Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Army soldier brutally beaten in South Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 15, 2012, 07:39:06 PM

Sorry, Escobar is right on this one.   People were/are outraged that Zimmerman may have "profiled" Martin.   This incident underscores the reality of it all.  It will be interesting if the media picks up on that.

So because they caught these hoodied **CENSORED**s on video we now have the definitive proof that everybody who wears one is a thug ... Stop the freaking presses.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 15, 2012, 07:58:42 PM

Sorry, Escobar is right on this one.   People were/are outraged that Zimmerman may have "profiled" Martin.   This incident underscores the reality of it all.  It will be interesting if the media picks up on that.

So because they caught these hoodied **CENSORED**s on video we now have the definitive proof that everybody who wears one is a thug ... Stop the freaking presses.

You're a better man than me, Klink. I read the same thing, recognized the convoluted logic and gave up.
: May 15, 2012, 08:02:01 PM Durango 95

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 15, 2012, 08:07:00 PM

If you ever get a chance to go to school, you might learn that you should never use words like "everybody" or "all" or "always".    If you use superlatives like that, there is almost nothing in the world that will fit that criteria.   However, If you word it something like "in many cases", you will be accurate.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : May 15, 2012, 08:14:36 PM

Good to see our local race baiters out in force, though.

I don't know if it's "race bating" when it's just reality.   Have you even listened to this youtube video yet?    This is the crux of the problem in our society.   Something needs to be done about it.

Stratobuc

Starter
#34 : May 15, 2012, 08:48:17 PM

"Hopefully enough to get the punks identified and caught ..."

I think they should shoot the little bastards.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 15, 2012, 08:49:13 PM

Definitive proof that everybody who wears a hoody is a thug? I'm sure you have ample evidence to prove such a statement was said. All anyone is saying is that a person wearing a hoody at night looks suspcious, this has only been brought up so many times because there are actually people who will argue against it. There are some people who actually believe (well not really, but they'll pretend they do) that a criminal who was wearing a hoody before/during a criminal act was only doing so by coincidence.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 15, 2012, 08:56:14 PM

Now that's pretty much the only way Sharpton would have any interest in this case. I can see it now, standing at a podium with his arm draped over the "victims" mothers shoulder, telling the world that justice will prevail,  these poor men didn't deserve to be shot and were clearly the victim of racial profiling. He'll say that an audio recording of the event has surfaced and the man who took the beating is believed to have uttered a racial slur moments before the incident took place. Joe, CBW and others will rush to this thread claiming it's an undeniable truth that army man is a racist, and no proof exists that he even suffered injuries to begin with.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 15, 2012, 09:15:15 PM

Yeah, that's what I said .....  ::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 15, 2012, 09:17:48 PM

You're a better man than me, Klink. I read the same thing, recognized the convoluted logic and gave up.

Sorry I confused you.   It's not hard to understand why people "profile" teenagers/young adults wearing hoodies at night as su**CENSORED**ious when we see things like this happen.   Maybe that helps.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 15, 2012, 09:26:54 PM

Back in the early 90s there were a string of ATM robberies across town. It turned out to be a gang initiation thing.  At its peak a man was killed and a women shot in the head.  She survived, I think.  These two violent crimes happened on the same day or within a couple days IIRC.  I was one of the victims, only a few days before the two violent acts I mention.  I was held up at gun point by a kid that I could have broken in half if not for the gun and his four friends standing at their car. All five of them young African American men wearing low pants and bandanas.  For a very, very long time after that I would avoid young african american men in groups dressed in a similar fashion at places like gas stations.  Does that mean I am/was a racist?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#40 : May 15, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

Now that's pretty much the only way Sharpton would have any interest in this case.

And there lies the irony in this whole thread to begin with. Turning this incident into a racial incident like some on here have smacks of the tactics of the good Reverends ... Congrats to those who have joined them in the gutter.

... but I don't have a problem with the punks being shot, either.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#41 : May 15, 2012, 10:06:34 PM

Back in the early 90s there were a string of ATM robberies across town. It turned out to be a gang initiation thing.  At its peak a man was killed and a women shot in the head.  She survived, I think.  These two violent crimes happened on the same day or within a couple days IIRC.  I was one of the victims, only a few days before the two violent acts I mention.  I was held up at gun point by a kid that I could have broken in half if not for the gun and his four friends standing at their car. All five of them young African American men wearing low pants and bandanas.  For a very, very long time after that I would avoid young african american men in groups dressed in a similar fashion at places like gas stations.  Does that mean I am/was a racist?

Under the circumstances, how could that be construed as racist?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 15, 2012, 10:15:02 PM

Can we get a ruling on this one?  Need to know if thugs are guys who gather in groups of 4 and beat up unsuspecting citizens.  Someone help - please. 

Maybe isn't the hoodies like some think... who knows.  To hard to figure out, my head hurts.

So if they weren't wearing hoodies the service man wouldn't have been hurt by the beating? 

Yea - bandying terms sure screws up the conversation - especially when it keeps getting repeated over and over.  Maybe some dumb stuff should just be ignored?  Hell, I try not to post after reading morgan's comments - I'm doing my part -  ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 15, 2012, 10:28:14 PM

Under the circumstances, how could that be construed as racist?

well people link profiling with racism and no doubt I "profiled" young african american men for a long time.  I don't think its racist (I think its human) and I know I am not a racist by any stretch, just curious what others thought.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 15, 2012, 10:53:23 PM

Yea, I'm always wary of old white men in pinstripes walking down wallstreet asking me if I have a financial advisor.

Also, sometimes on saturday mornings I see some well dressed people walking door to door and I think jehova's witness but I don't like to stereotype so I answer the door to see what they're offering.

If I'm picking up my kids from school, I always detour around the army booth b/c you never know what they're up to.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Army soldier brutally beaten in South Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools