Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 14, 2012, 03:41:28 PM

Olson wanted a Brady back there when he had a Rothlesberger.  Freeman needs to move around for his game to really take off, extend the play and make things happen.  He isn't built for that short game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 14, 2012, 04:27:56 PM

Yea Olsen screwed that up. Wasnt he also hurt last year? I thought that might had limited his running a bit too. I think we will see him return to that this year. Would be great for us.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 14, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

while it easily could have been olson...it might have been freeman who wanted to become more of a pocket passer as well.  just seems like a scapegoat assumption to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 14, 2012, 04:40:56 PM

Definitely a huge difference between last year's mini camp and this year's mini camp.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 14, 2012, 04:46:14 PM

I tend to think a QB just wants to win the game he's in right now; doesn't care whether he's leaving the pocket or not. Whatever works, keep doin' it... A lot of OC's, OTOH, are particular about their young QB staying in the pocket. We'll never really know, but it just seems more likely to me Olsen planted that bug in Freeman's ear...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 14, 2012, 07:03:22 PM

I tend to think a QB just wants to win the game he's in right now; doesn't care whether he's leaving the pocket or not. Whatever works, keep doin' it... A lot of OC's, OTOH, are particular about their young QB staying in the pocket. We'll never really know, but it just seems more likely to me Olsen planted that bug in Freeman's ear...

Agree. Young QBs like to run a lot. My guess is Olsen wanted him to learn the pocket more rather than relying on his legs. I also feel like he didn't run as much cause he was hurt and didn't want to further injure himself.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 14, 2012, 07:04:52 PM

Sounds about right. Olson would be stupid enough to have a mobile 6'6" 250lbs quarterback stay in the pocket at all costs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 14, 2012, 07:27:36 PM

so easy to blame olson.  maybe it was freemans agent telling him to stay in the pocket to lengthen his career.  maybe it was his mother saying she didnt want him getting hurt.  maybe it was his girlfriend who said tom brady and 6 pack abs are sexy.  maybe freeman thinks that the best way to become a top tier QB in the NFL is to become a pocket passer, maybe he's heard all his life he's just an inaccurate mobile guy back there and wanted to change.

i honestly believe both the QB and OC both want to win games.  i have a hard time thinking olson saw how many 3rd and long conversions freeman picked up in '10 and then saying, "you know what josh...instead of doing that this year, how bout you just check down to lumpkin.  no sense in trying to get that first.  lets just play field position.  we are only down 20 points right now".

but like i said, its too easy to scapegoat olson.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 14, 2012, 07:40:08 PM

Maybe he was partly over confident and thought he could make the pass rather then run the few yards he would need for a first. So many times Blount would get us in position for a very manageable 3rd down and it would be an incompletion. Or a penalty. I think Freeman learns from his mistakes, he has all the skill needed to be great just needs more experience. I know I will get killed on here for saying that.
: May 14, 2012, 08:21:04 PM XFactor

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 14, 2012, 08:14:11 PM

Was that Josh Freeman in those photos or Joe Hamilton ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 14, 2012, 09:17:45 PM

I'm really curious to see his style of play at that weight.    I may end up liking him, who knows?
It would be good to see if it works out that way.  I am not a big freeman fan, but he has to play well for the bucs to win - so I root hard for him - until someone better happens along.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 14, 2012, 09:28:54 PM

so easy to blame olson.  maybe it was freemans agent telling him to stay in the pocket to lengthen his career.  maybe it was his mother saying she didnt want him getting hurt.  maybe it was his girlfriend who said tom brady and 6 pack abs are sexy.  maybe freeman thinks that the best way to become a top tier QB in the NFL is to become a pocket passer, maybe he's heard all his life he's just an inaccurate mobile guy back there and wanted to change.

i honestly believe both the QB and OC both want to win games.  i have a hard time thinking olson saw how many 3rd and long conversions freeman picked up in '10 and then saying, "you know what josh...instead of doing that this year, how bout you just check down to lumpkin.  no sense in trying to get that first.  lets just play field position.  we are only down 20 points right now".

but like i said, its too easy to scapegoat olson.

Yes it's easy and we will never know exactly what the story was unless maybe PR wants to do a little investigating.... I dunno I just feel young qbs tend to run a lot. He did in his first couple years. Why didn't he last year is a valid question. Is it easy to blame Olsen? Yea but I don't see the wrong in it.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#27 : May 14, 2012, 09:56:34 PM

I remember an article from sometime last year where Freeman stated that he didn't want to run the ball because he didn't want to take hits.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : May 14, 2012, 10:09:48 PM

He was not fat before.   So he must have lost muscle mass as well as fat to be that small now.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 14, 2012, 10:43:45 PM

He was not fat before.   So he must have lost muscle mass as well as fat to be that small now.

He lost body fat look at his double chin and chubby face. You eat a lot of taco bell and see what happens.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools