Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

kjbugman

Starter

: May 14, 2012, 09:01:26 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/34891/nfc-south-links-a-lighter-josh-freeman
An article on ESPN says Josh is down from 255 pounds to 235 pounds.

I don't know if anybody posted this yet, but what do you guys think? Will this help increase his mobility? Will we see him running more?

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 14, 2012, 09:08:16 AM

10 pounds lower than his college weight wow. Josh will be running in some touchdowns this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 14, 2012, 09:12:54 AM

This was already posted and argued to death last week.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 14, 2012, 09:28:14 AM

he might have just wanted to look better at the pool.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 14, 2012, 09:44:48 AM

Really?   "argued to death"....    glad I missed opening up that thread.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 14, 2012, 09:55:15 AM

Certainly his stamina will be better.
Now that the "Olsen experiment" is in our rear view mirror and we've added some new toys on offense, by mid-season we should be a very good offensive team.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 14, 2012, 09:55:32 AM

I was never a big Freeman fan but this was the most encouraging offseason thing that happened in my opinion. Freeman was a threat to take off running his whole career until he came to the Bucs... I thought that was a waste. He ran a little bit for us but teams were never really worried about him running or anything. Now, hopefully, the threat of Freeman taking off running, Jackson stretching the field, Williams and Winslow being on the field with Jackson, and an improved Oline with two probowl guards, Blount and Martin are going to destroy.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 14, 2012, 10:00:07 AM

Yep, I strongly suspect Olsen wanted Freeman to become more of a pocket passer last season, which from my observation Josh is a lot less comfortable with. He actually looked more accurate throwing the ball when his feet were on the move than when he's got them planted.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : May 14, 2012, 12:14:09 PM

I'm really curious to see his style of play at that weight.    I may end up liking him, who knows?

flaitguy

Starter
#9 : May 14, 2012, 12:28:02 PM

I wonder if he isnt as strong. Being hard to tackle was one of the things that allowed him to save many plays.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 14, 2012, 12:41:07 PM

I think Olson said to stay in the pocket last year. This year who knows. The question is if he gets hurt is Olvoskly a legit replacement.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : May 14, 2012, 12:58:45 PM

I wonder if he isnt as strong. Being hard to tackle was one of the things that allowed him to save many plays.

He's still the biggest QB the Bucs have ever had.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 14, 2012, 01:44:24 PM

He's still the biggest QB the Bucs have ever had.
You can see on the pictures that he has lost fat, not muscles in the offseason. So I still think he will be hard to bring down for the defenders.

Really excited about Freeman for this season.

ingey1968

Starter

#13 : May 14, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Needs to worry more about his accuracy and less with his mobility.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 14, 2012, 03:31:42 PM

I was never a big Freeman fan but this was the most encouraging offseason thing that happened in my opinion. Freeman was a threat to take off running his whole career until he came to the Bucs... I thought that was a waste. He ran a little bit for us but teams were never really worried about him running or anything. Now, hopefully, the threat of Freeman taking off running, Jackson stretching the field, Williams and Winslow being on the field with Jackson, and an improved Oline with two probowl guards, Blount and Martin are going to destroy.

2009 and 2010 Freeman would to completely disagree. His ability to run was keeping Ds honest then. He had the 2nd most rushing yards for a QB in 2010 only behind Vick.   He also had a much better season than QB ever at that age. Than a brilliant Olson tried to turn him into Brees last year......that was a waste.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools