Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: many blacks shrug off Obama's new view on gays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 13, 2012, 12:22:47 AM

[ He cleaned up our image and restored faith in america for our foreign allies.

Curious whether you meant to use a blue font?
nope. Obama repaired what GWB broken.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 13, 2012, 12:28:52 AM

[ He cleaned up our image and restored faith in america for our foreign allies.

Curious whether you meant to use a blue font?
nope. Obama repaired what GWB broken.

wow

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 13, 2012, 12:36:41 AM

I'm sure blacks are that much more excited to cast their votes for him.

Because he has the same skin color as them?   

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 13, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

duh

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 13, 2012, 12:51:32 AM

duh

So you are saying that blacks are racist.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 13, 2012, 12:56:06 AM

duh

fail. Try again.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 13, 2012, 01:06:33 AM

duh

fail. Try again.

So if white people vote for a guy just because he's white, or an NFL owner hires a head coach that's white just because he is white, that's ok?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 13, 2012, 01:13:47 AM

It's as stupid as voting along party lines even though the candidate representing your party is as clueless as GWB.

Re-read what I said. Americans should elect Obama b/c he's the most qualified and blacks should be especially proud they can cast a vote for a brotha. Considering the history and all...

What is racist about that?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 13, 2012, 02:59:30 AM

blacks should be especially proud they can cast a vote for a brotha.

That's completely racist.    Whether he's a "brotha" should have nothing to do with the selection.   A man should be judged on his merits regardless of skin color.    The fact is that blacks will vote almost unanimously for their same race, the majority of whites won't do that.    When we get to the point where people don't even consider skin color when they vote, we will have achieved something special.    It seems for the most part whites are already race neutral, but blacks are not.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 13, 2012, 07:48:33 AM

Jave - compare the statement to voting as a person from your home town.  Not racist - not even unusual - more like a civic pride.  And yes, everyone knowing a lot about the issues facing the country/state/county/city/municipality, being conversant on the background and skills of each candidate so they could perform their own individual evaluation, and vote accordingly without the outside influence of anyone would be best.  Suspect you would agree my extreme should balance out your comment so we can look at the middle of this one.  I would not vote for a bad candidate from my home town, but the person from my home town would be the benefit of any and all doubt - especially if I knew and like the person.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 13, 2012, 09:14:36 AM

Blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat, not based on skin color. Herman Cain got No support from the black community.

What? That can't be true. We all know blacks mindlessly vote for black candidates based solely on the color of there skin, so that must mean that blacks vote for blacks regardless of their political inclinations, right? Oops, I mean more than "some" but less than "all" blacks.

So you're argument is they won't blindly vote for Obama because of his color because they always blindly vote democrat?

Though I did mention the fact that they would not vote for a black Republican previously I will raise one topic that would seem to open a big hole in your premise. Turnout.

When millions more black voters turn out than ever before, and they all vote for the first black Democratic President, you honestly think that color is not the driving factor here? I am not going to allege racism like Java but I am going to say that at the very least it dramatically increases enthusiasm and likelihood they will get out and vote.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 13, 2012, 09:40:56 AM

Jave - compare the statement to voting as a person from your home town.  Not racist - not even unusual - more like a civic pride.

Really?   So all white people should only vote for whites out of civic pride?    If that happened, there would never be a black president since blacks only make up 12% of the overall population.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 13, 2012, 11:21:55 AM

Read what I wrote one more time - then if you still have the same question simply let me know and we will discontinue the conversation as there is no communication going on between us on the thoughts. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 13, 2012, 12:15:32 PM

Read what I wrote one more time - then if you still have the same question simply let me know and we will discontinue the conversation as there is no communication going on between us on the thoughts.

That's because you offered a clear and cogent and reasonable thought and Java . . . well  . .  let's say he is interested in something else.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 13, 2012, 12:33:33 PM

Blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat, not based on skin color. Herman Cain got No support from the black community.

What? That can't be true. We all know blacks mindlessly vote for black candidates based solely on the color of there skin, so that must mean that blacks vote for blacks regardless of their political inclinations, right? Oops, I mean more than "some" but less than "all" blacks.

So you're argument is they won't blindly vote for Obama because of his color because they always blindly vote democratic?

If they are voting Democratic because they are indeed, Democrats, how is that a blind vote? Because you don't agree with their politics means that everyone who does is blind? If I as a liberal called you blind and mindless because you only vote for conservatives, how much would you appreciate that characterization?  My guess would be not at all.

They didn't vote for Obama just because he was black. They voted for him because he was a Democrat. The fact that he was black I'm sure didn't hurt, but the fact that they didn't vote in large numbers for Alan Keyes or Herman Cain is proof that you have to have more than just the same color skin to get the black vote. Just like you and everyone else, they vote for those who best fit their political ideology.

Though I did mention the fact that they would not vote for a black Republican previously I will raise one topic that would seem to open a big hole in your premise. Turnout.

When millions more black voters turn out than ever before, and they all vote for the first black Democratic President, you honestly think that color is not the driving factor here? I am not going to allege racism like Java but I am going to say that at the very least it dramatically increases enthusiasm and likelihood they will get out and vote.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think that those who previously voted that hadn't before would have came out for Herman Cain if he were the Republican nominee in 2008 and Hillary Clinton was running on the Democratic ticket? I'm going to go out on a limb here and so no. Again, Obama's race certainly motivated the previous non-voters to come out, but his race wasn't the biggest factor as to why they voted for him. His politics were.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: many blacks shrug off Obama's new view on gays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools