Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

: May 15, 2012, 04:17:08 PM

I think this is a fair question

He came his first year and rushed over 1000 yards. Second year he got close to 800 yards. Primary reason for that are knuckleheads Olsen and Raheem abandoned the run game early. People chastised him for hating the potential thought of signing Trent Richardson. Well who would like to work hard to two years for practically league minimum and see a rookie come in making three to four times as much? Ironically, the same dilemma is happening. Last season (IMO), he was one of the few players who put forth an effort when on the field. Yes fumbling has been an issue; however, many happened when he was fighting for extra yards. We had two backs that had issues when they joined us. Caddy couldn't catch a cold when he first joined us. Pittman fumbled looking at the ball and tripped over his own feel. Yet most of the problems were corrected and they became good serviceable backs for us. Why don't fans think Blount can correct his issues and become a starter? Last I want to mention is I don't recall any off-field issues since he's been here and he hasn't acted like a diva bashing coaches and players to my knowledge. So we can't say character is an issue. So, why the hate?

Thoughts?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 15, 2012, 04:23:02 PM

I certainly dont hate him but I can see why some do. The college incident vs Boise. Reports of bad attitude last season. Assumption (maybe its true) that he cant catch or block. Could argue he wasnt given many chances to do so. The fumbles.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 15, 2012, 04:23:24 PM

Because Olson said he couldnt catch or block so it became true. Nevermind the fact that Olson is horrible at using his talent and calling plays......Oslons word = Gospel.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 15, 2012, 04:24:15 PM

Reports of bad attitude last season.

link?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#4 : May 15, 2012, 04:25:26 PM

I certainly dont hate him but I can see why some do. The college incident vs Boise. Reports of bad attitude last season. Assumption (maybe its true) that he cant catch or block. Could argue he wasnt given many chances to do so. The fumbles.

What bad attitude are you referring too? I don't recall hearing that last season.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 15, 2012, 04:26:26 PM

Now that the Richardson fans being like that about him is done it's probably back to a few of his regular bashers to keep it going, it's lessened though.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 15, 2012, 04:26:54 PM

There's nothing wrong with Blount.  I think his lack of ability to catch and pass block prohibit him from being a 3-down back.  Outside of that, as a runner, I see no problem with him on the roster and getting about 15 touches a game.  If Martin pans out, the combination of the two could possibly make up a top 3-5 backfield tandem.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 15, 2012, 04:27:54 PM

link?

I think I saw it in a PR insider article but I do know that I heard that from somebody who works very close with the team. They said he was a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes and didnt want to be a team player. Hes gonna have to change some of that if its true.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 15, 2012, 04:31:59 PM

link?

I think I saw it in a PR insider article but I do know that I heard that from somebody who works very close with the team. They said he was a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes and didnt want to be a team player. Hes gonna have to change some of that if its true.

ahhh, so we are supposed to take heresy as fact? Or we are supposed to believe the old "friend of a friend told me" story?  Funny, youre the only one saying this and if it was mentioned by PR(or any other media outlet), Bucs fans would still be regurgitating those same sentiments. I call complete BS.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#9 : May 15, 2012, 04:32:01 PM

BucBalla.....Thats all new to me dude.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 15, 2012, 04:32:58 PM

I dont care if you guys believe it or not. Just what I heard. I believe I did see something in an article though. Cant remember for sure though.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 15, 2012, 04:33:29 PM

link?

ahhh, so we are supposed to take heresy as fact? Or we are supposed to believe the old "friend of a friend told me" story?  Funny, youre the only one saying this and if it was mentioned by PR(or any other media outlet), Bucs fans would still be regurgitating those same sentiments. I call complete BS.

Do whatever you want with it. Just what I heard.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 15, 2012, 04:34:30 PM

It's one thing to not like him, but those who think he isn't good are just idiots who don't watch the games. If he was on the Cowboys and doing those hurdles, ESPN would be all over him. Aaron Rodgers called him one of the best players he's played against. To say Blount isn't good is just dumb.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 15, 2012, 04:37:35 PM

link?

Do whatever you want with it. Just what I heard.

lol, so you have no proof. Thought so. Well, I heard that he was a good teammate and had a great attitude. I dont have proof or anything, but I think its more valid than yours. My friend of a friend has better connections. lol

kind of reminds me of NavyBuc. Just make it up and hope to hell people believe you.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 15, 2012, 04:38:12 PM

Dude Doug Martin is better. Just because 90 percent off the fan base and every writer who has wrote about it thinks so doesn't mean people hate Blount. Blount is a good runner and will get his share of carries. Java and about 2 other posters are the only ones who want Blount gone.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools