Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Josh Freeman Slimmed Down To Get Better" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : May 11, 2012, 01:45:03 PM

I'm not sure if you're trying to troll now or just need people to constantly reaffirm your belief that the old coaching staff was incompetent, which is pretty obvious considering every single one of them got fired at conclusion of last season.

Since it's been lost on you, I'm not speaking about the old coaching staff.  I'm talking about people who are still in the building now.

The HC/coaching staff aren't the only people at OBP who should be watchful of things like this.  There are people who were at OBP then and are still there now.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#76 : May 11, 2012, 01:49:08 PM

Important thing is that hes is shape and knows this now. Better now than later right?

Signed

Starter

#77 : May 11, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

Important thing is that hes is shape and knows this now. Better now than later right?

Oh, of course. I don't think it really matters if something was said to Freeman or not about his weight or not; as long as he is committed to improving himself and being the best player he can be then I'm all for it.

Since it's been lost on you, I'm not speaking about the old coaching staff.  I'm talking about people who are still in the building now.

GM? Owners? Media?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#78 : May 11, 2012, 02:33:02 PM

Comparing him to Penn is just ridiculous!

Congrats on missing the point entirely.  It's not about Freeman or Penn, it's about the organization not having someone monitoring their Franchise players properly.

You keep making this claim that no one at OBP noticed and/or mentioned anything to Freeman about his conditioning, but how do you know that nothing was ever said to him or his previous plans just weren't effective?

You're the second person in this thread to make this statement.  Do you people not read the OP?  The GM confirmed it:

Freeman's weight loss was completely voluntary, and no coach or trainer recommended he shed weight. Freeman has slimmed down mainly by changing his diet.

I think no one recommended it because Freeman , although heavier , was still at an acceptable playing weight for the size of his frame and the position he plays. I mean it's not like he was waddling around with a huge beer belly last season . He was bigger but never sloppy out-of-shape like a JaMarcus Russel.

He's simply taken it upon himself to play lighter and be more mobile this season , because he wants to , and I have no problem with that . Hopefully he doesn't lose any of that strength he normally has to shake off tacklers in the pocket.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#79 : May 11, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

Comparing him to Penn is just ridiculous!

Congrats on missing the point entirely.  It's not about Freeman or Penn, it's about the organization not having someone monitoring their Franchise players properly.

You keep making this claim that no one at OBP noticed and/or mentioned anything to Freeman about his conditioning, but how do you know that nothing was ever said to him or his previous plans just weren't effective?

You're the second person in this thread to make this statement.  Do you people not read the OP?  The GM confirmed it:

Freeman's weight loss was completely voluntary, and no coach or trainer recommended he shed weight. Freeman has slimmed down mainly by changing his diet.

I think no one recommended it because Freeman , although heavier , was still at an acceptable playing weight for the size of his frame and the position he plays. I mean it's not like he was waddling around with a huge beer belly last season . He was bigger but never sloppy out-of-shape like a JaMarcus Russel.

He's simply taken it upon himself to play lighter and be more mobile this season , because he wants to , and I have no problem with that . Hopefully he doesn't lose any of that strength he normally has to shake off tacklers in the pocket.

Yea I never thought of him having a weight issue ever. He may have had a bad diet resulting in some sluggishness but he never looked "overweight". Hes obviously eating better and shed some pounds from it and exercise. Good for him. He will be not only sharper out there but more fluid and athletic.

gone

Hall of Famer
#80 : May 11, 2012, 05:29:39 PM

What if the time period he was referring to was from end of last season until now? There was a complete change in coaching staff, Freeman probably lost the weight in between the time the last staff was fired and when he was able to contact the new coaching staff. (Thus, no contact with new staff and no one being able to tell him to lose weight or change his workout habits.)

I'm not sure if you're trying to troll now or just need people to constantly reaffirm your belief that the old coaching staff was incompetent, which is pretty obvious considering every single one of them got fired at conclusion of last season.

You are correct that he is just trolling now.  He is completely ignoring posts that point out there was no staff when Josh started this, that's one big hint.  Just sop givin him attention and it will go away. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : May 12, 2012, 09:27:32 AM

You are correct that he is just trolling now.  He is completely ignoring posts that point out there was no staff when Josh started this, that's one big hint.  Just sop givin him attention and it will go away.

Is there another way to say it's not about the former or current coaching staff in English?  Are you people that dense?  There are people who were in OBP now and are still there now that should answer to these questions.

The organization needs to evaluate itself with regards to player health/nutrition.  For the umpteenth time, that goes beyond the coaching staff.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Josh Freeman Slimmed Down To Get Better" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools