Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 14, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

so easy to blame olson.  maybe it was freemans agent telling him to stay in the pocket to lengthen his career.  maybe it was his mother saying she didnt want him getting hurt.  maybe it was his girlfriend who said tom brady and 6 pack abs are sexy.  maybe freeman thinks that the best way to become a top tier QB in the NFL is to become a pocket passer, maybe he's heard all his life he's just an inaccurate mobile guy back there and wanted to change.

i honestly believe both the QB and OC both want to win games.  i have a hard time thinking olson saw how many 3rd and long conversions freeman picked up in '10 and then saying, "you know what josh...instead of doing that this year, how bout you just check down to lumpkin.  no sense in trying to get that first.  lets just play field position.  we are only down 20 points right now".

but like i said, its too easy to scapegoat olson.

Olson wasnt quoted saying several things trying to relate Freeman to Brees? Olson didnt set up for the two to work out together? Olson isnt friends with and an adamant Brees lover?

Do you really think guys in the NFL change there game because they might get hurt? Or that there agent or mother are worried about them getting hurt? You honestly tink a player that just put up the most efficient season by a QB that young age and said, I need to completely change how I play the game?

You think every WR was covered because they all werent running very good routes? Olson has so many indictments on his resume, how can he not take the blount of the blame(hahaha, pun). Everyone, and I mean everyone from fans, to players, to coaches knew what Olson was calling and they all knew it wasnt working. there was a million threads on those facts and he had a previous record of horrible play calling before coming here. Why should that all be excused to throw out illogical BS hypothetical situations that are cowardly at best.

Its easy to scapegoat Olson? Olson was a proven part of the problem for everyone with a pair of eye and a minimal basic knowledge of the NFL. You honestly dont remember opponents players making staements about how predictable the offense was? 2010 was a success because of guys like Freeman, Blount, and Williams playing big and opponents not knowing how to defend them. The offense wasnt great, there was little film on it with those types of playmakers. Teams got film and shut it all down. Surely an adjustment was made right? No, there wasnt. It ws the same crap from week 1 to week 17. Olson was a very large part of the problem and if you see it differently, maybe you should switch to soccer or see an eye doctor.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 14, 2012, 10:58:11 PM

Olson wasnt quoted saying several things trying to relate Freeman to Brees? Olson didnt set up for the two to work out together? Olson isnt friends with and an adamant Brees lover?

Do you really think guys in the NFL change there game because they might get hurt? Or that there agent or mother are worried about them getting hurt? You honestly tink a player that just put up the most efficient season by a QB that young age and said, I need to completely change how I play the game?

You think every WR was covered because they all werent running very good routes? Olson has so many indictments on his resume, how can he not take the blount of the blame(hahaha, pun). Everyone, and I mean everyone from fans, to players, to coaches knew what Olson was calling and they all knew it wasnt working. there was a million threads on those facts and he had a previous record of horrible play calling before coming here. Why should that all be excused to throw out illogical BS hypothetical situations that are cowardly at best.

Its easy to scapegoat Olson? Olson was a proven part of the problem for everyone with a pair of eye and a minimal basic knowledge of the NFL. You honestly dont remember opponents players making staements about how predictable the offense was? 2010 was a success because of guys like Freeman, Blount, and Williams playing big and opponents not knowing how to defend them. The offense wasnt great, there was little film on it with those types of playmakers. Teams got film and shut it all down. Surely an adjustment was made right? No, there wasnt. It ws the same crap from week 1 to week 17. Olson was a very large part of the problem and if you see it differently, maybe you should switch to soccer or see an eye doctor.

we all know olson wasnt great.  but i find it hard to put all the blame on him.  i dont believe that freeman wanted to be a skinny guy that uses his mobility but olson would not allow it.  i dont believe that blount wanted to be a great blocker and receiver but logan wouldnt allow it. the issue isnt black and white - it almost never is.  i believe the issue is gray.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 14, 2012, 11:17:41 PM

He was not fat before.   So he must have lost muscle mass as well as fat to be that small now.

He lost body fat look at his double chin and chubby face. You eat a lot of taco bell and see what happens.

Here he is prior to losing that weight.

He had to have lost some muscle mass to be as small as he is now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 14, 2012, 11:18:52 PM

Was that Josh Freeman in those photos or Joe Hamilton ??

LOL... i'm very interested in seeing him in person. In some of the pics, he looks too thin.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 14, 2012, 11:22:54 PM

we all know olson wasnt great.  but i find it hard to put all the blame on him.  i dont believe that freeman wanted to be a skinny guy that uses his mobility but olson would not allow it.  i dont believe that blount wanted to be a great blocker and receiver but logan wouldnt allow it. the issue isnt black and white - it almost never is.  i believe the issue is gray.

no one said he was. to pretend that play calling wasnt a huge problem is retarded though. Olson didnt try to make Freeman more Brees like? Or Freeman just decided he didnt want to run anymore. Pretty easy to determine which had a large effect....that is with logic. Players dont just change a huge successful part of their game out of the blue on their own. If you dont think Blount was misused at all, well Ive lost all respect for any opinion you could have on football. The guy had a bunch of games where he had less than 5 carries in the first half. A back like that and you only get him the ball 5 times? Yeah, Im sure he refused to block or catch. Sounds likely.

There may be some gray, but youre trying to blur it so far you cant see any of the black or white. Only problem is, is that anyone with a a memory or dvdr can go back and point out all the black and white youre trying to hide.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 15, 2012, 12:21:39 AM

no one said he was. to pretend that play calling wasnt a huge problem is retarded though. Olson didnt try to make Freeman more Brees like? Or Freeman just decided he didnt want to run anymore. Pretty easy to determine which had a large effect....that is with logic. Players dont just change a huge successful part of their game out of the blue on their own. If you dont think Blount was misused at all, well Ive lost all respect for any opinion you could have on football. The guy had a bunch of games where he had less than 5 carries in the first half. A back like that and you only get him the ball 5 times? Yeah, Im sure he refused to block or catch. Sounds likely.

There may be some gray, but youre trying to blur it so far you cant see any of the black or white. Only problem is, is that anyone with a a memory or dvdr can go back and point out all the black and white youre trying to hide.

im not pretending the playcalling was great, im just not hopping on with the idea that it was all on olson.  i dont know how playcalling even correlates to freeman tucking and running.  and the fact that having freeman meet brees is a bad thing?  c'mon.  its pretty easy to assume we know what happened last year...doesnt make it true.  sorry, but logic doesnt apply here imo.

as for blount, and as long as we are assuming, im gonna assume he didnt bust his tail in practice.  he didnt prove he could be trusted with routes, audibles, and blitz protections.  im gonna assume he came late to meetings and didnt pay attention when he did show up.  then im gonna assume thats why he didnt get more carries and trust from the staff.  thats why he didnt get more passing play downs.  im also gonna assume we didnt run the ball very well consistently, and we didnt run it great early in games.  im gonna assume we had a porous defense and got behind early in games.  because, yes, i do think he can catch a screen pass.  i think as a 250lb RB he has the ability to block.

as for me trying to hide black and white...until someone comes up with a dvr'd game where it catches freeman asking to run and olson saying "no, stay in the pocket and throw the 2 yard dumpoff to lumpkin" then no, im sticking with my gray theory.  until PR comes out with a story that freeman was told not to leave the pocket...gray.  now im sure it was stressed that he is the franchise, and we dont want him injured...but we won a lot of games in 2010 with plenty of help from freemans runs...i think it was a joint effort to keep him in the pocket.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 15, 2012, 08:00:00 AM

He was not fat before.   So he must have lost muscle mass as well as fat to be that small now.

He lost body fat look at his double chin and chubby face. You eat a lot of taco bell and see what happens.

Damn....I think I need to go eat some taco bell...

: May 15, 2012, 08:01:48 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 15, 2012, 08:07:09 AM

I remember an article from sometime last year where Freeman stated that he didn't want to run the ball because he didn't want to take hits.

Link? a winner wouldn't say that.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 15, 2012, 08:10:19 AM

If he took a picture like that it would look the same. Freeman is a tall guy with a solid build he isn't close to jacked never was.  Wasn't that photo taken around the 09 draft?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 15, 2012, 08:14:21 AM

Without reading the exact link, I'd assume there's some context, as in, Freeman said he's purposely taking less hits because it's smart for the QB to not get hit.

As far as his weight is concerned, I've always been under the impression that Freeman wanted to prove he was a traditional passer. In 2010, scrambling was still a last option and he usually was smart with the hits he took, which is rare with young QBs. My speculation, and that's all it is, is that he no longer cares about a stigma against scrambling QBs or doesn't think it exists anymore with the success of Cam Newton and got lighter to make his game more dynamic.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 15, 2012, 08:23:48 AM

If he took a picture like that it would look the same. Freeman is a tall guy with a solid build he isn't close to jacked never was.  Wasn't that photo taken around the 09 draft?

Here he is now without his shirt.    He looks quite different.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 15, 2012, 08:27:30 AM

Maybe Freeman couldn't confidently grip the ball when he ran because of the thumb? People seem to forget about the thumb and it's effect on his accuracy. It could have also been the reason for him not wanting to run.

: May 15, 2012, 08:29:03 AM JDouble

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 15, 2012, 08:38:55 AM

Java that was funny. Have to give you one for that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 15, 2012, 09:43:58 AM

I've decided to hire Olson. I need someone to blame whenever I make a bad decision.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#44 : May 15, 2012, 10:40:16 AM

Eveyone loves blaming Olsen but as much as the offense wasn't good, the offense isn't the reason the Bucs were horrible last year.  Rah's defense was horrible.  Embarrassingly horrible. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools