Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #75 : May 17, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »

to answer the OP's question, here is another quote...probably taken out of context by the Tampa Tribune im sure -

“Them drafting a running back might be what I needed to become an every-down back,” Blount said.

- some of us have questioned his work ethic (which has raised the wrath because there is no link), but blount is clearly stating he hasnt worked as hard as he could have imo.  he also calls dominik/schiano "them", which really doesnt mean anything in the big picture...but still kinda odd to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #76 : May 17, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »

Yeah, that's it - The St. Pete Times didn't make a mistake. They just have an anti-Blount agenda, and can't stand the truth, so they just lie to further it.  They probably faked the quotes from Blount as well.

Actually, Benson didn't when have close to 12 when that article was written. He fumbled 5 times in the next two games, however. And yet, his fumble percentage was still well below Blount's -- 1.88%. Matthews' 10th fumble occurred after the article was written.

And talk about straw men - "Also, over the same two year time period of the 2010 and 2011 season.....Fred Jackson had 7 fumbles, Arian Foster had 8, MJD had 8, Frank Gore had 7, Felix Jones had 7, Ahmad Bradshaw had 8.....ect, ect.....but Blount's 9 is just unprecedented and ridiculous. What a joke."

Who is saying that it's "unprecedented?" - I actually don't care if Peyton Hillis fumbles it more than Blount or not, as long as Hillis isn't also on my team.

I care about Blount fumbling the ball more than a back should. All those guys you mentioned - except Felix Jones (and I mentioned him already) - Jackson, Foster, MJD, Gore, Bradshaw did it on substantially more touches. MJD's percentage is 1.55%. Had Blount touched the ball as much as MJD and fumbled at the same rate as he did last year, he wouldn't have 5 fumbles for the season - he'd have 10 (rounded up from 9.68).

I've already mentioned that I'm a huge fan of Blount, and I think all of his issues are fixable with some work -  but the blinders here are unreal.

You guys can sit here calling people "HATERS!" or you can recognize the reality that the Bucs traded up to get a 3-down back this year, and kicked the tires awfully hard on a back even early than that. Right, they are 100% satisfied with Blount.

This post wins.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #77 : July 11, 2012, 11:09:39 AM »

to answer the OP's question, here is another quote...probably taken out of context by the Tampa Tribune im sure -

“Them drafting a running back might be what I needed to become an every-down back,” Blount said.

- some of us have questioned his work ethic (which has raised the wrath because there is no link), but blount is clearly stating he hasnt worked as hard as he could have imo.  he also calls dominik/schiano "them", which really doesnt mean anything in the big picture...but still kinda odd to me.

One although it would have been cool if more of it would have happened at other positions. Having Vincent Jackson obviously pushes Williams and the WR corps. Hypothetically, it would have been cool to draft someone like Russell Wilson to push Freeman. He really hasn't been challenged from his starting roll. I am real interested in seeing how Blount responds but I do think he'll win the starting job.
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why so much hate on Blount? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools