Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: May 16, 2012, 12:53:17 AM

Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional

RSS

By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor
Published:  May 15, 2012 at 08:12 p.m.

LeGarrette Blount went into the draft hoping that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't select Trent Richardson. The good news for Blount is that the team never got a chance to take Richardson. The bad news is they got back into the end of the first round to select Doug Martin out of Boise State.

Everyone around the Bucs expects Martin to start right away. Unlike Blount, he's a complete back that can play all three downs. Just don't tell Blount that. He says he's the No. 1 guy "until they take it away."

"I had the idea they were going to draft another guy," Blount said via the St. Petersburg Times, noting he's lost 5-10 pounds. "I've been showing I can be an every-down back ... them drafting a running back might be what I needed to become an every-down back.''

Consider us skeptical. If Blount needed competition to get motivated, that doesn't bode well for him. Martin's skill set is more diverse. If nothing else, it's a good problem for the Bucs to have.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 16, 2012, 12:55:37 AM

Blount will start

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 16, 2012, 12:59:23 AM

Competition is healthy...it's something the previous regime didn't promote. Time to show what you're made of young man......

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 16, 2012, 01:20:26 AM

Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional

RSS

By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor
Published:  May 15, 2012 at 08:12 p.m.

LeGarrette Blount went into the draft hoping that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't select Trent Richardson. The good news for Blount is that the team never got a chance to take Richardson. The bad news is they got back into the end of the first round to select Doug Martin out of Boise State.

Everyone around the Bucs expects Martin to start right away. Unlike Blount, he's a complete back that can play all three downs. Just don't tell Blount that. He says he's the No. 1 guy "until they take it away."

"I had the idea they were going to draft another guy," Blount said via the St. Petersburg Times, noting he's lost 5-10 pounds. "I've been showing I can be an every-down back ... them drafting a running back might be what I needed to become an every-down back.''

Consider us skeptical. If Blount needed competition to get motivated, that doesn't bode well for him. Martin's skill set is more diverse. If nothing else, it's a good problem for the Bucs to have.

Yeah, who cares about that silly other reason of making millions of dollars. What an idiot, he might as well have just said "I wanted to put in as little effort as possible, now I can't do that anymore".

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 16, 2012, 02:04:16 AM

I don't care what Blount say's his game speaks for itself, and until Martin proves he can move NFL piles, Blount is the man.

I can't wait to see Blount in this new look offense.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 16, 2012, 02:28:27 AM

I don't care what Blount say's his game speaks for itself, and until Martin proves he can move NFL piles, Blount is the man.

Blount is a mover of men.

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 16, 2012, 03:50:23 AM

[/quote
I'm still waiting to see Blount "move the pile"....for a RB his size, he is one of the worst short yardage and goal line RBs I've seen starting for the Bucs.  Does he have highlight runs...yes.  Does he dance behind the line of scrimmage and not hit the hole decisively...an even bigger yes.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 16, 2012, 05:11:56 AM

Blount also said the team needed depth at RB and that he could not carry the whole load by himself. Of course, including that doesn't fit well with the agenda. It should also be noted that Martin can't carry the whole load either. The team needs both of them, and Mike Smith as well.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 16, 2012, 06:28:33 AM

Did Blount beat the writer up in highschool or something?

For a guy that has stayed out of trouble in the NFL, gotten the **CENSORED**ty end of the stick in 2011, and been nothing short of amazing with the ball in his hands... Blount gets a huge amount of hate.

I don't get it. Blount's game isn't complete but if you want to point the finger, point it at his terrible coaching staff the last two years.

Telegraphing you're giving it to him by never running the ball at all with Lumpkin in his the reason Blount had a down year last year... and even still... missing games and playing from behind most of the season, Blount still did some pretty amazing things last year.
: May 16, 2012, 06:30:04 AM BerubesBucs

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#9 : May 16, 2012, 06:42:20 AM

Did Blount beat the writer up in highschool or something?

For a guy that has stayed out of trouble in the NFL, gotten the **CENSORED**ty end of the stick in 2011, and been nothing short of amazing with the ball in his hands... Blount gets a huge amount of hate.

I don't get it. Blount's game isn't complete but if you want to point the finger, point it at his terrible coaching staff the last two years.

Telegraphing you're giving it to him by never running the ball at all with Lumpkin in his the reason Blount had a down year last year... and even still... missing games and playing from behind most of the season, Blount still did some pretty amazing things last year.

What he said..With a real coach and coaching staff Blounts will be  destructive...
I'm glad to see the love and support for Blount..Dude is special and like most here have said I think it's Blounts job to lose ...

Lets see Martin truck people/run them over and hurdle 6 feet in the  air.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : May 16, 2012, 07:26:24 AM

Competition - let the best man win.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 16, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Any national writer who tries to evaluate the talent on this team based on how the preformed under Raheem loses all credibility with me.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 16, 2012, 08:01:09 AM

The title of the article is unnecessary and inaccurate. if the writer thinks it is a problem that a player refuses to just hand over his job, then I think it is him who has the problem, not Blount.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 16, 2012, 01:26:28 PM

What did you expect the guy to say. Jeez I really dislike the off season. Writers will put anything out there just to stir the pot. I do love the competition factor with Martin and Smith in the fold with Blount. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : May 16, 2012, 05:38:20 PM

"Don't nobody affect my carries but me"

College education isn't what it used to be.....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools