Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin Injured « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : May 16, 2012, 08:25:35 AM

Yeah I meant to say tendon, not ligament....I fixed it.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 16, 2012, 11:00:39 AM

Here's something to read from espn...

from an article 'The ten most pivotal (important) players in 2012...

(Mark Sanchez was #1)

2. Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB Josh Freeman could certainly stand to improve from last season, but I believe the most important player to potential big-time success in Tampa is Martin. I base this off the way new coach Greg Schiano operated at Rutgers.

Martin has to be Ray Rice. Last season's workhorse, RB LeGarrette Blount, was a battering ram, but he did not stay healthy and had some fumbles, something Schiano noted this offseason. Martin has more shake-and-bake to his game, and he can be effective on passing downs. Not only can Martin catch the ball out of the backfield, but he also knows how to block from his time at Boise State.

A solid running game will take pressure off Freeman and give his bolstered WR corps space to operate. When Schiano was at Rutgers, Rice was the key to the Scarlet Knights' success and they didn't have a QB anywhere near as good as Freeman.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 16, 2012, 04:26:08 PM

Here's something to read from espn...

from an article 'The ten most pivotal (important) players in 2012...

(Mark Sanchez was #1)

2. Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB Josh Freeman could certainly stand to improve from last season, but I believe the most important player to potential big-time success in Tampa is Martin. I base this off the way new coach Greg Schiano operated at Rutgers.

Martin has to be Ray Rice. Last season's workhorse, RB LeGarrette Blount, was a battering ram, but he did not stay healthy and had some fumbles, something Schiano noted this offseason. Martin has more shake-and-bake to his game, and he can be effective on passing downs. Not only can Martin catch the ball out of the backfield, but he also knows how to block from his time at Boise State.

A solid running game will take pressure off Freeman and give his bolstered WR corps space to operate. When Schiano was at Rutgers, Rice was the key to the Scarlet Knights' success and they didn't have a QB anywhere near as good as Freeman.

Whoa, whoa, whoaaaaaa there cowboy...  You mean to tell me that greenhorn Freeman might even be "Francise Material" if we'uns were to put enuff good fellers around him...?

Well, I'll be...  Holy Sh!t Snacks Martha...!  I think we got us a real fart smeller......... uhhh, I mean SMART FELLER here...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#48 : May 16, 2012, 07:24:42 PM

Muscle Hamstring :(

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 16, 2012, 07:35:57 PM

For a second I thought you were talking about FTW's sig pic. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 16, 2012, 10:42:09 PM

Muscle Hamstring :(

I LOL'ed.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin Injured « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools