Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 14, 2012, 02:42:48 PM

I like Blount but I have to agree with the OP regarding his inability to make guys miss...I've always thought that was one area he didn't excel in...other than the hurdle, he's not fooling anyone.

When you can run through them why try to fool anybody.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 14, 2012, 03:28:03 PM

Lol, Blount cant make the first guy miss? Hes been around the tops in the NFL in yards after contact the past 2 years. If he cant make anyone miss, how does he get those numbers? if he cant make anyone miss, then how did he makes the entire Packers D miss him on a single run that was voted one of the top plays of the year?

This writer doesnt get Blount or the NFL at all. Add in theres tons of examples of 1st round running backs being a compliment, its very stupid either way to assume Martin or Blount will be starting without a single day if TC under their belts.

Im sure this will quickly turn into a Blount hater thread.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 14, 2012, 03:30:12 PM

I think people are writing Blount off WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too soon!

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 14, 2012, 03:48:14 PM

People got into the habit of hating on Blount because they wouldn't accept that Raheem and Olson were morons.  And that regime made damn sure everyone blamed him.  Now that the fact of their incompetence is obvious to even the blindest homers, the habit of blaming Blount lingers on.

If Martin was drafted to be a "true" feature back than this staff is retarded.  IMO he was picked to be part of a tandem.  I doubt that Martin gets the "start" week one as he was a very good back in college but hasnt proven it in the NFL.  Blount has proven to be one of the top runners in the league already.  The possibility for Martin to get the "start" is in training camp, as his running style will look comparatively better there, whereas Blount's doesn't really show until the games, as he can't kill his own teammates.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 14, 2012, 03:49:37 PM

I think people are writing Blount off WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too soon!
Completely agree..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 14, 2012, 04:02:37 PM

i think too many want to rely solely on blounts running and forget that being a RB involves other phases of the game.  then they want to put all that blame on the coaches and none on the player.

blount has a chance to be a great back.  but we've been saying that for years.  (except for those that say he is already a top tier back)   for now imo he's a highlight reel.   a great highlight reel at times.  but ive said all this before.

im excited to see what both of these guys can do.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 14, 2012, 04:15:41 PM

Ben Tate was an early 2nd round pick, and Arian Foster was undrafted....so I guess Tate is the starter in Houston?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 14, 2012, 04:19:34 PM

Blount will play tons. He will get lots of first down plays im sure and will also be on the field for PA plays. Martin will be on the field for all the 3rd downs my guess is unless its short yard play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 14, 2012, 04:26:56 PM

please don't compare Blount w/ Foster in any way ....you're embarrassing yourself.

You're right. Foster never had a 5.1 ypc average and he can't hurdle guys. Not a fair comparison.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : May 14, 2012, 04:27:24 PM

i think too many want to rely solely on blounts running and forget that being a RB involves other phases of the game.  then they want to put all that blame on the coaches and none on the player.

blount has a chance to be a great back.  but we've been saying that for years.  (except for those that say he is already a top tier back)   for now imo he's a highlight reel.   a great highlight reel at times.  but ive said all this before.

Around here they have a word for people who understand how things work - they're called "haters."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

J Buc

Second String
#40 : May 14, 2012, 04:30:16 PM

As long as we win games I dont care if we hand the ball off to that grandma Steven Tyler.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 14, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

Unless the o-line can finally start to gel, like has been promised for the past 6 years but has never delivered, it's all moot. Both Martin and Blount will be sitting most of the game on the bench as the Bucs continue to go 3 and out like in the past.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 14, 2012, 05:13:50 PM

please don't compare Blount w/ Foster in any way ....you're embarrassing yourself.

You're right. Foster never had a 5.1 ypc average and he can't hurdle guys. Not a fair comparison.

Don't argue with Morgan/Oma.  He's the authority on embarrassing one's self.

Unless the o-line can finally start to gel, like has been promised for the past 6 years but has never delivered, it's all moot. Both Martin and Blount will be sitting most of the game on the bench as the Bucs continue to go 3 and out like in the past.

QF 'effin' T.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 14, 2012, 05:17:14 PM

As the article itself pointed out, who starts at RB doesn't really matter...which begs the question, why was it written in the first place?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 14, 2012, 05:23:54 PM

Ben Tate was an early 2nd round pick, and Arian Foster was undrafted....so I guess Tate is the starter in Houston?

If Doug Martin is as good as you told us all he was , he will start . Arian Foster is not nearly as one dimensional as Blount. Arian had 600 yards recieving last year.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools