Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : May 14, 2012, 10:18:11 AM

" Regardless,as long as both guys get > 25 carries per game,it won't really matter."

You think we're going to run the ball more than fifty times a game?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 14, 2012, 10:29:23 AM

I like Blount but I have to agree with the OP regarding his inability to make guys miss...I've always thought that was one area he didn't excel in...other than the hurdle, he's not fooling anyone.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 14, 2012, 10:30:33 AM

" Regardless,as long as both guys get > 25 carries per game,it won't really matter."

Yes. We're going to use the old Nebraska Option Run Offense.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 14, 2012, 10:34:48 AM

Yes. We're going to use the old Nebraska Option Run Offense.

With the most expensive offensive line in the NFL why not!

(not sure if we actually have THE most expensive line)

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 14, 2012, 10:36:37 AM

That's the football I grew up on. Freeman better learn to keep his pads low.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 14, 2012, 10:39:03 AM

I assume Michael Smith and Mossis Madu get around 10 combined and Freeman runs about 7-10 times, so I'm hoping for around 70.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 14, 2012, 10:53:48 AM

Well then, it looks like we're going to need a large Polish fulback. I wonder if there's a Kliensasser available.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 14, 2012, 10:59:23 AM

Well then, it looks like we're going to need a large Polish fulback. I wonder if there's a Kliensasser available.

Dan Orlovsky is large and possibly Polish. Give him a jersey in the 40s.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 14, 2012, 11:17:26 AM

i'm sure he meant 25 carries combined......and throw in a few more with Smith and Freeman and you have about 32 which is plenty imo.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 14, 2012, 11:32:36 AM

No, I was just exaggerating rather than saying, "run the crap out of the ball."

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#25 : May 14, 2012, 11:43:05 AM

Blount will be the starter
Martin is gonna be a good one but unless Blount is no longer on the team or not available, Blount will start Week 1.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 14, 2012, 12:06:21 PM

No, I was just exaggerating rather than saying, "run the crap out of the ball."
Fair enough, but I think there are people out there who really do overestimate just how many opportunities there are for running the ball.  No team ran the ball more than 34.1 times per game last year, and the average was just under 27.25 carries per game.  There were only two players in the leage last year who averaged more than 20 carries a game, and neither of those hit 21.5.  I'm totally not calling you out here.  I'm just saying I hope we can all keep our collective expecations in check.  (Yeah, I know.  Like *that's* going to happen.)

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 14, 2012, 12:26:25 PM

If Blount isn't the starter and is a whinny little boy about then he will likely get cut.  That's why the Bucs drafted Michael Smith in the 7th round. Blount is a powerful runner but if he turns into a locker room problem then Schiano won't hesitate to get rid of him. I think the players know this after the Bucs cut Tanard Jackson. Toe the line or there's the door. 

flaitguy

Starter
#28 : May 14, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

I think both guys are better when they get a series of carries and not just 2 and come out, 3 and come out. If I had to plan in general, I would run martin for the first half and wear down the defense . In the second half, bring in blount to mow them down the last 2 quarters after they have lost some of their legs.

obviously if we are in a necesity to pass, we may need Martin in there to block and be a receiving threat.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 14, 2012, 02:12:37 PM

Seems like just a title in name only.  I believe they both will split carries evenly, and Smith may be the return guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools