Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tiquan Underwood agrees to terms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 07, 2012, 08:40:25 PM

J, I think Gibson and Underwood have good chances to make the roster. Not locks by any means, but a chance.

Pretty sure that 400k guarantee makes Gibson a lock.
You never know. Like everyone else I want the best players on the team. But having seen Underwood at his best, I would like to see him perform that way for the Bucs. Interesting tidbit: Underwood, when he was in high school at Notre Dame, was considered the best all-around track athlete in New Jersey. He was a 24-foot long jumper, 49-foot triple jumper, state record holder in the 400 and 110 high hurdles. But he comes from one of the best hurdling counties in the United States and can only be considered one of the four best ever there (Mercer County). One of the other four is active right now (Jermaine Collier of Trenton High). The other two (Dudley Dorival and Todd Matthews) were both Olympians.

In Verner We Trust

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 07, 2012, 08:46:38 PM

Says here 11 catches, 141 yards  in 16 games as a Patriot...
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-agree-terms-former-rutgers-wr-tiquan-underwood

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 07, 2012, 09:05:49 PM

NDY, those numbers make him a credible No. 4 or 5 WR. He's had his good moments. But compared to where he was as a junior at Rutgers, he's underachieved.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 07, 2012, 09:09:00 PM

Some guys just need the right situation to excel. You just never know.

#34 : May 07, 2012, 09:38:40 PM

This is getting ridiculous now, this guy SUCKS. Wasting roster spots on guys who played for or well against Rutgers (who didn't?)

Right, because as we all know, the way the Bucs have been drafting and signing free agents has been so fantastic...........
: May 07, 2012, 09:46:36 PM mtnman

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 07, 2012, 09:53:18 PM

He has more career kick returns than receptions, so maybe they see him as returner possibly.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 07, 2012, 09:55:09 PM

He has more career kick returns than receptions, so maybe they see him as returner possibly.

Add him and Michael Smith to the list of guys competing to return kicks.  Stroughter has to be back in the mix as well.  Nothing wrong with lots of competition

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 07, 2012, 10:05:11 PM

If you are worried he will hang on to these guys too long, then why did he already let Girault go?

I think that anybody in camp is fine by me.  I'll wait till the final 53 to make any judgement on overall talent evaluation.

Trust and Loyalty may be big concepts for Coach S., but we'll see how he does with the accountability in a few months.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 07, 2012, 10:13:50 PM

If you are worried he will hang on to these guys too long, then why did he already let Girault go?

I think that anybody in camp is fine by me.  I'll wait till the final 53 to make any judgement on overall talent evaluation.

Trust and Loyalty may be big concepts for Coach S., but we'll see how he does with the accountability in a few months.
+1

We're talking about bringing in guys who have little chance of making the final 53--every team brings in these type of guys. At the very least, Schiano is bringing in guys who will help him set the culture for the new regime during training camp.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 07, 2012, 10:18:56 PM

Why did Bellicheat release rift before the Superbowl?  That was cold blooded.

He had to do something to piss him off.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 07, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

Underwood was too much of a BuccaneerMan for Bellichik too handle.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 07, 2012, 10:24:34 PM

Why did Bellicheat release rift before the Superbowl?  That was cold blooded.

He had to do something to piss him off.

I don't think Tiquan did anything, they needed the roster spot for OchoStinko,  IIRC.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 07, 2012, 10:29:48 PM

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if Tiquan makes our team and we make it to the Super Bowl? Just saying.

In Verner We Trust

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 07, 2012, 10:30:45 PM

This doesn't upset me. I doubt all these guys make the final 53, but these are all guys that Schiano knows have bought in to his philosophy. They will help show the rest of the guys what Schiano expects out of his players. Coach is trying to change the culture and having all these Rutger guys in camp helps him do that. With 37 extra spots during the summer, it doesn't hurt to have these guys around. If they actually all make the final 53....then I'd have a problem, but that ain't gonna happen.

Egg-zactly

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 07, 2012, 10:34:12 PM

I don't see what the problem is with bringing in Underwood. It's not like they signed me to play WR. They signed a guy that was on the Patriots roster for most of last season. To compete in training camp.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tiquan Underwood agrees to terms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools