Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 15, 2012, 07:28:12 PM

He had two fumbles in the Titans game and two in the Jaguars game. Late in the year and the entire team, offense and defense was absolutely dreadful. We were in complete self destruction mode and every single player looked like crap. The entire team had clearly given up on their coach. They weren't even trying...but people like to pick and choose what stats to pull from that embarrassingly bad 10 game losing streak. Somehow it's fair to judge Blount on those 4 fumbles but not judge the rest of the team for their awful performance. Freeman was throwing garbage, the receivers weren't getting open, the line wasn't blocking for **CENSORED**, we couldn't tackle anyone, couldn't cover anyone, and couldn't get to the QB.....but it's Blount's 4 fumbles that stick out? I don't get that. If we are going to judge the players off of the last ten games of 2011...we need a whole new team. And despite his four fumbles in those last ten games, he was probably our best player during that time. He was still trying hard and single handedly changed the momentum in the Greenbay game.

Was just looking and noticed for the first time that Blount had 46 carries in the last 5 games. Less than ten carries per game. SMH. I know we were getting curb stomped and down by double digits, but damn.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 15, 2012, 07:44:32 PM

He had two fumbles in the Titans game and two in the Jaguars game. Late in the year and the entire team, offense and defense was absolutely dreadful. We were in complete self destruction mode and every single player looked like crap. The entire team had clearly given up on their coach. They weren't even trying...but people like to pick and choose what stats to pull from that embarrassingly bad 10 game losing streak. Somehow it's fair to judge Blount on those 4 fumbles but not judge the rest of the team for their awful performance. Freeman was throwing garbage, the receivers weren't getting open, the line wasn't blocking for **CENSORED**, we couldn't tackle anyone, couldn't cover anyone, and couldn't get to the QB.....but it's Blount's 4 fumbles that stick out? I don't get that. If we are going to judge the players off of the last ten games of 2011...we need a whole new team. And despite his four fumbles in those last ten games, he was probably our best player during that time. He was still trying hard and single handedly changed the momentum in the Greenbay game.

Was just looking and noticed for the first time that Blount had 46 carries in the last 5 games. Less than ten carries per game. SMH. I know we were getting curb stomped and down by double digits, but damn.

I'm for holding everyone accountable not just Blount , but this thread happens to be about Blount , no one else.

Blount does have major deficiencies in his game he needs to improve . Any who are claiming those are all attributed to Greg Olsen and not Blount himself are kidding themselves.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 15, 2012, 08:14:06 PM

Any who are claiming those are all attributed to Greg Olsen and not Blount himself are kidding themselves.

so youre talking to no one?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 15, 2012, 08:26:15 PM

All Ive ever said is that Blount is a great runner and we dont know how well he can catch or block because we never got to see. We never got to see what he could do if Olson committed to the run last year either. Ive posted the numbers 500 times, but most every game he played in he got lass than 12 carries for the entire game. Most every game he had around 5-6 carries in the entire first half. How does that add up? Most teams will get their backs 5-6 carries in the first drive, definitely within the second drive. There was no commitment to the run game and Olsons horrible play calling should give you nothing to put stock into when he said Blount waasnt adept at blocking or catching.

In other words, Im arguing that saying with any certainty either way is completely asinine. We know he can run, we dont know what else he can or cant do because we never got to see it. Olson didnt use him in those situations and given Olsons track record, there is no reason to put any stock into anything he said. We are talking about the same guy that called the benn-around 500 times with no success. If you translate any of that into its all Olsons fault, you need serious reading comprehension skills.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : May 15, 2012, 08:29:39 PM

you need serious reading comprehension skills.

This is ironic considering it's tatman posting it.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 15, 2012, 08:31:55 PM

you need serious reading comprehension skills.

This is ironic considering it's tatman posting it.

great, now hes back mad that I dogged his butt buddy.  ??? shouldnt you be downloading pics of shirtless boys or scoping out the local lady boys?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : May 15, 2012, 08:51:03 PM

Says the guy who sees something sexual in a picture of a shirtless nerd...

How does it feel to be out of the closet?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 15, 2012, 09:18:27 PM

Says the guy who sees something sexual in a picture of a shirtless nerd...

How does it feel to be out of the closet?

only when a 40+ year old creeper posts pictures of that shirtless nerd. I mean its completely normal for a man of your age to post such pics.

Calling me gay? haha, yeah because I post pics of half naked boys!!! lol. Your comebacks are as weak as your trolling. Every single one is a "I know you are but what am I" type of response. Your creativity is only rivaled by this....

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 15, 2012, 09:23:10 PM

Blount actually improved his running form a great deal as last season progressed. He was getting a better bend, using his power more effectively and consistantly, instead of running so upright. Also kept his legs moving on contact a lot better, again using his power. All this tells me he's very coachable. Coming in lighter should help his quickness in swing routes; he never seemed to have an issue catching; just looked real slow getting turned upfield.
    His fumblitis may well have been triggered out of frustration that the whole team was doin' so poorly, resulting in him trying too hard to do it all himself and forgetting to protect the football.
    Nobody wants to talk about it, but Mike Alstott had a brief period of a few games he had the fumbles himself... It got corrected, and I think Blount will be fine too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 15, 2012, 09:24:54 PM

The bad attitude is nonsense. Charlie Campbell wrote an article on Walter's football that Blount and Mike Williams were lazy last year. It was from an unnamed source.... ::) but ever since, people claim Blount is lazy and doesn't try hard enough. Truth is, any story you pull up by a named source says that Blount is a very polite, and well mannered young man. Anything else is just hear-say.

As far as him being good. He is obviously amazing at running the ball. He is not a complete back. He needs to improve his pass blocking and route running, but when it comes to just straight up running the ball he is outstanding.....and yet some Buc fans can't admit that and would have us trade or cut him.

i think its completely possible he is a polite guy that hasnt committed himself 100% to being a NFL player.  could be a possible reason why olson didnt trust him with more plays.  i also dont think that every answer has an internet link.  one thing that is for sure, the guy has plenty of potential.  lets just hope he puts it together.

but as we've seen on this board, you gotta be a lover or a hater, so pick a side.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 15, 2012, 11:00:53 PM

Heaven forbid that you point out his flaws....that automatically constitutes "hating"....what an awesome way of deflecting and steering the topic.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 15, 2012, 11:39:49 PM

Heaven forbid that you point out his flaws....that automatically constitutes "hating"....what an awesome way of deflecting and steering the topic.

yep, because thats the definition of a "hater."

1.    hater-  A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

funny you used the exact words in the definition. Whats funnier is you assume to know whether Blount can block or catch when none of us have seen if he can in the NFL. Olson didnt put him in a position where we could actually have a valid amount of evidence to base an opinion off of. If you want to take Olsons word as gospel, thats fine. Just dont expect a good response because the entire NFL knows he cant coordinate or use his players for crap.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 16, 2012, 12:06:59 AM

yep, because thats the definition of a "hater."

1.    hater-  A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

funny you used the exact words in the definition. Whats funnier is you assume to know whether Blount can block or catch when none of us have seen if he can in the NFL. Olson didnt put him in a position where we could actually have a valid amount of evidence to base an opinion off of. If you want to take Olsons word as gospel, thats fine. Just dont expect a good response because the entire NFL knows he cant coordinate or use his players for crap.

I have no interest in hating....I'm a grown man with a pretty decent life of my own.....this is a board for discussing football and specifically the Tampa Bay Bucs and therefore you'll have good and bad reports on the team and players. LGB is big man adept at making hi-lite reel runs however he has faults...the fact that he hasn't taken reins of the RB position is not LOLsen's fault as pathetic an OC he was and to be clear those aren't the points that I focus on. I think this is a big year for him and depending on his attitude and approach, it will dictate how far he goes as an NFL player...

As far as that definition goes....that sounds like something off a pre-pubescent's facebook page.....I don't subscribe to anyone's preconceived notions about who goes into what box...I'm a fish that swims UPSTREAM....I have no qualms with standing outside the consensus. Blount CAN be a great player but right now he's slightly above average IMO.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 16, 2012, 12:11:48 AM

"Hater" is a really dumb term because it allows people to a blanket, negative stigma on anyone that criticizes anything.

I'm a Blount fan. Of all the young guys with tremendous potential, Blount is one of the few that has played at a Pro Bowl level in the NFL at times. That said, it's certainly fair, as a fan, to be critical of the parts of his game that have held him back. This is his first offseason with the team, though. I am extremely optimistic about what that will translate to on the field.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 16, 2012, 12:31:05 AM

Not to mention one of those games the rain was pouring and both teams were fumbling a lot.

I just don't see fumbling as one of Blount's issues.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools