012, 12:19:21 PM MarineBuc

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 05, 2012, 12:11:39 PM

Pics aren't showing for me, Marine.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 05, 2012, 02:02:18 PM

Madu was really nice. We chatted with him for a bit. I made a joke about how it's not a good sign that he didn't get the new jersey (the other three were wearing the new Nike jerseys) and he laughed politely. Hayward stole the show, from our perspective. He was friendly, funny, engaging and clearly enjoyed the experience. I'm a big Clayborn fan and I liked how hard it was for him to smile. That's what I want out of a defensive lineman! And McCoy put it all together and obviously enjoys hanging with the fans and was genuinely excited for the movie.

He made a nice comment right before the movie for people to remember to pick each other up rather than bring others down, tying it in with Junior Seau's suicide. My girlfriend doesn't know any of these people and that made her a fan.

Our friend got pictures with and autographs from all four guys. I'm not much of an autograph guy, but I couldn't help getting Clayborn to autograph the Bucs flag that will hang in my office.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 05, 2012, 02:06:03 PM

A Ton of fun...great movie. Adam Hayward and Gerald McCoy got there early and were very gracious and spent a ton of time with the fans.

JDouble...I know most fans don't know or care about Madu...but as an Oklahoma fan it was really cool to see him, and get a chance to talk to him. He knows with the way the Bucs drafted...he has got to work his azz off.

Cool pics.

You are a pretty big dude yourself Marine!

Hooah!

RiotHeart

Starter

#21 : May 05, 2012, 02:10:22 PM

Not to self, do not give Hayward a microphone.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 05, 2012, 02:32:32 PM

Boomer.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

TSKAD72

Starter
#23 : May 05, 2012, 02:42:50 PM

I was there as well. McCoy was extremely friendly and took pictures with anyone who wanted them. Hayward and Madu also made their way around the lines and chatted with fans. The guys next to me in line had a nice talk with Madu, who was down to earth and honest. When asked about Schiano, Madu replied: "That guy's a hardass. We're organized and ready to work." (went on a little, only had good things to say about him). He also was asked about the addition of two running backs through the draft, to which he replied by saying that competition brings out the best in everyone and at that level you can't be afraid of competition. A very cool guy.

Clayborn showed up later (around 6:45ish) but was also very cordial. He was definitely the quietest of all the players, but he was taking pictures and signing autographs. Overall a very nice event to give back to the fans.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 05, 2012, 02:45:22 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention the best line. Someone asked Hayward where Schiano was, "He's yelling at a bunch of rookies. They get to experience what we've gone through the last month."

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 05, 2012, 02:45:26 PM

Chiefs management makes the players go out on Friday and mingle with the players.

No wonder they have a npoisy and loyal fanbase.

This sort of thing should happen more often.  It helps build community love for the team.

TSKAD72

Starter
#26 : May 05, 2012, 03:22:27 PM

Chiefs management makes the players go out on Friday and mingle with the players.

No wonder they have a npoisy and loyal fanbase.

This sort of thing should happen more often.  It helps build community love for the team.

I doubt the Chiefs organization buys out an entire movie theater for a blockbuster film on opening night and provides free tickets, popcorn, and drinks to the fans. I don't care what way you slice it, it was a pleasant experience and I appreciate the Buccanner organization for recognizing their fans and giving back a little. Classy move. You were free to mingle with many players and even the head coach last year; all you had to do was go out to the local watering holes and wait for them to show up. I do think this team will be more involved with the community under Schiano, though (not via nightclubs, either).

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 05, 2012, 03:45:19 PM

Awesome pics and play by play guys! Thanks for sharing.

Marine looks like he strapped up for a few seasons in his high school/college days.lol

Keep the pics comin for those of us who missed out and big ups to McCoy and the gang for pulling this off.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

MarineBuc

Starter

#28 : May 05, 2012, 07:33:06 PM

Boomer.

SOONER!

MarineBuc

Starter

#29 : May 07, 2012, 06:55:28 AM

The Buccaneers "official" video

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Movie-Night-with-Gerald-McCoy-The-Avengers/55dfdebb-9367-460f-8e65-6243d12b1495

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gerald McCoy's Fan-Movie Event « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools