Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: many blacks shrug off Obama's new view on gays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 12, 2012, 03:50:21 PM

I'm sure there are some blacks who will blindly vote for Obama b/c he is black

Some?

No, not some. ALL black people. Right, Spartan?

Every black person who voted for Obama in 2008 or who will vote for him in 2012 only voted/will vote, for him because he is black. Because we all know black people have no critical thinking skills and are only able to see the race of the candidate when deciding on who to vote for.

That what you're trying to say, Spartan?

So there is no middle ground between "some" and "all?"

How's about "many?" Like the "many" African Americans who have gone on record as saying they voted for, and will vote again for America's FIRST BLACK President? Admittedly I think it helps he is a Democrat as I can't see the same blind allegiance to a Black Republican candidate, but it is what it is.

Going for a bike ride now with my girls and black nephew. See ya later!
Why can't he just be your nephew?

To me that's exactly who he is. But Joe was inferring I was racist. He might say he wasn't but he was. I wanted to emphasize that I have multicultural family, including a mixed race brother and sister and the color of ones skin doesn't actually mean a jot to me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 12, 2012, 04:16:12 PM

I think you pointed out he was black because you were overcompensating for your earlier statements.

Don't care what colors your family is made up of. Just curious as to how many more than "some" you think black people voted blindly for the black man?
5%? 10%? 50%?
: May 12, 2012, 04:18:10 PM ufojoe

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 12, 2012, 04:37:08 PM

Historically the voting pattern is very clear, it is the number of folks that are motivated to vote that is the issue. 

Oh yea, there is this as well - http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/226981-poll-majority-say-obamas-gay-marriage-stance-wont-change-their-vote
: May 12, 2012, 04:52:49 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 12, 2012, 04:57:20 PM

So there is no middle ground between "some" and "all?" How's about "many?" Like the "many" African Americans who have gone on record as saying they voted for, and will vote again for America's FIRST BLACK President?

"Some" described it fine. Why did you feel the need to correct it? What's the middle ground? Tell us how MANY you think voted for him blindly. How MANY have gone on record? You have an estimate? Many? How many is that?

A little less than 16 million black people voted in 2008. How many of them have admitted to voting for Obama just because he's black? What does your "many" mean. A few hundred? A few thousand? A million? 5 million? A few dozen on YouTube?

And what option did they have? McCain/Palin? Seriously? You think that might have had some influence on their vote?

BTW, the eligible black voter turnout in 2008 was 5% more than in 2004.

Admittedly I think it helps he is a Democrat as I can't see the same blind allegiance to a Black Republican candidate, but it is what it is.

Admittedly? You didn't have to admit that. Most of us already knew that. Well, maybe not.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 12, 2012, 04:58:03 PM

Historically the voting pattern is very clear, it is the number of folks that are motivated to vote that is the issue. 

Oh yea, there is this as well - http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/226981-poll-majority-say-obamas-gay-marriage-stance-wont-change-their-vote

5% more blacks voted in 2008 than in 2004.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 12, 2012, 05:00:25 PM

I believe the 5% turns out to be around a two million increase from 2004.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1209/racial-ethnic-voters-presidential-election

The levels of participation by black, Hispanic and Asian eligible voters all increased from 2004 to 2008, reducing the voter participation gap between themselves and white eligible voters. This was particularly true for black eligible voters. Their voter turnout rate increased 4.9 percentage points, from 60.3% in 2004 to 65.3% in 2008, nearly matching the voter turnout rate of white eligible voters (66.1%). For Hispanics, participation levels also increased, with the voter turnout rate rising 2.7 percentage points, from 47.2% in 2004 to 49.9% in 2008. Among Asians, voter participation rates increased from 44.6% in 2004 to 47.0% in 2008. Meanwhile, among white eligible voters, the voter turnout rate fell slightly, from 67.2% in 2004 to 66.1% in 2008.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 12, 2012, 05:18:49 PM

blacks, like most colors, had their mind made up before "the announcement". The real question is if Obama's personal views on gay marriage is enough to sway voters.

Another question I'd like to ask the media, if Obama's morality isn't what blacks are interested in from their president, what is? Jobs? Diplomacy?
Me personally, I want my president to protect citizens and the working class from being exploited by big corporations and govs.
Ron Paul baby!

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 12, 2012, 07:16:03 PM

So there is no middle ground between "some" and "all?" How's about "many?" Like the "many" African Americans who have gone on record as saying they voted for, and will vote again for America's FIRST BLACK President?

"Some" described it fine. Why did you feel the need to correct it? What's the middle ground? Tell us how MANY you think voted for him blindly. How MANY have gone on record? You have an estimate? Many? How many is that?

A little less than 16 million black people voted in 2008. How many of them have admitted to voting for Obama just because he's black? What does your "many" mean. A few hundred? A few thousand? A million? 5 million? A few dozen on YouTube?

And what option did they have? McCain/Palin? Seriously? You think that might have had some influence on their vote?

BTW, the eligible black voter turnout in 2008 was 5% more than in 2004.

Admittedly I think it helps he is a Democrat as I can't see the same blind allegiance to a Black Republican candidate, but it is what it is.

Admittedly? You didn't have to admit that. Most of us already knew that. Well, maybe not.

God you're an ass somtimes Joe.

Obama got 95% of the black vote with 2 million more voting than ever before. That is Robert Mugabe territory. Now please logically 'splain to me why that would be so?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#23 : May 12, 2012, 10:10:22 PM

Obama got 95% of the black vote

You won't find a better example of racism than that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 12, 2012, 10:30:50 PM

Obama got 95% of the black vote

You won't find a better example of racism than that.
Really - a quick check on the percentage of blacks that are registered democrat shows the number to be 88% - to pick up another few percentage points from independent or republican ranks isn't to hard to imagine simply because of the excitement Obama brought to the 2008 election with the promises as well as the hope and change mantra.  In the upcoming election it will be interesting to see what groups show up to vote, and if folks will be ready for a change.  As Joe mentioned and supported with an article - a lot will be dependent upon the economy/jobs. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 12, 2012, 11:01:22 PM

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/02/samuel-l-jackson-voted-for-obama-because-hes-black/

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 12, 2012, 11:02:58 PM

For the record, I personal know some african americans who are not voting for Obama b/c of his support of same sex marriage.

I dont' believe that for a second.   They may "say" they are going to do that, but when it comes time to be in the voting booth, they will vote Obama.   
Obama is the only motivation for most blacks to vote. They have to be motivated to get to the voting booth and now that Obama has vocally supported same sex marriage, there will be thousands of black christians who will not be voting this year.

Wanna bet?

Blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat, not based on skin color. Herman Cain got No support from the black community.

What? That can't be true. We all know blacks mindlessly vote for black candidates based solely on the color of there skin, so that must mean that blacks vote for blacks regardless of their political inclinations, right? Oops, I mean more than "some" but less than "all" blacks.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 12, 2012, 11:03:35 PM

Lovie Smith says it's up to African Americans to have Obama's back.     He doesn't say "Americans" he says "African Americans".    Don't you find that a bit absurd?

http://www.therightscoop.com/lovie-smith-blacks-need-to-vote-for-obama/

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 12, 2012, 11:41:05 PM

Lovie Smith says it's up to African Americans to have Obama's back.     He doesn't say "Americans" he says "African Americans".    Don't you find that a bit absurd?

http://www.therightscoop.com/lovie-smith-blacks-need-to-vote-for-obama/
not in the least bit.
lets not forget that Obama is the best man for the job. He cleaned up our image and restored faith in america for our foreign allies.
I see nothing wrong with americans electing the best qualified candidate to represent us overseas and I'm sure blacks are that much more excited to cast their votes for him.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 13, 2012, 12:19:11 AM

[ He cleaned up our image and restored faith in america for our foreign allies.

Curious whether you meant to use a blue font?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: many blacks shrug off Obama's new view on gays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools