Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't get your hopes up for sellouts, Tampa Bay is struggling economically. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« : May 16, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/35035/bad-box-office-news-for-florida-teams

Glazer might have been wise to hold back his optimism. There’s a less-than-encouraging report out about Tampa Bay’s economy. According to the quarterly Consumer Distress Index put out by the credit counseling agency CredAbility, no major metropolitan area is as stressed as Tampa Bay in the combined factors of job market, tight credit, household budget constraints, lower net worth and the job market.

Yes, Tampa Bay has moved ahead of Detroit.

You know things are bad when you're economically worst than Detroit.

yungbull

Starter
« #1 : May 16, 2012, 07:18:01 PM »

Not from Tampa, but its never great to hear that about the your favorite team's home town.  I wish the locals the best of luck.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 16, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.fl_tampa_msa.htm

Doesn't jive.... informative link

Good luck

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #3 : May 16, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »

Don't get your hopes up for sellouts

Not surprised. City of transplants from cities up north. Old people who can't withstand the heat/humidity. High unemployment rates, housing crisis, people don't have money down here.  But the Bolts have drawn well this past season - but I attribute that to the Cannucks down here for the winter.
« : May 16, 2012, 08:01:08 PM morgan »

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #4 : May 16, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »

All I know is from my own personal experiences, the job market seems much, much better than it did a year ago when I moved here.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : May 16, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »

I have a few clients that are starting to hire now, but the problem is, they are paying EXTREMELY LOW - mostly because people are desperate enough to take them for a lot less than in years past.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 16, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »

I have a few clients that are starting to hire now, but the problem is, they are paying EXTREMELY LOW - mostly because people are desperate enough to take them for a lot less than in years past.

Yeah. I've experienced this first hand and heard about it from several friends. Can't blame the business I guess, but people are desperate and willing to take a lot less. I'm making less than half of what I made at my last job, even though I do the same thing and much more. It will probably take quite awhile of sustained growth before wages go back to "normal"

yungbull

Starter
« #7 : May 16, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.fl_tampa_msa.htm

Doesn't jive.... informative link

Good luck

Yeah, I thought the "worse than Detroit" comment was a little exaggerated.  There's no way in hell it could be that bad down there.

ingey1968

Starter

« #8 : May 16, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

And yet they sell out. So not only is the economy bad here, The fans suck.

iowabuc

Second String

« #9 : May 16, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »

Tampa Bay fans in Tampa Bay = sucky

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 16, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »

I think a big part of Tampa's problem selling out is that most of the people that are willing to go sit in the scorching sun and bake for 4 hours, are the manual laborers and other working class folks....can no longer afford it.

Meanwhile, many of the people that still make enough money to actually afford it wouldn't dream of sitting next to drunk rednecks in the scorching sun on Sundays.

Until the unemployment goes down and wages goes back up, I think we'll continure to have black outs no matter how well we play.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : May 17, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

I agree w/ your theory about heat -
Good idea for the NFL schedule-makers to push the Sept games to 4 pm kickoff.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 17, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »

My advice to those struggling, join the military.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #13 : May 17, 2012, 07:24:37 AM »

Yeah, I'm loving that our first two home games are at 4:15 instead of 1:00. I wonder if it was just done by chance, or if they actually did it on purpose to help Tampa sell out. Either way, there will be shade and I will be there. I hope about 65K other people join me!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : June 03, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »

Tampa Bay fans in Tampa Bay = sucky

as are the ones out of state - they don't travel like other teams.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't get your hopes up for sellouts, Tampa Bay is struggling economically. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools