Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Josh Freeman Slimmed Down To Get Better" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 09, 2012, 07:28:11 PM

I would think this will be beneficial to some extent - last year Josh looked sluggish.  And I recall Sapp not playing well when he lost weight.  While they play different positions it's not like Illuminator said he wouldn't play well.  It was an observation - nothing more ;)

Might just be an observation.. IMO its apples and oranges though.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 09, 2012, 07:33:55 PM

I would think this will be beneficial to some extent - last year Josh looked sluggish.  And I recall Sapp not playing well when he lost weight.  While they play different positions it's not like Illuminator said he wouldn't play well.  It was an observation - nothing more ;)

Might just be an observation.. IMO its apples and oranges though.
Recognized that opinion in your first post.  :D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 09, 2012, 07:41:19 PM

Its just Illuminator being......well Illuminator. Seeing Free this focused can't be seen as anything other than positive.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : May 09, 2012, 07:52:39 PM

Some people's bodies metabolize fat better than others. For those people, a little bit of extra fat can really help their endurance.

Lol. Poor JDubya. He thinks it takes two hours to make him look dumb...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#19 : May 09, 2012, 10:14:52 PM

I think its great, freeman needs to play to his strengths, during his best season he was second in rushing yards to only mike vick. I remember a moment last year against Atlanta when he could have ran it in for a touchdown but threw it instead resulting in an INT. I think the new playbook is going to play to his strengths. Play action, utilize mobility and take shots down field.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 09, 2012, 10:22:51 PM

i think sometimes the more an athletic QB learns the playbook, the more it can hinder them.  maybe last season he moved through his progressions too quickly resulting in the many checkdowns?  maybe in 2010 he trusted more in himself to make plays (jump balls to mike will, scrambling) rather than being more "robotic" as a NFL QB is thought to be.   not saying this is exactly what happened, just throwing out possibilities.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 09, 2012, 10:31:10 PM

And we'll never know how much Olsen played into Josh's regression. Freeman looked like he just didn't want to run last year. Either he or Olsen (or both) didn't realize how much Freeman's running helped free up our receivers downfield the previous season as defenses adjusted to his movement. Staying in the pocket made no sense, as last year's receivers just weren't all that good on their own, so weren't getting open. Besides, Josh looks to me to have BETTER accuracy when he's on the move than when he's standing still in the pocket.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 09, 2012, 10:31:16 PM

Good thoughts GT - we will see where this takes us..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bashear

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 09, 2012, 11:27:13 PM

He's looked great in recent photos. Recently, I watched 2010 highlights, and I hope he can regain, and surpass, his play from the "special year."

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 09, 2012, 11:34:48 PM

He's looked great in recent photos. Recently, I watched 2010 highlights, and I hope he can regain, and surpass, his play from the "special year."
Wouldn't that be something.  We'd need a semi trailer full of crow just for folks on this board

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 09, 2012, 11:48:19 PM

He's motivated to be the best. Thats all I need to know to back him 110%.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 09, 2012, 11:54:33 PM

If it's a byproduct of him working hard in the offseason and not a direct attempt to get on a Paris runway then I'm good with it....I think most of his problems last season were cerebral anyway.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 10, 2012, 12:14:41 AM

Just have to wait and see how it works out. They always wanted Sapp to slim down but he didn't play as well when he did it.

Do you think they wanted Freeman to slim down?

Do you think it will improve Freeman's play?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 10, 2012, 11:06:35 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f9e78/article/josh-freeman-slimmed-down-to-get-better-bucs-dominik-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has lost roughly 20 pounds in an effort to become more mobile and bounce back from a down season in 2011, according to general manager Mark Dominik.

Dominik said that Freeman's weight loss was completely voluntary, and no coach or trainer recommended he shed weight. Dominik added that Freeman has slimmed down mainly by changing his diet.

Nope, nope, that's right. Nobody told him to lose weight. They did, however, replace all the XL jerseys in his locker with L's. Call it a subtle hint, if you will, but nobody told him to lose any weight.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 10, 2012, 11:13:57 AM

Great sign for 2012! I expect Freeman to bounce back strong with improved coaching and personnel.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Josh Freeman Slimmed Down To Get Better" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools