Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#60 : May 14, 2012, 10:33:11 PM

A defender doesn't actually have to "miss" for there to be a mistackle. Blount doesn't get stopped by one man. He lead the league in 2010 and 2011 in yards after contact. I feel sorry for Buc fans that are so jaded they can't see a great thing when they have it.

Blount and Martin is going to be so ridiculously awesome.

Oh wait....you mean you dont have to juke a defender in the open field for it to be a missed tackle? Well there goes facups whole argument.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#61 : May 14, 2012, 10:54:00 PM

I love to watch that big MF run.     [27]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : May 14, 2012, 11:58:27 PM

As the article itself pointed out, who starts at RB doesn't really matter...which begs the question, why was it written in the first place?
I bet it matters to both Blount and Martin..... at least i hope it does!!!
Getting a stud, had a stud.  Nothing bad happening here. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : May 15, 2012, 08:13:30 AM

Getting a stud, had a stud.  Nothing bad happening here.

That is what it boils down to. Martin is quicker and shiftier than Blount can ever be because 6'2" running backs just don't have that low center of gravity. Martin can stop on a dime and accelerate to full speed in the blink of an eye. He can also disappear behind the line and shoot out for 10 yard gains before the defense even knows where he is. In the passing game he can beat a LB every time.

Blount can bulldoze half the defense and carry them for 10 yards or more. He can also just jump over you if you try to go low. He can get hit in the backfield by several defenders and still get positive yards. He can absolutely demoralize the opponent late in games when they start to ware down.

If these two guys are used properly, and I think they will be, we are going to have a great running game that is exciting to watch for fans and miserable to defend for teams.

Draft Aaron Donald

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#64 : May 15, 2012, 09:21:11 AM

Good problem to have.  It's going to be a dangerous combo.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#65 : May 15, 2012, 12:12:23 PM

According to Rick Stroud's twitter feed, Bucs' 1st round draft pick, Doug Martin, has suffered an undisclosed injury and won't attempt to practice. He is reportedly hanging back with the trainers.   Just a little reminder why we need one than one RB.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#66 : May 15, 2012, 04:34:30 PM

According to Rick Stroud's twitter feed, Bucs' 1st round draft pick, Doug Martin, has suffered an undisclosed injury and won't attempt to practice. He is reportedly hanging back with the trainers.   Just a little reminder why we need one than one RB.

Bust !!!

joking , of course.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : May 15, 2012, 04:36:30 PM

Dom didnt think we needed one last year. How on earth did we stick with Lumpkin after all those games??
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Doug Martin will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting running back" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools