Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 16, 2012, 05:42:31 PM

I want to see Martin drag 7 guys from the Superbowl winning Packers 35 yards down the field for a TD. I would also love to see him jump over a Pro-Bowl Safety and flat out maul elite NFL LBs.

Until then, Blount has all my support.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : May 16, 2012, 06:04:06 PM

Why does he have to drag anyone when the object of the game is to avoid opponents - and I hope Martin does a lot of that. The 2011 season for me isn't about Blounts' runs against the Packers, but his fumble early in games where the opponents capitalized to take big leads.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 16, 2012, 06:12:57 PM

Any national writer who tries to evaluate the talent on this team based on how the preformed under Raheem loses all credibility with me.

As opposed to the credibility of Homers who try to scapegoat Raheem for all the short-comings of this team ??

The writer was just stating an obvious fact that Blount dpes not have a complete skill set , and with Martin's selection the writing is on the wall for his demotion.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 16, 2012, 06:13:22 PM

Why does he have to drag anyone when the object of the game is to avoid opponents - and I hope Martin does a lot of that. The 2011 season for me isn't about Blounts' runs against the Packers, but his fumble early in games where the opponents capitalized to take big leads.

all 3 of those games he fumbled in?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=null&statisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-s=RUSHING_FUMBLES

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 16, 2012, 06:36:19 PM

Any national writer who tries to evaluate the talent on this team based on how the preformed under Raheem loses all credibility with me.

As opposed to the credibility of Homers who try to scapegoat Raheem for all the short-comings of this team ??

The writer was just stating an obvious fact that Blount dpes not have a complete skill set , and with Martin's selection the writing is on the wall for his demotion.

Fact is a very strong word brother, use it wisely.

How many failed pass blocks did you see last year?
How many balls were thrown to Blount last year?

The only fact we know is Olsen and Raheem didn't give him a chance in a game to prove he could pass catch or block. And judging by the rest of their decisions I see no reason to trust their judgement. But hey if you wanna take Olsens judgement have fun In that boat alone.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 16, 2012, 10:53:29 PM

I want to see Martin drag 7 guys from the Superbowl winning Packers 35 yards down the field for a TD. I would also love to see him jump over a Pro-Bowl Safety and flat out maul elite NFL LBs.

Until then, Blount has all my support.

Agreed. I'd hate to see Martin/Blount because of the hype of a first rounder.

Too many RB's in the first are busts. No matter how good Muscle Hamster does in college, it's inconsequential once in the NFL.

Martin has to prove that he can hang with the big boys now. Blount has already dragged those big boys around.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 16, 2012, 11:04:21 PM

Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional

RSS

By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor
Published:  May 15, 2012 at 08:12 p.m.

LeGarrette Blount went into the draft hoping that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't select Trent Richardson. The good news for Blount is that the team never got a chance to take Richardson. The bad news is they got back into the end of the first round to select Doug Martin out of Boise State.

Everyone around the Bucs expects Martin to start right away. Unlike Blount, he's a complete back that can play all three downs. Just don't tell Blount that. He says he's the No. 1 guy "until they take it away."

"I had the idea they were going to draft another guy," Blount said via the St. Petersburg Times, noting he's lost 5-10 pounds. "I've been showing I can be an every-down back ... them drafting a running back might be what I needed to become an every-down back.''

Consider us skeptical. If Blount needed competition to get motivated, that doesn't bode well for him. Martin's skill set is more diverse. If nothing else, it's a good problem for the Bucs to have.

IF this is what this guy has to offer insofar as evaluation and insight, well he should have stayed in school. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 17, 2012, 09:42:45 AM

The only fact we know is Olsen and Raheem didn't give him a chance in a game to prove he could pass catch or block. And judging by the rest of their decisions I see no reason to trust their judgement. But hey if you wanna take Olsens judgement have fun In that boat alone.

unless they gave him every practice to prove he could protect the QB and be where he is supposed to?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 17, 2012, 10:15:31 AM

Whoa; "Object of the game is to AVOID opponents" ??? If Vince Lombardi were still alive, he might disagree with you on that one... Guess HOFer's Larry Csonka and Jim Taylor got it all wrong by LOOKING for defenders to run into...

graypilgrim

Starter

#24 : May 17, 2012, 11:09:41 AM

"Don't nobody affect my carries but me"

College education isn't what it used to be.....

hmmmm - we must have some of his classmates posting here as well. Sadly, the use of English is not what it used to be, college not withstanding.

graypilgrim

Starter

#25 : May 17, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Personally, I am hoping that both of them have over 1,500 yards this year; and several years forward. A great argument to have would be who would be the #1 rusher in the NFC and which one would be a very close second. Now, that would be something to see!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 17, 2012, 11:37:16 AM

Blount can't make guys miss? It's a problem to have a running back that can carry 2-4 maybe even 5 guys? I'll take a running back that can run through arm tackles and break long runs when he actually had good blocking. Fumble issues can be fixed.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 17, 2012, 11:39:19 AM

Is it must be the off-season when people complain about having 2 talented backs. After having 1 or just average the last couple of years.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 17, 2012, 03:48:43 PM

.....but it would make decent lyrics in a blues song.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 17, 2012, 04:25:07 PM

.....but it would make decent lyrics in a blues song.

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is delusional « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools